H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 01-27-2006, 03:24 AM
Hummer Guru

DDWH is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rodster:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TootsSUT:
Ree is in!!! I'm so excited!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, and DDWH is quitting his job to make time for the event! All abooooard! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HA! If only it was that easy man If I hit the lotto it would be on

"OBAMA......Making Jimmy Carter LOOK GOOD!"
Old 01-27-2006, 03:25 AM

Bondage is off the scale

It's one of the only places in the whole damn country where you can still feel "alone."

Sean
Attached Images

Old 01-27-2006, 03:33 AM

Bondage is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rodster:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TootsSUT:
Whoever can get to the top of the highest hill without using an existing trail! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like! That'll have to be at Rasor where it's open play. Don't want to go off trail otherwise.

<span class="ev_code_RED">That's right, but Rasor is WIIIIIIIDE open!</span>

Although, that might get Bondage arrested since he has the permit.

<span class="ev_code_RED">They can't arrest me. I'm Bond. James Bond. </span>

The bug idea: ugh. I'll sit that one out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_RED">I'm with you.</span>
Attached Images

Old 01-27-2006, 03:50 AM

Bondage is off the scale

You know, this might be a good point to get serious for a minute.

I know Toots was talking about free-playing in Rasor OHV area, but everyone on this trip should know that RESPECT for this land is of paramount importance. Even if Big Sister Boxer were not involved, and our right to enjoy our land were not at risk, it would still be important. So much of the Road still looks just as it did when the Indians used it as a footpath, when the first wheeled cart was drug across it by the white man in the 1850's, and when Lt. Beale ran a herd of camels on it as an experiment for the US Army!! (Rumor has it there are still camels out there to this day - descendants of the ones the Army set free when their experiment failed miserably.)

It looks this way and is so historically wonderful because those brave souls who venture into it respect it and truly, "tread lightly." Even with 15 or so Hummers crossing next month, we can leave it looking as good, if not better, than it did when we started.

I don't mean to preach or be on a soapbox, and I know all of you guys (and gals) already know this, but I seriously do love this desert and this trail and just thought it wouldn't hurt to type out a reminder - to all of you and to MYSELF!

MY GOD am I looking forward to meeting you all and driving "The Road." There's been some crap in my life lately. I need my desert fix.

K. Enough serious already. Let's talk about the Bun Boy Motel instead......

Sean
Old 01-27-2006, 04:00 AM

rodster is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bondage:

I don't mean to preach or be on a soapbox... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It needs to be said. But dang, you did sound like a souther preacher there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">K. Enough serious already. Let's talk about the Bun Boy Motel instead...... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO!

I have a better idea. Let's strategize ways to get DDWH fired.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:01 AM

rodster is off the scale

Uh wait. That won't work. We don't know who DDWH is. Damn.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:04 AM

rodster is off the scale

Sean -- how much time you think we'll have at the old fort?
Old 01-27-2006, 04:13 AM

Bondage is off the scale

Sean -- how much time you think we'll have at the old fort? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We're gonna have to strategize a little. Getting to Baker (and the Bun Boy Motel, Massage Parlor and Leather Bar)in one day is gonna require some discipline and planning. We'll make it though, and we'll make sure to spend just enough time to appreciate it all and take some good pics.

Sean
BTW Rodster - did you notice when you were there that the largest of the three rooms in the outpost was for the HORSES??? Classic old west.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:14 AM

Bondage is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bondage:

I don't mean to preach or be on a soapbox... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It needs to be said. But dang, you did sound like a souther preacher there.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Amen, brother.</span>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">K. Enough serious already. Let's talk about the Bun Boy Motel instead...... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO!

I have a better idea. Let's strategize ways to get DDWH fired. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 01-27-2006, 04:17 AM

Bondage is off the scale

I have a better idea. Let's strategize ways to get DDWH fired. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I slipped out of the loop on this one. Why are we trying to get this rotten SOB fired and tossed out to die of starvation in the street?

Sean
Old 01-27-2006, 04:18 AM

Bondage is off the scale

Oh...and...BUN BOY BUN BOY BUN BOY. Jesus H Christ that makes me laugh.

Sean
Old 01-27-2006, 04:27 AM

rodster is off the scale

We're gonna have to strategize a little. Blah, blah, blah in one day is gonna require some discipline and planning. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True. Wanna bypass the fort?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
BTW Rodster - did you notice when you were there that the largest of the three rooms in the outpost was for the HORSES??? Classic old west. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even my girls laughed at that oddity. More room for the horses than the soldiers!
Old 01-27-2006, 04:31 AM

rodster is off the scale

I slipped out of the loop on this one. Why are we trying to get this rotten SOB fired and tossed out to die of starvation in the street?

