Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Steering binding? (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14480)

PARAGON 04-25-2006 05:30 PM

I was somewhat under the impression that there was virtually no way that it would show one mode and be in another. That it was 2 different systems that control/monitor.

Adam in CO 04-25-2006 06:16 PM

It was NOT showing locked. It was defintely showing 4 Hi Open. I would have noticed that.

PARAGON 04-25-2006 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Adam in CO:
It was NOT showing locked. It was defintely showing 4 Hi Open. I would have noticed that.
Surrre!

I don't know. When I was going over the stuff for Ken, there was something about the indicators and the actuator not being tied together or something along those lines.

My question would be how do they know it's in 4HI locked w/o the indicator unless they looked in the T-case or something.

Hummie2 04-25-2006 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PARAGON:
I was somewhat under the impression that there was virtually no way that it would show one mode and be in another. That it was 2 different systems that control/monitor.

Broken shift fork. The motor turns the shifter cam back to 4high open and the encoder shows 4high open, but the t-case remains in 4lock because the shiftfork broke when shifting out of 4lock.

PARAGON 04-25-2006 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Hummie2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:

Broken shift fork. The motor turns the shifter cam back to 4high open and the encoder shows 4high open, but the t-case remains in 4lock because the shiftfork broke when shifting out of 4lock. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ahhhh! That makes total sense!

ree 04-25-2006 07:00 PM

Quote:

My question would be how do they know it's in 4HI locked w/o the indicator unless they looked in the T-case or something.
You'd think you could speculate that it's binding by turning on dry pavement and feeling binding and tire skip. You wouldn't know the tcase is locked, but if you've driven on pavement in 4-hi-lock, it's pretty obvious what's happening.

But Adam says he thinks it's worse to the left which is inconsistent with a locked tcase. But then again, he said "I think it's worse to turn left than right."

NoMoGMPG 04-25-2006 07:01 PM

Adam,

Are you breaking your truck again?

Adam in CO 04-25-2006 07:24 PM

Wow. This is WAY better than Medved.

h2co-pilot 04-25-2006 08:00 PM

Adam, I got your message yesterday but I got home late last night. The steering did not seem very weird to me after we figured it was gone. If anything the PS wheel (the good one) was more leniant turning right and seemed tighter on the left- but then again, I never really made any severe turns toward the left after that or drove it on the pavement- Ken might know what it felt like.

What are they saying now? Did they check the actuator? When our tcase was locked in 4lo it still indicated the correct mode- even when turned manually it indicated the correct mode.

mircea 04-27-2006 05:35 AM

Hi,
I have to replace my P/S pump but there is no Hummer dealer in Romania.Can somebody help me with an address in US?

Ernie Italy 04-27-2006 07:38 AM

Is easy to contact Hummer in Italy....
service@hummeritaly.com and talk with Christian

ree 04-27-2006 10:28 AM

Adam, Any verdict?

KenP 04-27-2006 06:37 PM

Adam, did they try this:

http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/t...1/m/8281081971

Adam in CO 05-01-2006 08:25 PM

A full week now, and still no Hummer. I think I could have fixed the tcase in that amount of time.

PARAGON 05-01-2006 08:34 PM

Quote:

A full week now, and still no Hummer. I think I could have fixed the tcase in that amount of time.
Must have taken it in to Medved

Adam in CO 05-01-2006 08:49 PM

Quote:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Adam in CO:
Must have taken it in to Medved </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They are the number 1 Hummer dealer and service center in Denver.

PARAGON 05-01-2006 10:40 PM

Quote:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Adam in CO:

They are the number 1 Hummer dealer and service center in Denver. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>so I don't hear

timgco 05-02-2006 01:17 AM

Quote:

They are the number 1 Hummer dealer and service center in Denver. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>so I don't hear </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMFAO! They are the only HUMMER dealer and service center in Denver.