H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-06-2009, 12:44 PM
Hummer Novice

icehead is on a distinguished road
Default Whenever I say I'm looking to get a H2, people Say.....

I keep talking about my interest in buying a H2 and everyone tells me I'm crazy because they are not going to make them anymore or the gas mileage is too low or what will I do for parts when it breaks down? Are any of you worried about part availability in the future?
Old 12-06-2009, 02:12 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Whenever I say I'm looking to get a H2, people Say.....

The engine, transmission and many other parts are shared with other GM products. You're probably going to need a new windshield now and then too. There are enough H2s out there to make getting parts not that big of a deal and it looks like they are going to start manufacturing them again anyway.
As for mileage, it's not much different than what you'd get in a three quarter or one ton 4 X 4 truck and most Hummer owners consider the gas a small price to pay for owning a Hummer. As for other people's opinion, you're going to hear anything from Yuck to Awesome, but I bought the H2 for me not them and I love every minute of driving it. If you own an H2 you'll never go anywhere unnoticed and people you've just met will offer their opinion on Hummers - except for my Corvettes and when I had my XKE, I've never experienced that before with anything I've driven. People are going to comment on your Hummer all the time. My sister-in-law thinks it's the ugliest vehicle ever made, while my grandsons think it's "the most AWESOME vehicle on the planet."
Five minutes offroad in the mud or in deep snow and you're going to be so glad you have a Hummer. They have the fastest and hottest seat heaters of any car I've ever owned - important in the winter and with my trick back I find myself in the parking lot this time of year sitting in the seats reading with the seat heater on while my wife is in the mall shopping. After all these years it hasn't gotten old driving it and I don't feel that urge to trade like I have with other vehicles after a few years. My biggest inconvenience is that it won't fit in the new parking garage when I go into the city for baseball games.

Last edited by HummerJim : 12-06-2009 at 02:20 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:24 PM
Hummer Expert

twr is on a distinguished road

Hi buy what makes you happy not them, you only go around one time. As for the parts HummerJim said it. The engine, transmission and many other parts are shared with other GM products. You can buy most of them at gm or local parts stores. I don't think they have signed the deal with china yet, but its going to be soon and from what i understand. They will be made in the usa for 2 years with the option for more i think.

2008 H2 SUV
Starr Hid projector headlights
Hid lights in the DRL bumper holes
Custom Alum. light bar, 2 Rigid Industries 10 inch Leds
MC2 Roof Light Bar
24 inch Starr 770 Hammer Rims
Gen 6 Lockpick
Gm bluetooth
Front + Rear Camera's

73 Duster 588 ci. B1 injected akly with NOS
Supercharged 2002 Harley, E Glide Classic
2005 Screamin Eagle, E Glide

http://twrbaggersplus.com/

Last edited by twr : 12-06-2009 at 02:32 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:55 PM
Hummer Professional

wingn69 is on a distinguished road

I have owned a Chevy S-10, Mazda B-2200, Ford explorer, I currently have a Ford Escape for quick trips and my H2 but when it comes down to it I spend more time driving my H2 than anything else, there is a reason for this (its like nothing else) best investment I have ever made.

I have learned not to talk about gas milage to my family like my Dad who drives a F-350 4x4 as a daily driver (2 x 40 gallon tanks) my H2 does much better than his but no one says anything to him about his truck just Hummer owners get pointed out all the time.
2006 H2 Slate Blue LUX with more chorme, K&N 77 Series Intake, Pirelli Scorpion ATR LT325/55R22, 22in polished chrome rims, Kenwood DNX-7200 w/ Garmin Navi, DVD, Bluetooth, IPOD,Rockford Fosegate Punch 10in P-1 Subs, Rockford Fosegate Punch P-300 amp,7" headrest monitors, Carbon Fiber Dash kit, 17 Flip down Monitor, Borla exhaust.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:01 PM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road

Agreed...buy what makes YOU happy.

My truck is hands-down my most favorite vehicle I've ever owned. I've never had a thought of trading it in; not when gas was $5.00 a gallon and I was driving it from Maryland to Moab; and not even when we broken a tie rod on a secluded mountain in Maine and the moose the bear were looking at me like I might be fun to play with...

It really is like nothing else. (read up on this forum about those tie rods though...)

People are definitley hot or cold with these trucks. They either love it or hate it. Most of the unsolicited comments I receive come from owners of Priuses and Jeep Wranglers. Neither seem to be big Hummer fans...Prius-peeps wanna tell you how you're killing the planet and Jeepsters wanna tell you how 'you shoulda bought a Rubicon.'

In the end it's all about you...
Old 12-09-2009, 03:34 AM
Hummer Authority

Viet Nam Vette is an unknown quantity at this point

Some times people will come up to me and start telling me about how bad this is and that is about the H2. My standard answer is..." If Yuor ASS was Blue ...you MIGHT Know something about the HUMMER H2.

99% don't know where it's built or who builds it. They are very Surprised to find out that AM General The HUMVEE Mfg builds the HUMMER H2 right next door to the HUMVEE plant.

They are also surprised to know that that the frame is in three sections unique to the H2... That's whey they say "Like Nothing Else"

This is AMERICA... BUy What You want...Drive What You Want...and live the life you want. Gas...??? I don't care it gas is $8.00 A Gallon..I'm Drving My H2.

I didn't put my ass on the line for this country to have some tree hugger tell me what I should drive.

GM Needs a Real Off road Vehicle in ther line up like the HUMMER. Sorry to say that it won't be GM soon. What a real Dam Shame. The forgieners own everything else in this country... I guess it's HUMMER's turn.

