H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 04-03-2007, 04:41 AM
Hummer Veteran

MattRoberts123 is on a distinguished road
Cool Smoked a ricer today

Well... I was a little cranky this evening, and coming back from a local blockbuster a little rice rocket pulled up next to me at the intersection. It was 2 teenagers, in one of those POS rice racers where the paint is peeling off EVERYWHERE, yet they still think they are REAL hard because they have a spoiler that might help E.T. find his way home and the typical obnoxious exhaust.

Well, typically I won't mess with these guys.. only for the reason that I know their 4 banger imports will beat me just due to size and weight alone.... and I can't stand to give any piece of **** like that the satisfaction of winning, no matter what level.

Well anyways, I started going, and just because I left from a dead stop a second before him... he thought I was trying to race... I thought, WTF. So I reached to turn off the air conditioner and stomped on it... I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT.... I SMOKED HIM. All the way up to 90 he couldn't even keep up with my rear bumper. That exhaust of his was screamin, and he was tryin to show his loser buddy how cool he was... but the fact remains... he got BEAT.. by a stock H2 with 24" wheels and 37" tires. HAHAHAH

I can't believe you could drive a POS like that around, trying to be all showy about how fast and badass your ride is, and a H2 can beat you! This really makes me want to get a supercharger just so I can go around and mess with more of these guys!

Anyways, I just got a good laugh outta the whole deal, thought I would share with everyone!

Carless... riding the bus... Trying to decide on which 08 H2 to get
Old 04-03-2007, 05:30 AM
Hummer Veteran

eugenebeauxbuton is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Smoked a ricer today

i bet he went home with his tail between his legs just wondering how the %$# he got his a$$ stomped by your huge HUMMER haha

Hummer Owner (n.): a different type of person altogether. 2006 Black H3 with Luxury Package, Sunroof, Chrome Wheels, Chrome Appearance Package, Chrome Tubular Side Steps NO MORE, XM, Monsoon Sound System. SOON TO BE GETTING SOME TOYO 33'S AND DITCHING THE LAME 31'S!!!!!
Old 04-03-2007, 06:24 AM
Steve - SanJose

picking your battles
Old 04-03-2007, 07:32 AM
Hummer Authority

ssgharkness020147 is an unknown quantity at this point

I beat a sebring once. The kid was pissed, and I'm still trying to figure out how the hell I won.

-007=
Old 04-03-2007, 08:24 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

The H2 with just some small adjustments and punching the tow/haul button will make the H2 jump with a little quicker step. Dennis calls the tow/haul button His factory supercharger I think it was called. But, He did discover by accident that it changes the tranny shift etc. as it should and made him quicker off the line.

But, pick something like a Vette or a 350Z and it will give a better look at where the H2 rates unless some serious cash is spent on the H2. I bought my 2005 and well of course went right to make it faster, quicker, and well just plain old meaner. My cousin bought a new 2005 Vette not with the upgraded engine but, anyway in a 0 to 60 I left him makin smoke and he never could catch up. I had told him I may could give him a run for his money but, he just laughed at me. I did not tell him I was running around 500HP at the wheels. I did tell him after though. He told me he was never going to take any big rig for granted and especially an H2.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 04-03-2007, 08:31 AM
Hummer Veteran

RichS is on a distinguished road

'05 Daughter-Luxury and Adventure Package (Sweet!)
Old 04-03-2007, 09:08 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBob is an unknown quantity at this point

AWESOME Matt!!!
Old 04-03-2007, 12:02 PM
Hummer Guru

frenzy1 is on a distinguished road

Freakin A bro !!! Where I live there are NO hummers and LOOOOTS of little ricers. They're all scared of my truck, 'cause of its size and looks.

Frenzy
Belgium

MY TRUCK : NO !
MY DOG : MAYBE
MY WIFE : YES

Old 04-03-2007, 12:26 PM
Hummer Veteran

cl998 is on a distinguished road

I dont get the whole rice burner fad. DO these kids actually think their cars look good? Do they think their cars actually look fast?? I know some of them are "quick" but still why would you get a $5000 car and add $10,000 to it. For the money you could get an decent used Vette or even a Boxter.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:45 PM
Hummer Veteran

mowdoc is on a distinguished road

Well this is not Hummer related but certainly is ricer related.

The truck I had before my Hummer was a Duramax diesel that I had spent a lot of time and money on. Last dyno pull was 612hp/893lbs torque. Anyway - one of my favorite things was when a ricer or low rider was on my right at a stop light with his radio vibrating everything I would turn both chips on high and brake boost to around 3 psi. When the light turned green I would launch hard and fill the little fauker's car with heavy black smoke. I have left many just setting and waiting for the smoke to clear from the interior!!

