H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-27-2003, 03:52 AM

glockman is off the scale

Well, I have been quiet but monitoring the board all along. Anyway, my Hummer got vandalized early Monday morning. Went out at 6:15AM to go to work and there was glass all around the rear end. They got the back glass and left rear (fixed). The force of the implosion pitted the glass on the right side and the right rear door window. Four windows had to be replaced. Still waiting for the replacements for the pitted ones. I am not a happy camper as I am wondering if they will return after it is fixed. Then there is the deductible issue of $500.00. Thank goodness it was not any worse if that is the bright side.
Attached Images

Old 08-27-2003, 03:52 AM

Well, I have been quiet but monitoring the board all along. Anyway, my Hummer got vandalized early Monday morning. Went out at 6:15AM to go to work and there was glass all around the rear end. They got the back glass and left rear (fixed). The force of the implosion pitted the glass on the right side and the right rear door window. Four windows had to be replaced. Still waiting for the replacements for the pitted ones. I am not a happy camper as I am wondering if they will return after it is fixed. Then there is the deductible issue of $500.00. Thank goodness it was not any worse if that is the bright side.
Old 08-27-2003, 05:34 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to see that, Glockman. That really blows!!
Old 08-27-2003, 09:14 AM

SONA is off the scale

Time to load the Glock! and keep the video camera handy...

"Life is tough... tougher if you’re stupid." "Just think, right now, all over the world there are people exercising bad judgment. Somebody, right this minute, is probably making the mistake of his life
\"Life is tough... tougher if you’re stupid.\" \"Just think, right now, all over the world there are people exercising bad judgment. Somebody, right this minute, is probably making the mistake of his life
Old 08-27-2003, 09:40 AM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you tell what they used to break the windows? Bat, rock, gun???

Sorry to see that....

- Dan

-------------------------------------------
SUT on order since 12/02 - 10 months to go!
Old 08-27-2003, 11:45 AM

ICEMAN is off the scale

If items were stolen then it was done by a common criminal..
If nothing was taken just the vandalism..then I bet it was one of those enviromentlist nuts that did it..

Larry
Old 08-27-2003, 02:06 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

I feel sorry for the pathetic loser that did this to your truck. It just happens that the "can't haves" don't likes those that do have and feel a need to raise insurance rates for all of us. Pretty lame

At least it was glass that is easy to replace (but not cheap). My driver rear quarter window was replaced for just under 1k. Don't ask me why it was so much but 2 dealers gave me the same quote. No, I didn't pay for it but the car wash that destroyed it did.

Good Luck!
Old 08-28-2003, 01:14 AM

Don't know what they used to break the glass. No debris or rocks found inside. Nothing taken at all. This was vandalism. A friend of mine lives up the street a few houses and has a white H2 parked out front. They apparently tried to hit it Monday night. I discovered mine that morning. A neighbor heard some knocking outside and saw that two guys were around her H2 and came out. They took off in an old car. Fortunate they were discovered before they could do any damage. These "ELF" people or wannabe's are a misguided, sick bunch of radicals. They sure better hope we never cross paths. That is all that I have to say on the subject but watch your back or H2 I should say. <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dan:
Can you tell what they used to break the windows? Bat, rock, gun???

Sorry to see that....

- Dan

SUT on order since 12/02 - 10 months to go!
-------------------------------------------<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 08-28-2003, 01:33 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Suggest you talk to your insurance agent about changing your comprehensive deductable to $50, the increase in premium is usually only $8 to $15 per 6 month period. There is no benefit to keep a high $500 deductable on your comprehesive coverage. A good insurance agent should've offered/suggested you the change.
Old 08-28-2003, 01:46 AM

Good idea. Thanks for the input. Plan to check it out tomorrow. I have my coverage with the Auto Club. We'll see. <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MAC:
Suggest you talk to your insurance agent about changing your comprehensive deductable to $50, the increase in premium is usually only $8 to $15 per 6 month period. There is no benefit to keep a high $500 deductable on your comprehesive coverage. A good insurance agent should've offered/suggested you the change.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 08-28-2003, 02:08 AM

DiscoDancingRover is off the scale

That sucks man. People are just jealous these days and smoke too much of the pot. BTW MAC where have you been?

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
Old 08-28-2003, 05:14 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Glockman....where the heck have you been???? You are a complete no-show for any and all events. Dude!!!!???

Had you been more active in events, I'd have thrown you a support rally just like we did the dealer....instead you'll have to settle for being heckled over the internet.

