H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 05-18-2005, 04:49 AM
Banned

tower is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't mean anything, I am faithfully posting Brian's letter to me. But to clarify, if you imagine an H2 in a steep sided bowl, with its front and rear tires equally very close to the rim of the bowl, you get the idea. Clearly, if you don't keep your momentum (inertia) up as you navigate the inner circumference of the bowl, you fall.

OUCH!
Old 05-18-2005, 04:51 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Was it an H2 or an H1?

My Video Collectionez

Old 05-18-2005, 04:57 AM
Banned

Sadly,an H2.
Sage Green, if memory serves.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:24 AM

Mully is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by h2co-pilot:
Alldunn,

You could try the place Ken mentioned earlier, Corolla- my family had a beach home out there and plenty of back roads and fun stuff - just don't hit the wild horses.

It is a long drive though. If your heading toward Hatteras...there is a 4x4 area on the beach or used to be right before the Oregon Inlet bridge. It is flat but wide and has fun ruts.

If you surf, I recommend checking the Kitty Hawk Pier, Rodanthe Pier or the Hatteras Lighthouse area. It should be a fun time love that place!

Surf Report:
http://www.surfline.com/surfline/livecams/getsurfmapsurfbreakreport.cfm?alias=capehatterasca m </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow! Girl knows her stuff. I went to high school in Newport News and graduated from Old Dominion in 91. We used to surf down there all the time. Boy, I bet that place has sure changed.

Hey Ken, can you drive from Kitty Hawk to Chesapeak along the beach? I can't remember if I used to want to do that and just didn't or couldn't for some reason. Military installation along the way maybe???
Old 05-19-2005, 03:41 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Back Bay Wild Life Refuge is in the way starting at the VA line. Very rarely can you get through there.

The fastest way to get from Chesapeake to Corolla is by boat. I have relatives with a place down there and from their offices in GB it's about an hour including drive time. By car your looking at well over 2.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:03 AM
Banned

Here's the latest I have on the H2 rollover at Oceano Dunes:

"Posted May 18, 2005 09:25 PM

Unfortunately our Friend Jeff B did ... but just so everyone knows He, his lovely wife and daughter were not seriously hurt , Just bruised and a little nervous . The rig apparently landed on the roof and had to be "righted" and all 4 tires lost the bead . But Jeff had a compressor and after 2 hours they had all four tires inflated. Jeff drove it home and said it drove great and he had an appt with the body shop already set up on Monday. He said the roof was dented in and some damage on the doors, front window and passenger window."

Bad news, Dennis, Drty & Alec. I heard it was pewter.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:21 AM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tower:

OMG, I just heard back from Brian about the "rumor" regarding someone rolling their truck. I'm sorry to report that he replied as follows:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">From Brian's letter:
Oh no, it was no rumor. The guy that had his steering pump break on Saturday went back out Sunday and rolled it 3 times. I think it is totaled but he thinks it can be repaired. He drove it home but one of the H1 guys saw it on the highway and said it was super tweaked. The rear end looked as if it was not tracking down the road correctly. A shame for sure.

I spoke with him and all I can deduct is that his inexperience contributed to the accident. He was running the bowls (something only an experienced driver should be attempting) and hit some rough bumps mid-dune and slowed down to a stop with the side of his truck facing horizontal to the dune (that is a near guaranteed roll maneuver). His down hill tires slid downward, dug in, and the truck rolled down resting on its roof. They winched it back to its tires. All the tires were flat. They reseated the beads and drove it off the beach.

I have a photo but he has asked me not to send it out until the insurance issue gets resolved. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't recall the drivers name, but I believe he is from south Orange County. I'll post photos if and when I get them and permission to post. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here's the latest I have on the H2 rollover at Oceano Dunes:

"Posted May 18, 2005 09:25 PM

Unfortunately our Friend Jeff B did ... but just so everyone knows He, his lovely wife and daughter were not seriously hurt , Just bruised and a little nervous . The rig apparently landed on the roof and had to be "righted" and all 4 tires lost the bead . But Jeff had a compressor and after 2 hours they had all four tires inflated. Jeff drove it home and said it drove great and he had an appt with the body shop already set up on Monday. He said the roof was dented in and some damage on the doors, front window and passenger window."

Bad news, Dennis, Drty & Alec. I heard it was pewter.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:05 PM
Hummer Veteran

Gadget is off the scale

He was trying to run the bowls like I was doing on Saturday. Except that I was skilled and doing it in an H1! As long as his wife and kid are OK and she let's him get a new Hummer things will be OK.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:17 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Tower,

That was just plain wrong of you to say that.

My Video Collectionez

Old 05-19-2005, 01:36 PM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tower:
Bad news, Dennis, Drty & Alec. I heard it was pooter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fixed.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:06 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Bad news, Dennis, Drty & Alec. I heard it was pewter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Must have been his second choice. Pewter H2s are smart, they know this stuff.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:59 PM
Banned

Of course they do.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:28 PM
Hummer Veteran

ATRH2 is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ATRH2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alldunn:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ATRH2:
Speaking of Dunes,
I'm going to be in the Outer Banks this summer.
Anybody know where or if you can run on the
dunes and beaches?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am actually going to the OBX this Thursday to do some wheeling. It's about a 6 hour drive for me. The only place open this time of year is Cape Hatteras National Seashore in Buxton, NC. They're not any dunes there I don't think, but there is a nice open area of soft sand. I will take pics and post when I get back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll look forward to seing the pics. Looking at places online, seems most our closed in summer.
I'll try Corolla as Ken suggested. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Just follow the directions. The road ends, you turn right to the beach and head up the "Beach Road". As I said before, it's always open. No gate. It's the only way some people can get to their homes. And there's a bunch. Take a rod and reel too. There's sure to be folks fishing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Couple of pics from the video we took.
Sand was pretty loose and deep away from the water. But didn't have any problem.
**Note the stuck white jeep
Attached Images

Old 07-25-2005, 06:30 PM
Hummer Veteran

Attached Images

Old 07-25-2005, 06:31 PM
Hummer Veteran

Attached Images

Old 07-25-2005, 06:31 PM
Hummer Veteran