H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 09-01-2005, 12:56 PM

Jerry8989 is off the scale

Hello All,
I'm about to go take a look at a H3 at my local Hummer dealership. What I wanted to know is what I should be paying on a H3 lease fully loaded with the employee discount on a 2 year lease. 12K miles a year. Second question is how does everyone like thier H3? I have an explorer now how much are the differences in the ride?

Thank You
Old 09-01-2005, 12:56 PM

Hello All,
I'm about to go take a look at a H3 at my local Hummer dealership. What I wanted to know is what I should be paying on a H3 lease fully loaded with the employee discount on a 2 year lease. 12K miles a year. Second question is how does everyone like thier H3? I have an explorer now how much are the differences in the ride?

Thank You
Old 09-01-2005, 01:58 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you talking about the employee pricing discount promotion that is going on? If so, that is not available on the H3 because it is an '06 and the program is only available on the '05s. As far as lease rates go, the best I have heard of was about $425-$450 on a 24/12K lease and as I recall that was with about $1,200 total due at signing. 36 month leases are way out of line in mine opinion. Let us know what you find out.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 09-01-2005, 02:11 PM

I work for GM so I get the discount through that as well. I'm not sure how much if any there is on the H3. $425-$450 sounds pretty good. I hope I can do it with zero down. I hope to get the fully loaded one at that price. I will let everyone know after I speak to them tonight. It all hinges on them buying me out of my explorer lease. I have a explorer lease 2003 with only 24K miles so far and the lease is up in January. The only problem is that I paid for 15K miles a year so i'm supposed to be at 45K by January. I wish they would pay me back 15 cents a mile like they jack everyone else.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:51 PM
Hummer Guru

Figured that you worked for GM but wasn't sure since you currently drive a Ford. As I recall, the one that was $425-$450 had a sticker at around $33K. There have been several that were quoted $550 to over $600 a month on 36 month leases which I think is ridiculous. A buddy of mine leases a $60K Lux H2 for $600 a month and they want that for a H3. The $1,200 down was the usual stuff you have to pay and the beginning of a lease and wasn't a down payment per say. Good luck and let us know what you find out.

Old 09-01-2005, 06:43 PM
Hummer Professional

oneworld is off the scale

I got shafted at $559.00 per month 2400 down, on 36 months no employee dis > have lux and adv pac sticker price was 36045.00 yes I feel the vaslonie running down leg But I ordered with out pricing and thats what the dealer wanted when they came in, they are feasting in NJ on you if you want an H3 > this thing should lease for under $500 per month with 0 down,

As for the ride it has a bumpy bit to it, but it is awsome to drive and the bumpyness is not realy bad, its not a hop, and only on concrete concentions or sizeable road holes, everything else it smoothes right out.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:31 PM
Hummer Veteran

DWPC is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone post GM money factors and residuals for H3 leases?
Old 09-03-2005, 12:27 AM
Hummer Professional

HumbleAg is off the scale

http://www.gmbuypower.com has a terrific payment estimate tool that will let you compare buying, leasing, and smart buy.
2 year smart buy residual of .73 makes for a pretty good deal, although 8.75% interest rate was best my dealer would do.
Best way to use tool is find a vehicle using inventory search, then use estimate payment under GMAC financing link.
It is pretty fun to go into the dealer with a printout of this info and watch them scramble after their first numbers come back so far off.
Good luck.
Old 09-03-2005, 02:29 AM
Hummer Professional

aggiehummer...er is off the scale

The 8.75% is set by GMAC, nothing we can do about that.
Old 09-03-2005, 03:57 PM
Hummer Professional

Yeah, the dealer I got mine from said the same thing, although they've been advertising a smart buy with 7.75%. He said they have to buy down the rate.

