H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 03-17-2005, 11:59 PM
Hummer Expert

drmiles is off the scale

**** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I left for Boerne (Texas Hummer Event) this pm got to Columbus (80 miles) and the transmission in my truck f@$#ed up. When it down shifts to 2nd the engine rpm's go to 6,000 and the truck doesn't move. if you let off the gas it will shift to 3rd and start moving again. Turned around and drove to the dealer. It then quit shifting into 4th. So I have 1st and 3rd gears. Waiting for the verdict tomorrow as to what might have broken!!!
Old 03-17-2005, 11:59 PM
Hummer Expert

drmiles is off the scale

**** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I left for Boerne (Texas Hummer Event) this pm got to Columbus (80 miles) and the transmission in my truck f@$#ed up. When it down shifts to 2nd the engine rpm's go to 6,000 and the truck doesn't move. if you let off the gas it will shift to 3rd and start moving again. Turned around and drove to the dealer. It then quit shifting into 4th. So I have 1st and 3rd gears. Waiting for the verdict tomorrow as to what might have broken!!!
Old 03-18-2005, 12:06 AM
Hummer Guru

RIC-H0 is an unknown quantity at this point

Same thing happened to mine after a day of wheeling. They ended up replacing the whole transmission!
Good luck...Maybe you'll make it there by Friday or saturday. It really doesn't take them long to change one out, and you get a your tranny, and coolant fluid changed out for free!
Hey...If you're in San Antonio, lets go out for a few drinks, either Thursday/Friday!
It's St.Pattys Day. I'll get the 1st round of green beer!!
Give me a call 210-381-9020
Either way,
Good luck...Hope to meet you on saturday!

Ric-H2
Old 03-18-2005, 01:27 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Chances are that you also don't have reverse and it's probably a broken spline on the reaction sun shell. It's the round cage thing with the red blinking circle around it.
Attached Images

Old 03-18-2005, 03:33 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

I'm beginning to notice that until My tranny warms up it seems to slip or jump into higher gear. My tuner is set at perf. Mode could it just be a torque management problem or just the tranny fluid causing problems?
Please jump in here and give Me some advice so i can get it to dealer if need be.
It could be that I'm just going to have to let warm up before I take off.
Thanks
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 03-18-2005, 04:51 AM

crash is off the scale

We have been having alot of failures with the reaction sun shell but not just with the H2's, also all the other models..
Old 03-18-2005, 11:58 AM
Hummer Expert

drmiles is off the scale

Well, whatever it is its still under warranty.

BUT, I'll have to listen to the service manager bitch about the lift an the trailer arms that SkyJacker uses. He has trouble getting it on his lift. When they changed my transfer case it took 30 days and my bitching before they fixed it. Kept trying to blame it on lift kit.

Anyway don't expect to have it back for a while. Also cn't take the travel trailer to the beach for spring break now!!! Stuck at home with nothing but work to do.
Old 03-18-2005, 03:58 PM

lexpro is off the scale

Jerry maybe the dealer will loan you a truck as a loaner car....or reimburse you up to a certain amount towards a rental so you can get a truck to pull your trailer...
Old 03-18-2005, 06:54 PM
Hummer Expert

drmiles is off the scale

He gave me a surban no trailer hitch available..

The 2nd and 4th gear bands or out in mine. (I still have reverse). I wonder if I'm asking too much of my truck. How often will the Tranny fail with my current demands.

Looking at the H1, can't convience myself that 146,000 is a good price...
Old 03-18-2005, 06:56 PM

lexpro is off the scale

which dealer?
Old 03-18-2005, 06:59 PM
Hummer Expert

drmiles is off the scale

Demontron
Old 03-18-2005, 07:50 PM

crash is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drmiles:
He gave me a surban no trailer hitch available..

The 2nd and 4th gear bands or out in mine. (I still have reverse). I wonder if I'm asking too much of my truck. How often will the Tranny fail with my current demands.

Looking at the H1, can't convience myself that 146,000 is a good price... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How big of a trailer are you pulling?
Old 03-18-2005, 08:13 PM
Hummer Expert

drmiles is off the scale

27 foot, 6500lbs dry weight. Pulling mostly dry.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:22 PM

crash is off the scale

You are oin the upper edge of the weight limit, but you should be fine. Well, as long as you use the tow/haul switch and flush your tranny fluid around every 15k or as needed... The only down side to hauling that much weight with the H2, the rig/platform is a little on the heavy side as is, plus you got the drag/wind factor in there also. But we have a couple customers who tow 5-6k constantly and never have issues...

Did the dealership say anything along the lines of overheated fluid? Some times thats a givin to why it failed, but can also just plain/simply be an aftermath of the failing clutch/band material.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:59 PM
Hummer Expert

drmiles is off the scale

Have only pulled the trailer 100 miles. Changed(flushed) the fluid @ 20,000miles now has 31,000. Did have a transfercase failure @ 25,000. checked fluid when problem started, it was full a clean looking,smelled clean as well.
Old 03-19-2005, 02:48 AM

crash is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drmiles:
Have only pulled the trailer 100 miles. Changed(flushed) the fluid @ 20,000miles now has 31,000. Did have a transfercase failure @ 25,000. checked fluid when problem started, it was full a clean looking,smelled clean as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't worry that "you" caused the failure. It was just meant to be. Gotta remember when they knock a thousand units out, there is bound to be some failures(human error).. I am a 16 year tech in the chev/hummer line and even I make mistakes from time to time(again, human error)....
Hopefully they can get you fixed up in a timely manner....
Old 03-19-2005, 07:06 PM
Hummer Professional

DH22G is an unknown quantity at this point

that is odd.... ive had some tranny problems but it was all solved with a computer reprog. but yea i cant seem to get those morons at the dealer to stop hasseling me about my aftermarket equiptment.. saying its my problem... my ass
03 H2 White... too much to list
2003 Malibu Wakesetter VLX -READY FOR THE SUN
Old 03-19-2005, 07:18 PM

crash is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DH22G:
that is odd.... ive had some tranny problems but it was all solved with a computer reprog. but yea i cant seem to get those morons at the dealer to stop hasseling me about my aftermarket equiptment.. saying its my problem... my ass </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are also issues with the ignition(electrical portion) switch dropping voltage and in fact, had one do it today on me...

DH22G, thats because who ever is working on it, isn't smart enough to figure anything out, and contacts TAC and the first thing out of there mouths "does the vehicle have any aftermarket stuff' I do feel your pain as I do run across aftermarket stuff(granted rarely) causing issues..
Old 03-21-2005, 12:38 PM
Hummer Professional

Hummertech is off the scale

Ignition switch issues causing a trans problem will give you a service engine soon light, and
cause you to start up in 3rd gear when it is acting up. If you lost 2nd and 4th, it burned up the 2-4 band. There is a PI bulletin on this. They will probably rebuild it, with a new updated design input housing.