H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 08-05-2005, 01:48 AM
Hummer Veteran

bender is off the scale

LOL

i have not said that in years when i had my M3 i used to watch the forecast and worry about getting to work if there was going to be a few inches of snow. i couldn't even take my car skiing (and i have been skiing since i was like 5yo). now i sit here just waiting for snow!!! LOL

sorry, random thought of the night.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:48 AM
Hummer Veteran

bender is off the scale

LOL

i have not said that in years when i had my M3 i used to watch the forecast and worry about getting to work if there was going to be a few inches of snow. i couldn't even take my car skiing (and i have been skiing since i was like 5yo). now i sit here just waiting for snow!!! LOL

sorry, random thought of the night.
Old 08-05-2005, 05:16 AM

S2KtoH3 is off the scale

I'm just as excited as you are. You think an M3 is bad in the snow, try an S2000 Atleast you had some form of electronic traction control. The only form of traction I had were chains. Even then though, I wouldn't drive it if the roads were icy. It would still be all over the place. I've driven it through unplowed roads with a couple or so inches of snow on it and it did better than on the ice. I just hope when I have the H3 this winter I don't become one of those typical SUV soccer-mom drivers that go 80 on an icy highway just because I feel confident with my AWD.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:38 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

I was up on Breckenridge yesterday morning. We got our first dusting. WHOOOHOOO. Aug. and getting some snow already. Pray to the snow gods.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:47 AM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
I was up on Breckenridge yesterday morning. We got our first dusting. WHOOOHOOO. Aug. and getting some snow already. Pray to the snow gods. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn it, you are making jealous. I miss spending time there. Used to go to Breckenridge for a week or two in the summer and a week in the winter every year. You lucky SOB

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 08-05-2005, 12:17 PM
Hummer Veteran

CLAYDOG is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by S2KtoH3:
I just hope when I have the H3 this winter I don't become one of those typical SUV soccer-mom drivers that go 80 on an icy highway just because I feel confident with my AWD. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AWD helps a ton with handling, acceleration, and snow of any depth, but on ice it's still just 4 contact patches to get you stopped.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:29 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there anything that is street legal that does well on ice?

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 08-05-2005, 06:26 PM

S2KtoH3 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CLAYDOG:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by S2KtoH3:
I just hope when I have the H3 this winter I don't become one of those typical SUV soccer-mom drivers that go 80 on an icy highway just because I feel confident with my AWD. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AWD helps a ton with handling, acceleration, and snow of any depth, but on ice it's still just 4 contact patches to get you stopped. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wish I could tell that to all the gapers that literally BLAZE past me during a storm on the way home from the slopes.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:30 PM

S2KtoH3 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
I was up on Breckenridge yesterday morning. We got our first dusting. WHOOOHOOO. Aug. and getting some snow already. Pray to the snow gods. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats awesome. Hopefully that is a sign that Colorado will have a better start to the season this year. I went to Loveland the day it opened last season. It was awesome knowing that I was snowboarding in the middle of October when NOTHING else was open yet.