H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-25-2003, 02:58 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

On one occasion this guy pulled up to me in his VW Golf and yelled out what a loser I was.

He was with his girlfriend and I locked eyes with her, intentionally ignoring him, JUST staring at her.

This infuriated him to the point where he yelled at her asking why she was looking at me. It was a very long red light and we just kept staring at each other.

The light turned green and he sped off. But since it was a Golf, I had no problem staying beside them all the time stealing glances at her. She was grinning at this point. I took the next turn and never saw her again.

Satisfaction and a stiff rod to boot.

My Video Collectionez

Old 11-25-2003, 03:02 AM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Dennis,

You da man!!

On Friday the road coming out of Big Bear was closed for 45 minutes for some reason. I had just pulled off the trail onto the pavement to have some chic sit there and not let me in. She thought it was funny and so did her boyfriend; that is until I got out, rested my arms on her window, and kindly asked her to move up so I could fit in. She said "Oh I thought you were trying to be a jerk". Her wiggly armed little boyfriend had nothing to say. I love calling people's bluffs.
Old 11-25-2003, 03:16 AM

H2 Daddy is off the scale

I have a good story for all of you. Today I was with my wife and we were driving down a side street in my city. I was going about 25 mph on a 30 mph road. Some guy backs out of a driveway in a Dodge Neon with primer on it. He parks in front of the house he just came from. As he was backing out I drove past him and he looks at me and gives me the finger. I look at my wife and she looks at me in disbelief. I hit the brakes and back up next to his car and roll down my window. The pussy pretends he doesn't notice a H2 in the middle of the street parked next to him. He won't look at me. He finally looks at me and I motion to him to roll down his window. He gets out and I ask him what I did to offend him. He doesn't answer, so I ask him why he flip me off and he won't answer and starts to walk away. I ask the question again but this time a lot louder. He keeps walking. I yell, "you Jackass". He just keeps walking. The best part was his wife was standing in the garage and heard me call him a jackass. So I am sure he had to explain to her why he flipped someone off for no reason at all. Not only is he a Jackass, but he is also a dumbass because since he did this in front of his own house, I know where he lives.
Old 11-25-2003, 04:33 AM
Hummer Expert

RasterMaster is an unknown quantity at this point

Mostly I get retired folks asking me about my H2 these days. All I get from people who approach me are all positive. Only negatives were cowards with finger gestures. I have got many thumbs up from all sorts of people - even a biker here and there.

Only times I have been flipped off....twice within a month of each other. Both were older model Jap cars spewing bluish-black exhaust, go figure. Both were driven by long-haired hippie type wannabe's (too young and grungy). However, I did notice that one did have a nice spray-painted body that could easily be spotted for future reference. Not too many cars like that sporting a Wal-mart paint-job!

It's a wonder the other of the two could even see me through the spider-web crack across the windshield.

Check out the OkC Chapter Page!
Old 11-25-2003, 08:43 PM

Frank Hewitt is off the scale

I love my Hummer. It is pretty big, I'm aware, but that is irrelevant to the reasons that I love it so much. Today I reallized while I was merging into the other lane in a 30mph zone and the japanese car next to me didn't want to let me in, that you just drift on over, and they have no choise but to let you in. I hate using my "size card" to deal with these people.... but hey, it's a good hand! I hate Hummer-haters. I think that there are many pathetic cars on the road, but I'm not an ******* to them! What's the deal? I can only come up with envy and ignorance as their causes. Don't like my Hummer? Don't buy one.... HEY, there is a suzuki samuri for sale!!! go get it dude!

gasman
Old 11-26-2003, 04:04 PM
Hummer Veteran

BIGT is off the scale

This has happened to me quite a few times over the last year and a half. The funny thing is that I can tell when it is comming. Just look at the other vehicle. It's either some jacked-up pick-up or jeep, some eco piece of $hit, or a rice burner import. Tell me, when was the last time you were flipped off by a BMW, Cadillac, Mercedes, Lincoln, Porsche, or Lexus? Just goes to show you the type of people they are.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong. But I don't think so.
Old 11-26-2003, 04:17 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Size does matter, period.

I personally don't care one bit what others think of my Hummer, whether they like it or hate it, that is not my business and not my problem. I don't hate or love others who hate or love my Hummer, what I wear or what I say. I don't care if they like me or not, and I don't care what they drive and what they believe in. Tiny Japanese cars or S600, they and their cars are totally irrelevant to me and to my universe. I am The One therefore I am. Consequently, I have no problem whatsoever with Hummer haters, if any.
Old 11-26-2003, 04:19 PM

Erod is off the scale

So I guess after readying all of your reply's I realize I'm not the only one getting the finger and getting called a drug dealer. Yes I am still to young to drive an expensive vehicle, but what people dont know is that I bust my ass off working 40+ hours a week so I can afford my toys. I been flipped several times, but every time they manage to get away, too bad becuase the H2 is a big vehicle for Big drivers that dont take Sh*t from anyone.

