H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-19-2003, 11:40 PM
Hummer Veteran

Perspec is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's the scenario. I'm driving along and the cd player changes over to the next disc in the changer. The info window lights up with "Initializing" and it keeps trying to load. After several tries, it finally goes blank. Now the changer is frozen. Won't play, go to next cd or eject any cds. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 12-19-2003, 11:40 PM
Hummer Veteran

Here's the scenario. I'm driving along and the cd player changes over to the next disc in the changer. The info window lights up with "Initializing" and it keeps trying to load. After several tries, it finally goes blank. Now the changer is frozen. Won't play, go to next cd or eject any cds. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 12-19-2003, 11:49 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Call your service department. That's a new one. And shouldn't this be under Technical?
Old 12-20-2003, 12:06 AM
Hummer Veteran

Yea, I guess I should have. Sorry about that. Didn't even think of putting it under technical. I just thought there might be someone else that has experienced this problem and more people look at this section. I was hoping for a quick fix since we are heading out of town next week. I wonder how quickly they can replace a unit if it is serious?
Old 12-20-2003, 01:40 AM

Kevin B is off the scale

Perspec, did you burn the cd's or are they ones you have bought. Sometimes "home made" cd's can cause problems.

DRTY- if you dont like it here dont post to it........
Old 12-20-2003, 02:49 AM

FrgMstr is off the scale

My CD did the same thing, it just quit working and decided that there were no cds in it, or at least that is what it said.

Took it to the dealer, they replaced the whole thing. Still have not gotten my six CDs back, but they promised them in 6 to 8 weeks. If they could not extract them in usable condition they said they would reimburse me.

They did suggest resetting the head unit by removing the fuse that is in the box under the hood for several minutes then replacing it. After that, they had no suggestions.

My job: http://www.HardOCP.com
Old 12-20-2003, 05:29 AM

crash is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by N2ITNSD:
Perspec, did you burn the cd's or are they ones you have bought. Sometimes "home made" cd's can cause problems.

DRTY- if you dont like it here dont post to it........ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, odd, we have never had an issue with burnt CD's. This is the first I have heard of a CD player failure, its usually in the trailblazers we have problems with, but they also came out before the ones in the H2's.. But of course, there is always a first time for anything to fail...

certified H2 tech. troll
Old 12-20-2003, 06:36 AM
Hummer Veteran

It is disc 3 that is giving me problems and I can't remember whether it is a mfg cd or burnt. I'm pretty sure it's burnt. I wondered myself if that had anything to do with it because it keeps trying to "Initialize". They've always played fine up until this point, though. You would think if it didn't like a particular cd, it would just spit it out. FrgMstr, I will try the fuse thing, but I have a feeling I'm up the creek! Man, that is scary - 6 to 8 weeks to get your cds back and no guarantee they'll be in one piece!! Ahhh! Well, looks like no Johnny Mathis Christmas on the way to FL!! (I can't wait to see DRTY's) response to that - ha!)

Thanks for the replies, guys, but that makes me cries. Oh why's oh why's? 50k for a ride that plays no music when I drives.

Man, I gotta quit posting at 3:00 am

www.scenictennessee.com
Old 12-20-2003, 03:37 PM

crash is off the scale

Perspec, it all depends on who the dealer deals with. We deal with a great company and they have always been able to get the CD's back in a couple days. And it also depends on how the service writer deals with it. You basically have 2 options, they can order in a replacement unit(no down time) or remove yours and send it out(more down time but you usually get the CD's back in a bag with the repaired/replacement unit).. But my suggestion for time, have them make sure they get a replacement there and waiting..

certified H2 tech. troll
Old 12-20-2003, 03:55 PM
Hummer Veteran

Hey Crash, How often do you have to send units off for cd retrieval? Is there a problem with the 6-disc changers?

www.scenictennessee.com
Old 12-20-2003, 05:29 PM

crash is off the scale

Its spiratic, and once in a while (its definately anything we would call a major problem).

certified H2 tech. troll
Old 12-20-2003, 07:08 PM
Hummer Veteran

I would like to get some feedback from others who play "burnt" cds in the 6-disc changer. If you do, how long and how often have you been playing them? Have you had any problems? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

www.scenictennessee.com
Old 12-20-2003, 07:53 PM
Hummer Expert

Texas Red is off the scale

Somer burnt CD's won't play, but that hasn't caused a jam. I found that if a burnt CD plays the first time then your OK. It shouldn't then cause a later problem.
Old 12-20-2003, 08:13 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Perspec,

Do you use stick-on labels on your burned CDs?

Klaus

"God made some men big and some men small, but Sam Colt made them all equal."
Old 12-20-2003, 08:15 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

On 3 or 4 occasions, my Hummer CD player ejected one CD automatically and refused to accept it again. This is solved when I turned off the radio/CD player and reinserted the same CD later when parked. Everytime it happened, I have been playing the same CD again and again, ignoring the other 5 CDs. Not a big issue to me yet. I think the player simply got sick of these 5-6 songs I kept on replaying, and the other 5 CDs got together to kick the teacher's pet out of the classroom. Other than that(which hasn't happen for many weeks,) all is fine with my Hummer CD player.

One of the CD players I have at home is a cheap unit which skips at few spots on few CDs or kept on repeating the same line in a couple songs. But the same CDs in Hummer player have no problem. I know some here think the player and sound are bad/poor, but personally I am very impressed with the Hummer sound system, I have yet to be able to pass the middle range mark on volumn, which is already very loud and I can feel the bass shaking the 4 tons Hummer.
Old 12-20-2003, 08:47 PM

Kevin B is off the scale

MAC *cough* *cough* YOUR Hummer did this???? I thought *cough* yours was the only perfect one made *hack*. (Bugs Bunny voice on) Say it aint so MAC *wheez* . (grabs throat and dies)
Old 12-20-2003, 09:00 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

I read a report once that there are indeed lucky people in this world, 2 things in the report I remembered, No.1 is attitude, No.2 is how some people are better suited to see and grab the opportunities in life. In this case, only number one subject is involved, attitude. With a right attitude, this was never a "problem" to me.

There was a manager making a report at a meeting, he kept on saying he has a problem to tell us, a problem this and that. We thought it was something major, when the report finally came out of his mouth, it was no big deal. I told him, next time, please say "I have an issue to bring to your attention." I don't want to hear the word "problem" from you unless you really have a problem.
Old 12-20-2003, 09:58 PM

Kevin B is off the scale

MAC I never used the word "problem" or "issue", just imperfection
Old 12-20-2003, 10:00 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought the correct word was "Feature".

Klaus

"God made some men big and some men small, but Sam Colt made them all equal."
Old 12-20-2003, 11:35 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

I now avoid playing the same CD repeatedly for long period and no more "issue" with the CD player. Maybe there is some safety failsafe feature, if I played the same CD for an hour, it got too hot and it ejected the disk. Same way if you play with other things too long, it gets hot and .... ej..., well enough said.