View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 12:45 AM
Hummer Veteran

cestwick is off the scale
Default Re: Torsion Bar Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by humdoug
I received the attached document from Truxxx Manufacturing and it does provide some helpful information on how the torsion bars work.

Contact Information:

Truxxx Manufacturing LLC
810 E 19th St, Tucson, AZ 85719
(480) 882-0717 or toll free at 888-660-5892 - Fax: (480) 993-2267
Email info@truxxx.com: http://www.truxxx.com

I currently have my bars adjusted 2 1/2 turns and I just ordered the Truxxx H3 Lift Kit. Should have it installed next week and I will provide feedback.

I just read the Truxxx report and while most of it is true that style of torsion key is not used in the H3. The H3 has a key bolt twice as big and doesn't force the end of the key up as in other gm's, It pulls the key down as you tighten the bolt. One thing I have noticed with the H3 is as you tighten the torsion bars the ride ends up getting rough...This is happening because the shock is "topping out". I cranked my torsion bars up 7 or 8 turns and untill my extended BDS shocks get here shimmed the shock lower in the mount so it is not "topping out. I also built a set of rear shackles that are 2 1/2 inches longer then stock to raise the rear and inch or so to match the front. In this pic I have the H3 with 315 Coopers, torsion bars cranked and shackles installed.
Attached Images

'06 H3 Shadow Green, Adventure, 6 disk Monsoon, SMA brush guard w/PIAA lights, Rocky Road extreme rocker protection, roof lights(off road), lower grill lights(off road), Helo Maxx8 Black Wheels, 35" Cooper STT, Garmin I-Que M4 to get home.