H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 07-22-2005, 02:56 AM

clydecpa is off the scale

How is the road noise on the adventure package H3's, especially driving above 60 mph? Noisier than the non-adv? I was curious as to how noisy the 33" tires were at speed. Any difference in handling between the two?
Old 07-22-2005, 02:56 AM

clydecpa is off the scale

How is the road noise on the adventure package H3's, especially driving above 60 mph? Noisier than the non-adv? I was curious as to how noisy the 33" tires were at speed. Any difference in handling between the two?
Old 07-22-2005, 03:19 AM

skeeter is off the scale

I don't think they are noisy at all. I realy expected them to be. I can't compare them to the 32s. I own an 03 HD2500 Cherolet truck as well, and I feel the overall ride is better in my H3.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:06 PM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Guy is off the scale

I'm in and out of both all day and I don't notice a difference at all...however, there was someone on here who got rid of them because of noise -- At the dealer, just ask to drive both and see if you can tell. W/ even just a little extra noise, I think the larger tires look a lot better...

http://www.hummerguy.net
Old 07-23-2005, 03:08 PM
Hummer Professional

killian is off the scale

I have no noise problem with my 33s doing 60 or even 90. I did, however, get a noticeable increase in wind noise when I added my roof mounted marker lights.
Old 07-23-2005, 03:58 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

I drove both before I bought mine. I liked the Adventure Package, and noticed very little difference in the noise from the tires, even at highway speeds. I did notice the Adventure rode a little firmer, but nothing like in the Jeep Wranlger, Jeep Rubicon, or Isuzu Vehicross firmness category, or something you couldn't live with as a pavement driver. The locking axle is nice to have and the bigger tires do look good, although to my butt the non Adventure seemed to be a smoother pavement ride, if ride is top in your importance.
I'm sure someone here knows technically if they just use the special shocks, or an extra leaf in the back, or higher spring rates or all three with the Adventure package.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:36 PM
Hummer Expert

First Hummer is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by killian:
I have no noise problem with my 33s doing 60 or even 90. I did, however, get a noticeable increase in wind noise when I added my roof mounted marker lights. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am glad you said that Killian,because I noticed the same thing after my maker lights got installed.I think maybe an aftermarket bug shield might help change the angle of the wind going over H3.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:22 PM

firm is off the scale

I have the adv pkg, and just finished a trip. I've noticed the road noise is increasing the more I drive it, especially above 65mph. I was amazed at how quiet it was at 70-80mph when I first got it, now I am having to crank the radio up.
Old 07-24-2005, 12:14 AM

Jersey Guy is off the scale

My Adventure package is quiet and handles awesome but you guys are right sometimes I hear wind noise coming from my roof marker lights I think the wind is getting under the light bracket causing it to vibrate lets hope this doesn't become a problem im going to let the dealer know just to make a report because i believe something has to be done about this,Hummer will get enough complaints and eventually have to come up with a solution everything else is awesome especially the Monsoon system.
Old 07-24-2005, 02:13 PM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jersey Guy:
My Adventure package is quiet and handles awesome but you guys are right sometimes I hear wind noise coming from my roof marker lights I think the wind is getting under the light bracket causing it to vibrate lets hope this doesn't become a problem im going to let the dealer know just to make a report because i believe something has to be done about this,Hummer will get enough complaints and eventually have to come up with a solution everything else is awesome especially the Monsoon system. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was thinking what if you put a beed of silcone on both sides of maker lights would that help.
Old 07-24-2005, 02:22 PM

I will ask the dealer I'm going there Monday good idea First
Old 07-24-2005, 02:34 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jersey Guy:
My Adventure package is quiet and handles awesome but you guys are right sometimes I hear wind noise coming from my roof marker lights I think the wind is getting under the light bracket causing it to vibrate lets hope this doesn't become a problem im going to let the dealer know just to make a report because i believe something has to be done about this,Hummer will get enough complaints and eventually have to come up with a solution everything else is awesome especially the Monsoon system. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have noticed this same thing in H2s.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 07-25-2005, 08:18 PM

seen the dealer today about the marker lights told them the install was beautiful but i am hearing noise vibration from the lights they had nothing to tell me but check back hear and there to see if gm offers any fix but in the mean time got to deal with it there is no fix right now wont hurt the truck or lights just have to deal with the noise for now they didnt recomend any silacone but if i dont hear anything soon i just might use some
Old 07-25-2005, 09:24 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

They did install the seal correctly? It goes over the front lip of the lights. Just curious.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:47 AM

ill check in the day tomorrow
Old 07-26-2005, 05:23 AM

qt_hummer is off the scale

not loud at all for me
Old 07-26-2005, 01:15 PM
Hummer Veteran

FormerJeeper is off the scale

Get the Adventure package.

Mine rides great and I travel 100 miles a day on the freeway. No noise at all even up to 80mph.

The best part of the Adventure package is the 4:1 reduced transfer case.
If you don't like the ride, you can change the tires or swap them with someone later.
Adding a 4:1 later is not really an option

-C
Old 07-27-2005, 11:14 AM

jkH1+H2=H3 is off the scale

I love the Wheels 33's when you get up in the 60's mph, The sound is cool, u know its a Hummer. Also with the suspension adventure pack I luv the hip hopping the suspension gives, I road the Lux pack and felt it was to plush for my taste. can't wait to off road!!
Old 07-27-2005, 09:28 PM

f5fStop here is it done right wind gets under here sometimes and makes a loud vibrating noise i am applying some strong pressure to get this up
Old 07-27-2005, 10:09 PM
Hummer Expert

f5fStop here is it done right wind gets under here sometimes and makes a loud vibrating noise i am applying some strong pressure to get this up
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What if you put a piece of duck tape along the front just to see if that takes care of noise.
Mine has the same gap and same noise.

I went out tonight and put a piece of tape over the gap and the noise went away,so it sounds like to me that they need to do something about the marker lights.