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Back up a page or so and you'll see. No, I really don't want to see DDWH get fired. He just needs a little push so he'll take time away from a busy life to come with us.

Alright, that's it ...

My sense of humor sucks and no matter how hard I try, I'm just not funny. I'll not try to be funny any more!
Old 01-27-2006, 04:32 AM

TootsSUT is off the scale

You know, this might be a good point to get serious for a minute.

I know Toots was talking about free-playing in Rasor OHV area, but everyone on this trip should know that RESPECT for this land is of paramount importance. Even if Big Sister Boxer were not involved, and our right to enjoy our land were not at risk, it would still be important. So much of the Road still looks just as it did when the Indians used it as a footpath, when the first wheeled cart was drug across it by the white man in the 1850's, and when Lt. Beale ran a herd of camels on it as an experiment for the US Army!! (Rumor has it there are still camels out there to this day - descendants of the ones the Army set free when their experiment failed miserably.)

It looks this way and is so historically wonderful because those brave souls who venture into it respect it and truly, "tread lightly." Even with 15 or so Hummers crossing next month, we can leave it looking as good, if not better, than it did when we started.

I don't mean to preach or be on a soapbox, and I know all of you guys (and gals) already know this, but I seriously do love this desert and this trail and just thought it wouldn't hurt to type out a reminder - to all of you and to MYSELF! <span class="ev_code_RED">Not disagreeing in any way but..... Rasor already has areas with difficult hill trails that are not part of the Mojave road and..... I think I've seen many tracks from those that have tried to do the same thing that we might want to attempt but in jeeps, in which case they didn't make it 10 feet!! </span>

MY GOD am I looking forward to meeting you all and driving "The Road." There's been some crap in my life lately. I need my desert fix.

K. Enough serious already. Let's talk about the Bun Boy Motel instead......

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\'05 Black SUT LUX/ADV package
Old 01-27-2006, 04:35 AM

TootsSUT is off the scale

[quote]Originally posted by Bondage:
Alright, that's it ...

My sense of humor sucks and no matter how hard I try, I'm just not funny. I'll not try to be funny any more! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know, if you try not to be funny, you usually end up being funny!!! Ironic, huh??

Just to make certain you know, I thnk you are funny just the way you are!!! Augh!!

\'05 Black SUT LUX/ADV package
Old 01-27-2006, 04:39 AM

Bondage is off the scale

[quote]Originally posted by rodster:
Wanna bypass the fort?

Now that you said it first...um...yes? LOL I think it would be for the best, really. There's a lot to see the whole length of the Road and it takes soooo much time getting in to it and then doubling back. You agree?
Old 01-27-2006, 04:44 AM

rodster is off the scale

Now that you said it first...um...yes? LOL I think it would be for the best, really. There's a lot to see the whole length of the Road and it takes soooo much time getting in to it and then doubling back. You agree? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, I agree. The fort experience can be had through photographs. There's much more to see and do down the trail.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:47 AM

rodster is off the scale

You know, if you try not to be funny, you usually end up being funny!!! Ironic, huh?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I've been told that before. I'm helpless without inflection.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Just to make certain you know, I thnk you are funny just the way you are!!! Augh!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh, I think I'll take that.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:48 AM

Bondage is off the scale

Alright, that's it ...

My sense of humor sucks and no matter how hard I try, I'm just not funny. I'll not try to be funny any more! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But you ARE funny! My God in heaven - the fact that you are staying at The Bun Boy, "Original Home of the Magic Fingers Bed" PROVES you are a brave and funny soul. I was driving down the road today and just out of nowhere said "Bun Boy" out loud and started laughing. I did! It is about the funniest goddam thing I've heard in a long time. Try this. Just say (to yourself but out loud) "I am staying at the Bun Boy Motel." If you can do it and not crack a smile then ther IS something wrong with your sense of humor. Betchya can't do it.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:00 AM

Bondage is off the scale

The best shower I ever had in my LIFE was in Las Vegas, BTW! (Howzzat for a bad segway?) I spent a full week camping and wheeling in the desert and rolled up to the Tropicana in my Jeep (this was in the early '80's). I went straight in, stripped off, and stood under the water in that shower for an hour!!! There was sand and dust and grit in every crack and crevice of my tired sunburnt body and that was sheer HEAVEN! Sometimes the only thing better than the desert is finally getting OUT of it!

Sean