It was too much fun and if they said anything later I would just tell them I did not care for that song they were playing too loud.

My Hummer does not run anywhere near that level and I don't race much anymore but I sure do enjoy driving it (when the wife lets me).

That brings up another issue - how many of you have lost your Hummer to the wife?? When my wife wanted new wheels in 05 I suggested looking at Hummers and she said no way, too big, and all that crap. So in 06 when I bought my H2 I drove it for 3 or 4 days before she took it to work one day. I only get it now if it needs something like service or gas. I drive HER car and she takes MY Hummer??? That's just wrong - huh??

mowdoc
Old 04-03-2007, 02:43 PM
Hummer Veteran

H2 OHHH! is on a distinguished road

I always seem to get in a bad mood from my local Block Buster as well
Old 04-03-2007, 03:12 PM
Hummer Professional

mdoyle is on a distinguished road

Ditto on the peeling paint on ricers. It seems like most of those kids have never heard of surface prep and flex additives

Most seem to come from the "louder is faster" camp too. Oh well, back when I was in high school in the early 80's, everyone seemed to be running air shocks and cherry bomb exhaust on their Monte Carlos and we thought that was cool.

At least some of them are doing their own wrenching and eventually they'll figure it out after they replace their valvetrain.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:55 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't like ricers. That is all.

I beat a Ford Lightning with our black one. He had a stage two chip, lower pulley, and some other things done. He should have smoked me, but nope! The crowd at the strip went nuts. It's on video somewhere...

But I still don't like ricers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowdoc
That brings up another issue - how many of you have lost your Hummer to the wife?? When my wife wanted new wheels in 05 I suggested looking at Hummers and she said no way, too big, and all that crap. So in 06 when I bought my H2 I drove it for 3 or 4 days before she took it to work one day. I only get it now if it needs something like service or gas. I drive HER car and she takes MY Hummer??? That's just wrong - huh??

mowdoc
I lost our last one for awhile. CP loved rolling around town in Big Nasty... until I took the side steps off...

So go get a lift and take the steps off.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:17 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
The H2 with just some small adjustments and punching the tow/haul button will make the H2 jump with a little quicker step. Dennis calls the tow/haul button His factory supercharger I think it was called. But, He did discover by accident that it changes the tranny shift etc. as it should and made him quicker off the line.

TAZ

Yeeeeeees.

My Video Collectionez

Old 04-03-2007, 06:36 PM
Elcova Rookie

007hum is off the scale

I have an 03 H2 and love it to death.

I also love my 05 EVO MR
all wheel drive and fast as hell

This car corners very fast and has tons of power and is fun to drive.
Attached Images

Old 04-03-2007, 06:53 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

I bet he went to get his rear wing extensions today and new plastic spinners from WAlmart. He'll beat you next time for sure now!
Old 04-03-2007, 07:48 PM
Hummer Professional

Fastest H-Town Realtor is off the scale

Ricers have a hard time getting beat by a JEEP. One mouthed off about my allegedly having " NAWWWWWWWWWWSSSSSSSSS". I simply explained that his momma wanted her ironing board back off the trunk of his ride.

Have-08 Titan C/C,06 GCSRT-425FTLB & AWD, other junk..
Want-08 Viper, 06 M5
Old 04-03-2007, 09:35 PM
Hummer Authority

mikejr is an unknown quantity at this point

my favorite saying about the ricers is.....there goes another POS with a loud fart pipe on it......

2008 H2 Lux Series, Slate Blue, everything but the air suspension - sold

2006 H2 Lux Series, Uplevel Chrome, DVD's, Slate Blue, Sun Roof - sold

"If Life Gives You Limes, Make Margaritas" - Jimmy Buffett
Old 04-03-2007, 10:39 PM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Aficionado_VT is on a distinguished road

Rice boxes= .
Old 04-03-2007, 11:03 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a nissan 350z for a while. That car was fun!!!!

"RICERS" is suck a broad catagory. you have the POS ones with the big fart pipes. You have the all looks and no go catagory. And than you have the catagory that is just insane!!!!

I lined up with an Elipse against my TL1000R...and almost lost. We were side by side til about 130 and than I barely pulled. INSANE! That was the last time I hammered down like that. There was no wayyyyyy I was going to get beat.

Now it's more fun to swerve at them while in the HUMMER.