Even after negotiating up on my trade, not getting GMID cost me about $75 a month on my 2 year deal, but now all the neighborhood kids think I'm cool again. A small price to pay.
Old 09-03-2005, 07:31 PM

H3wannabe is off the scale

I will be leasing and I am picking up my truck within the next 2 weeks. It is a lux, auto tranny, and tow package. The retail is $34,650 and I have access to the Supplier Discount which makes it just about an even $32K. My lease will be in the $450-$475/mo range depending on if I go 2 or 3 years. Thats with about $1700 down.

Btw, my dealer keeps mentioning that the new incentives will come out Sept 7th. They are hopeful that their will be deals on the H3 and possibly a better "money factor" for leasing. But who knows...we'll see!

H3wannabe
Old 09-04-2005, 07:40 AM

S2KtoH3 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3wannabe:
I will be leasing and I am picking up my truck within the next 2 weeks. It is a lux, auto tranny, and tow package. The retail is $34,650 and I have access to the Supplier Discount which makes it just about an even $32K. My lease will be in the $450-$475/mo range depending on if I go 2 or 3 years. Thats with about $1700 down.

Btw, my dealer keeps mentioning that the new incentives will come out Sept 7th. They are hopeful that their will be deals on the H3 and possibly a better "money factor" for leasing. But who knows...we'll see!

H3wannabe </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If GM did offer an incentive on the H3, would we be able to use a GMID in addition to the incentive to further the discount? Thanks.
Old 09-04-2005, 08:44 AM

H3wannabe is off the scale

[/quote]

If GM did offer an incentive on the H3, would we be able to use a GMID in addition to the incentive to further the discount? Thanks.[/quote]

I am not sure about GMID and other incentives as I don't have access to that discount, but I do know that the Supplier Discount CAN be combined with other current discounts. That leads me to believe that the GMID most likely can be too.

Maybe one of the experts her can verify?

H3wannabe
Old 09-06-2005, 01:53 PM
Hummer Veteran

slgcmg is off the scale

I went to my local hummer dealer and price one that had a sticker of about $35K. They were going to charge me $647 a month for 36 months and 15K miles per year with nothing out of pocket. I laughed as I was walking away.

The one my wife now wants has a sticker of around 37K. Would 24 month lease be cheaper than a 36 month one? How much would this cost me with about $1200 down?
chromed out
Old 09-06-2005, 02:03 PM
Hummer Professional

Dani is off the scale

The latest quote I received was from 9/1 and it was for a LUX package with a sticker price of 37k. 36 month lease with $2000 down still gave me a ridiculous payment of $625 a month. And that was with 12k miles/yr. I also have GMS. I think you'd be better off to just purchase and not lease.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:58 AM

1COOLH3 is off the scale

I just took delivery of my H3 on Friday and my lease payment is $300- thats with $4300 down and a 24 month/12k year. (I wanted my payment exactly $300). It's an Adventure Series with Sunroof, XM Radio, carpeted floor mats, Step Bars and overhead marker lights. I leased instead of buying because I'm sure there will be a more powerful engine coming out and if that happens resale of these first year H3's will poor. (just my opinion of course)
Old 09-07-2005, 11:15 AM

1COOLH3 is off the scale

I forgot to mention that was with GMS pricing with a MSRP of $35k
Old 09-07-2005, 11:57 AM
Hummer Guru

Cool,

Glad you were able to get the monthly payment where you wanted it. Did you get other options such as auto or anything like that? Haven't priced it out but $35k seems a little high for the options you listed. What color did you get?

Old 09-07-2005, 12:57 PM

1COOLH3 is off the scale

Yes I got the automatic and I forgot about the Trailering Package as well.

I got a black one with black interior.
Attached Images

Old 09-07-2005, 03:04 PM
Hummer Professional

Hey 1COOLH3.

Looks like we had the exact same train of thought on this. I leased mine (actually "smart buy" but same idea) because I think the resale on the first year might drop pretty quick. The two year deals are pretty good due to .73 residual (.72 for 15k miles).

Unfortunately, my dealer wouldn't do GMID, so my payment is a bit higher than yours. I also got 20k miles per year (Texas is a big state).

The money doesn't matter, it is worth it!