H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 06-09-2005, 02:55 PM

firm is off the scale

I just found out that my vehicle is being held up because of a lack of marker lights. They have been placed on "constraint".
Old 06-09-2005, 02:55 PM

firm is off the scale

I just found out that my vehicle is being held up because of a lack of marker lights. They have been placed on "constraint".
Old 06-09-2005, 03:44 PM

Mervz is off the scale

Its been that way for a while. Your dealer should have told you when you ordered, because they knew this was the case. Sorry to hear your troubles.
Old 06-09-2005, 06:30 PM

firm is off the scale

I went to the dealer today, and he had another H3 available. It was tempting, but I went ahead and ordered again. He said it may be 4 weeks before the marker lights come in, on top of the 12 weeks I am going to wait for my car to be built.
Old 06-09-2005, 06:39 PM
Hummer Authority

partsguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Lamps are set up as a accessory but not a option
from the factory.I think the contracted price from the vendor is the problem.You dealer should have them in stock 12499109.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:40 PM

Mervz is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by firm:
I went to the dealer today, and he had another H3 available. It was tempting, but I went ahead and ordered again. He said it may be 4 weeks before the marker lights come in, on top of the 12 weeks I am going to wait for my car to be built. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

12 weeks?? Thats way too long. I ordered mine last friday and it will be build the last week of this month! Thats just a little over three weeks
Old 06-09-2005, 11:28 PM

firm is off the scale

16 weeks total. 4 weeks while we wait for these marker lights, 12 weeks for the order. I'm pissed, but I don't think I have many options since I am GMS.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:37 PM

Mervz is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by firm:
16 weeks total. 4 weeks while we wait for these marker lights, 12 weeks for the order. I'm pissed, but I don't think I have many options since I am GMS. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hate to break it to you, but i'm GM employee also... Want the dealer name that i bought it from?
Old 06-09-2005, 11:43 PM

firm is off the scale

Please
Old 06-09-2005, 11:47 PM
Hummer Professional

HoKC is off the scale

Firm
If he cannot help you let me know. I am sure that 16 weeks is way too long. If nothing else you can get the H3 you want now without the Marker lights and add them after they start coming through the supply chain. I have a couple of people who are doing that. They put their order in without the lights and then we are going to put them on when they are available.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:09 AM

firm is off the scale

HOKC- I was going to do that, but I figured if I was going to wait 12 weeks, then what's 16 weeks. Now if any dealers out there have a Yellow H3' Adventure 5 speed, with sunroof, Blk tube steps, and roof rack let me know. I think the 5 speed is holding me up. The dealer had a Base model automatic, but it had too much chrome. The chrome looks awful.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:54 AM

TxDoc is an unknown quantity at this point

With a width of 74.7 inches for the H3, it is less than the required 80, or greater inch width, that would make them required by law.

You would be surprised at how the added lighting does discourage folks from pulling out at night from stop signs, and red lights as you approach. Besides the aesthetics, they do add a degree of safety.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:02 AM

TxDoc is an unknown quantity at this point

Meant to add, you can go to this link

http://www.wheels.com/reference/referenceFrame.htm

Look under holds/lead times, Key Production Holds or Lead Times, for some possible updates.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:00 AM
Hummer Expert

H3 Builder is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">HOKC- I was going to do that, but I figured if I was going to wait 12 weeks, then what's 16 weeks. Now if any dealers out there have a Yellow H3' Adventure 5 speed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The manuals were on hold, but I think they have been released now. With a hold, there would be a back log of orders so that could add to the order time. Also, we are down for the first 2 weeks in July for GM shut down. So no production those 2 weeks.
Old 06-11-2005, 06:09 PM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Guy is off the scale

firm, what are all the options on your order?

http://www.hummerguy.net
Old 06-11-2005, 08:59 PM

firm is off the scale

Hummer Guy-
I ordered a Yellow Adventure 5 speed H3, with black tube steps, Black roof rack, and sunroof. I talked with Andy @Sewell and he said the 5 speed would be hard to find. I'm ok with an automatic. The hard part is finding someone who has this, and is willing to take my GMS number. I found two dealers here in Florida who have the rig I want, but neither is willing to take the GMS number. I ordered back in April, but my dealer made a mistake, and the order never was processed. (I was the one who discovered this by calling Hummer) Now my dealer is saying it will take 4 months. I'm tired of them, and am willing to fly to find what I want. Andy said he has one coming in at the end of the month @ Sewell, I'm just waiting to see if they will let me use my GMS. I'm already approved by my credit union, and the check for the rig is waiting (It has a 90 shelf-life, before I have to re-apply)
Old 06-12-2005, 12:10 PM
Hummer Expert

First Hummer is off the scale

[quote]Originally posted by firm:
I just found out that my vehicle is being held up because of a lack of marker lights. They have been placed on "constraint".[/QUOT

I think the way to go is jsut get the vehicle first, then add on when you get it home and have dealer add on accessories.With maybe the factory sunroof being an acception.That why I got mine before some people who ordered chrome packages.I picked mine up and have added grill guard and chrome step tubes.