Erick

2003 Black H2 (SOLD)

2005 Black SUT
Old 11-26-2003, 04:29 PM
Hummer Veteran

BIGT is off the scale

Mac,

You are right. It bothered me in the past, but I have gotten over it. Like I said, I just look at what they are driving, and smile!

Happy turkey day!
Old 11-26-2003, 04:49 PM
Hummer Veteran

Bayou H2 is off the scale

I agree with Mac’s statement.I did not purchase my Hummer to appease others; I purchased it solely to make myself content. For that reason, I could give a big rats ass what others think about my vehicle or me.

'03 White H2 Lux Package
Old 11-26-2003, 04:59 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a great day. While getting coffee I was approached about the H2. I said go ahead, look inside, it's open. He had never seen the interior and loved it.
While gassing up almost the identical thing happened and then on the way home alittle while ago I got a thumbs up from a seasoned citizen in a Chevy p/u.
A couple of pleasant stares from some hotties in the Target parking lot and life is good in Hummerville.

Black Lingenfelter Lux
Old 11-26-2003, 09:31 PM

KMAzz is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Erod:
So I guess after readying all of your reply's I realize I'm not the only one getting the finger and getting called a drug dealer. Yes I am still to young to drive an expensive vehicle, but what people dont know is that I bust my ass off working 40+ hours a week so I can afford my toys. I been flipped several times, but every time they manage to get away, too bad becuase the H2 is a big vehicle for Big drivers that dont take Sh*t from anyone.

Erick<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've gotten the "what are you a drug dealer" before.. Joking I reply with "no CARTEL...get it right".... Ah well

And no haters that I know of so far.

2003 Yellow H2
1993 Ford Probe GT(SHOW CAR)

Old 11-26-2003, 09:37 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Looks like we are all sitting here the day before Thanksgiving not wanting to work.

“I am The One therefore I am.” That does not mean I am The One and you are not The One. It is a state of mind, of confidence not arrogance. I am The One, you can be The One, she can be The One, heck, if you got a room full of confident people, you got a room full of The Ones. You don’t need to be rich or powerful to be The One. You can be a private in the Army or flipping burger. It is about that inner core of self-confidence and character, you don’t sway in the wind of current public opinion, you don’t change your mind just because a bully says so, you don’t start questioning yourself or apologize for your choices just because a stranger flip a finger at you, furthermore you don’t even get upset or into a spitting contest if someone who make fun of you or your Hummer.

There was an interview with Michael Douglas, asking him how does he play the President of the United States of America? He said you have to believe you are the President of the United States of America. You have to train your mind to believe in it first, after it sinks in, you think you are therefore you are.

In time, that kind of core confidence shows on your face and in your body language, when you walk into the room, “The Force” is with you. That kind of Force makes a difference in everything you do and how others react to you, thus there are individual(s) in every group of people whom others listen to, from as simple “where should we go, “what should we watch” to bigger issues.

I recall the first Star War movie. ObiWan said to the Imperial Trooper, “you don’t need to check his paper.” the trooper said to his fellow troopers, “we don’t need to check his paper.” That is really true, stronger mind influences weaker minds, by words, by action or by mere presence.

Hummer is exactly The One Vehicle for such person.
Old 11-26-2003, 09:49 PM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

I hear these stories and have been waiting for a negative incident. None yet and in fact nothing but big smiles, waves, even cheers. I didn't anticipate the positive attention actually.

Best was driving up the Palisades Parkway in NJ one Saturday when a bunch of college girls in a minivan wouldn't leave my side. The cute girl riding shotgun kept saying nice car asking me to pull over. Too bad there wasn't someplace I had to be.
Old 11-27-2003, 07:06 AM

Born again is off the scale

From the sound of things, I guess I should prepare to be hated. I feel that I have to pray for a positive resolution to the anger displayed by the haters. I am truly sorry they are having such a bad time with their lives that they must pass the time by showing dislike for the vehicle choices of others. It pleases me that there are a lot of H2 owners in this forum who are completely satisfied with their choice of vehicle and the reasons behind that choice. I wanted a Hummer H2 from the first time I saw the TV commercial but I waited until I was sure it was love and not infatuation. I know that my '04 H2 (when I pick it up in two days) will give me everything I want and need for me and my family: room, comfort, safety, convenience, power, versatility, deep snow mobility, and it's just plain fun to drive (and economical now that my tax attorney advised me about the tax deduction of up to $100K for capital equipment purchases over 6,000lb GVW). My previous vehicle was an Excursion so I know that some ego-ecologists won't approve of my choice, but the good thing is, I didn't need permission from any of them to go to the dealer and pick one out. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff and I have worked too hard for too long to let some unhappy soul try to use negative tactics to rent me a room in their house of despair.
I pray for an end to the suffering and misery of those whose hobby is to hate. As for me, if they want to find me, I'll be cruisin' in the Pocono Mountains with my three sons spending some of my ahort time left and hard earned dollars enjoying what God has blessed me with. And I'll do it "as long as God is willing and the creek don't rise"...Oh, that's right I'll be in my H2 so let the creek rise if it wants to..."as long as God is willing" is the only part of that saying that is valid for me now. God bless all!