Sorry to hear about your windows. Now I feel I got-off easy with just being keyed on one door panel myself. You know what's really pathetic...these fools don't realize:

1) Just about EVERY full-sized pick-up truck made by Dodge, Ford or Chevy has a V8 and gets about the same of less mileage as the H2. My buddies Avalanche gets about 9 mpg! why not attack all the other vehicles too?

2) We all have insurance, in the end....all their vandalism does is raise the overall cost of insurance for everybody...and who gets hurt the most....the little guy who is just on the margin...which is likely themselves! So the little guy gets hurt by not having insurance of just drives un-insured as we all lose further!

I can't believe it has come to this! Why can't these losers be content to just sit at home and melt in front of television watching their MTV?
Old 08-28-2003, 12:18 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Glockman, when my window was replaced the tech used a pen-sized tool that he placed in the center of the window and simply pushed the button on top (just like a pen). A little piece of metal shoots out and then retracts shattering the window with a very dull thud (no noise). He said this was a very popular tool among auto content ie. radios, cd's etc thieves. The tool is actually part of a snap-on tool kit used to mark engines.
Old 08-28-2003, 09:51 PM

H2HIGH is off the scale

Sorry to hear that about your hummer. The tool they used is a center punch. I cant believe that's happening in Simi Valley. The crime rate is purdy low. I changed what city I lived in on my profile. You never know if the Idiots are looking on our site. I even raised my insurance to cover all my mods I have done just in case they find mine. But believe me , my arsenal is Locked and Loaded,with night vision.

Rudy
03 yellow with 14 inch BulletProof Suspension 44inch SuperSwapper Boggers. Kodiac fold down steps, full chrome undercarriage, Painted trim. Billet Hood handles,floor inserts,hood latches,air vent. 4 tv monitors in headrests and in visor, DVD player, TV Tuner. More mods to come.
03 yellow with 14 inch BulletProof Suspension 44inch SuperSwapper Boggers. Kodiac fold down steps, full chrome undercarriage, Painted trim. Billet Hood handles,floor inserts,hood latches,air vent. 4 tv monitors in headrests and in visor, DVD p
Old 08-29-2003, 02:53 AM

HeeHaw is off the scale

Glockman, I'm pissed that this happened to you. Get it fixed and move on and hopefully it won't happen again.

I know it isn't much, but try to find strengh in the fact that this ******* will get what is coming to him soon....that is if he is not caught and beaten to near death.......ha ha

Terry

HeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwww
Old 08-29-2003, 06:33 AM
Hummer Professional

DURAMAX TIM is off the scale

High,
What are u worried about, they can't reach your windows w/o a ladder
My wife is afraid to drive the H2 in town when she subs in the city schools (they keyed her Tahoe) so she wants to drive my truck and let me drive the H2.
Ex H2&3 owner
My hiking boots and canoe paddle have more miles than most 'offroad' vehicles, over 350 in last year.
Old 08-29-2003, 02:45 PM

H2HIGH is off the scale

Duramax: Well at least I'll be able to catch them if they try, by the time they come down the ladder I'll be there.

Rudy
03 yellow with 14 inch BulletProof Suspension 44inch SuperSwapper Boggers. Kodiac fold down steps, full chrome undercarriage, Painted trim. Billet Hood handles,floor inserts,hood latches,air vent. 4 tv monitors in headrests and in visor, DVD player, TV Tuner. More mods to come.
03 yellow with 14 inch BulletProof Suspension 44inch SuperSwapper Boggers. Kodiac fold down steps, full chrome undercarriage, Painted trim. Billet Hood handles,floor inserts,hood latches,air vent. 4 tv monitors in headrests and in visor, DVD p
Old 08-30-2003, 03:59 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Chris: "BTW MAC where have you been?"

Chris, Didn't get a chance to visit forum and saw your question until now.
We went on last of summer family vacation, as many parents do before the schools started. Then business travels, work piled up upon returned, elevated/increased business/professional activities and responsibilities, took over control of something big, schools started, meetings, parties, Bar Mitzvah and visitors, all in all, just lost the free time and attachment to the forum. I still visit H2 forum briefly every few days, but need to emotionally reconnect to make posts here.

But, I'll be back.
Old 08-30-2003, 08:52 PM

argonaut is off the scale

I sure hope so MAC. I was getting worried with out your comments spicing up the discussion and getting all tangential on us. Good to here from you man. It was starting to get serious around here. sad...

'03 H2 Sunset Orange No mods
'03 BMW M3 Convertible
'02 BMW M5