Long Live HUMMER

Old 12-09-2009, 08:19 AM
Hummer Guru

frenzy1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet Nam Vette
Some times people will come up to me and start telling me about how bad this is and that is about the H2. My standard answer is..." If Yuor ASS was Blue ...you MIGHT Know something about the HUMMER H2.

99% don't know where it's built or who builds it. They are very Surprised to find out that AM General The HUMVEE Mfg builds the HUMMER H2 right next door to the HUMVEE plant.

They are also surprised to know that that the frame is in three sections unique to the H2... That's whey they say "Like Nothing Else"

This is AMERICA... BUy What You want...Drive What You Want...and live the life you want. Gas...??? I don't care it gas is $8.00 A Gallon..I'm Drving My H2.

I didn't put my ass on the line for this country to have some tree hugger tell me what I should drive.

GM Needs a Real Off road Vehicle in ther line up like the HUMMER. Sorry to say that it won't be GM soon. What a real Dam Shame. The forgieners own everything else in this country... I guess it's HUMMER's turn.

Long Live HUMMER

totally agree !! Don't listen to other s! Go for it !!

Don't even listen to us !

MY TRUCK : NO !
MY DOG : MAYBE
MY WIFE : YES

Old 12-09-2009, 02:11 PM
Hummer Veteran

EuroHummer is on a distinguished road

You people motivate me! Love all the pro Hummer comments....

I served 26 years in the US Army as a Combat Engineer. During this time, I never could afford to buy a vehicle for myself that I wanted. It was always what was affordable and family oriented. Now that I am retired, and still working in Iraq with the Army, I decided that it was ME time and bought a lifted H2 (2003, 47000 miles). I am not worried about the gas mileage, there are many trucks and cars running around that get the same or worse. In fact, I decided to rebuild the engine and my goal was 500 HP naturally aspirated HP. Now I am considering a ProCharger to boost that up to around 800. I live in Germany where gas is 8-9 bucks a gallon, and I really could give a crap....I only live once, and I like my lifted, gas eating, four wheeling beast and won't sell it. If I lose my job and have to live in the back, I will just remove the back seats and make some more room.....I pity the first liberal tree hugger in Germany that say's something negative about my baby......I may have to make an example out of them and try my hand at car crushing H2 style.... Name:  129_0611_03_z+2003_hummer_h2+front_view_car_crush.jpg
Views: 941
Size:  72.1 KB

2003 H2, 408 CI, K1 Forged 4" stroke crank, K1 6.125" forged rods, Wiseco X-Series 0.30 forged pistons, Schneider cam, FAST 102mm LSXRT, precision flow injectors, Comp Pro Magnum rockers, SA Gear DR timing set, ARP main studs, 90mm ETC TB, Airaid MIT, MSD Coils/wires, Dynatech Headers/high flow cats, Magnaflow, Jessie James Black Widows 20x9, Nitto Dune Grapplers 37", Fabtech 6" lift, CK Performance XHD 4l70e and 4.56 Gears
Old 12-14-2009, 12:00 AM
Hummer Authority

Viet Nam Vette is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroHummer
You people motivate me! Love all the pro Hummer comments....

I served 26 years in the US Army as a Combat Engineer. During this time, I never could afford to buy a vehicle for myself that I wanted. It was always what was affordable and family oriented. Now that I am retired, and still working in Iraq with the Army, I decided that it was ME time and bought a lifted H2 (2003, 47000 miles). I am not worried about the gas mileage, there are many trucks and cars running around that get the same or worse. In fact, I decided to rebuild the engine and my goal was 500 HP naturally aspirated HP. Now I am considering a ProCharger to boost that up to around 800. I live in Germany where gas is 8-9 bucks a gallon, and I really could give a crap....I only live once, and I like my lifted, gas eating, four wheeling beast and won't sell it. If I lose my job and have to live in the back, I will just remove the back seats and make some more room.....I pity the first liberal tree hugger in Germany that say's something negative about my baby......I may have to make an example out of them and try my hand at car crushing H2 style.... Attachment 51950

My Man... I also was in the Army Engineers in Nam but onlyfor one tour of a year. After 26 Years of your service to our country you are the man!! If any one gives you any crap about your cool Liffted Supperchared HUMMER. Email me an I'll fly my H2 over and will give him a double crush.

What-ya want Front or Back?

Old 12-24-2009, 06:21 PM
Hummer Expert

pdxrealtor is on a distinguished road

I just got mine. I contemplated for a year and heard many opinions... in the end I did what I wanted and am very happy I did.

2006 HUMMER H2
MOOG Front End
Diablo InTune w/DiabLew Tune
Cognito Steering Support
OBX LT Headers
Air Raid Filter w/Tube
External Trans Cooler -Radiator Bypass
Corvette Servo
Rancho 9000 Adjustable Shocks-
Rancho Steering Stabilizer
20" Chrome Fuel Hostage - Cooper ST Maxx
Slotted Rotors/Ceramic pads/Steel Lines
Viper Smart Start
iPod/Video Interface
HID Head and Fog Lights
Optima Red Top w/ Priority Start Cut Off Mod
Old 12-25-2009, 03:58 AM
Hummer Veteran

rmutchler is on a distinguished road

I was in the same boat...thought about it for a year or two...then just did it two weeks ago. I think it's the best car I've owned...and I'm not just trying to justify a dumb purchase, I would do it again over and over! Jump in, the water's nice!