H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 08-17-2005, 01:47 PM

km406 is off the scale

What are you people doing with the metal part of the bumpers...the part below the plastic? Are you applying wax to that too? Curious to see how it responds to wax.

km406
Old 08-17-2005, 06:31 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mannytranny:
I can't believe no one here has ever used a product called "REJEX". It is the greatest for wheels and getting bugs not to stick so bad and is just great for the entire car.
A bottle goes a long way. I have it on both of my vehicles and will be using it on my new H3 as soon as I get one. It lasts on my vehicles for about 4 months.It is so easy to apply. It can be found at http://www.x-autoproducts.com/pages/product_rejex.htm You can read all about it but I can tell you first hand it works! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I have used Rejex, they had a group purchase on the Corvetteforum last year, I thought it was good, did a great job with bugs, I felt it didn't give as much of a shine as Zaino.
The other problem is don't ever apply Rejex on a black vehicle in the sun...they warn you about this, but I didn't listen (or read) and it took forever to get it straigtened out on my black Jeep.
One big advantage of Zaino is you can apply in the brightest sun. But Rejex is good too.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:52 PM

mannytranny is off the scale

Both of my street vehicles are black. I saw this first on the CTS-V forum last year. The instructions tell you to keep it out of the sun directly for so many hours to let it cure. I have applied it at about 6:00 P.M. in shade and let it stay there overnight. Only one car gets the garage. Then I do the other and keep it in the garage the next evening.
After the second light coat the car has a deep shine that lasts and lasts. For the effort that it takes it is well worth it.I have also used it on my (red)'63 Corvette and just carry the name and email address with me to all those that ask about the shine on my cars. Technology works!
Old 08-17-2005, 08:36 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mannytranny:
Both of my street vehicles are black. I saw this first on the CTS-V forum last year. The instructions tell you to keep it out of the sun directly for so many hours to let it cure. I have applied it at about 6:00 P.M. in shade and let it stay there overnight. Only one car gets the garage. Then I do the other and keep it in the garage the next evening.
After the second light coat the car has a deep shine that lasts and lasts. For the effort that it takes it is well worth it.I have also used it on my (red)'63 Corvette and just carry the name and email address with me to all those that ask about the shine on my cars. Technology works! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As I previously mentioned, I failed to read or listen to the instructions (someone actually told me about the sun).
I would say that any of these items mentioned: Zaino, NXT or REJEX are great and will protect the vehicle finish. (I still say NXT smells the best )
Old 08-18-2005, 12:56 AM
Hummer Veteran

MxHonda is off the scale

I am going to try the NXT. I have a stock pile of Menzerna and Klasse for the BMW but have heard great things about the NXT on the BMW forums too.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:57 AM
Hummer Veteran

TimJ is off the scale

Have you guys tried the California Water Blade. I picked one up the other day and used it tonight. I got SCRATCHES!! It is not supposed to scratch!

The only positive thing is that the microfibre drying towels I picked up work AWESOME!! Where have they been all my life!
Old 08-18-2005, 03:01 AM

H3OH is off the scale

Looks like f5fstop and I love the smell!

Glad he could back me up on the nxt gen line. It truly is good stuff!
Old 08-21-2005, 12:52 PM
Hummer Veteran

Black_H3 is off the scale

Tried the Kit wash/wax
Kit Wash/Wax
... not so good. It does ok on the body but makes the wheels all greasy. I am going to try some of the new Meguiar's NXT this week and see how it goes.
Already washed my hummer 3 times in the 2 weeks I have owned it....does this mean I have a problem
Old 08-22-2005, 01:17 PM
Hummer Veteran

TimJ is off the scale

Black_H3,

I have been wasing my black H3 at least three times a week since I got it a month ago...I was also thinking I might have a problem.

Is there a support group we need to start...I.L.W.M.H.T.M.A. (I Love Washing My Hummer Too Much Anonymous)?
Old 08-23-2005, 12:07 AM

Brian200001 is off the scale

No... don't use NXT on your hummer. Its a great "shiner" product but if you are driving a green or black hummer (or whatever new hummer for that matter) its not going to "NOURISH" the paint. Products like NXT and turtle wax, etc. are "Polymer bonding type" waxes.

You do not want to "seal" new paint and inhibit it from breathing.

Paint is much like your Skin. It needs to breathe and it needs moisture. These polymer bonding "shiners" that call themselves waxes are not good for the new paint. They seal the pores - they don't let the paint breathe -- and for dark paint that oxidizes more, these polymers don't add much in the way of oils for nourishment.

USE ZYMOL. --- NO, not the ZYMOL you can get from the local auto store or drug store. That ZYMOL is crap. Go to zymol.com and pick a wax that best fits your color. The wax runs 45-100 bucks. (but there are crazy exotics that run 1,500).

Bottom line, you want a car wax that does NOT SEAL the paint and does NOT BOND without giving oil and nourishment that feeds the paint.

People with Black and Green Hummers, you'll know what I mean when you wax your H3's with something like Zymol and look at the hood. The hood of the car tells all
Old 08-23-2005, 02:17 AM

H3OH is off the scale

Anyone who sells a "Schpritzer Bottle" as a product can kiss my ass.

Only kidding. Is it me, or does Zymol's website suck? Click on bottle to find out more. I'd like to know exactly what it is before I click on it...a ****ing Schpritzer Bottle. LOL!

Our Schpritzer Bottle is the most comfortable sprayer available. The classic flask design is the easiest to grip, spray and place in a pocket during use. Made from clear, recycled PET (soft drink bottles) with a metered, self-siphoning head.

They can self-siphon my head.

"The Classic Flask Design" - can I fill it up with Whiskey? Now we're talking!

Seriously, it sounds like I'm taking my H3 to a damn massage parlor with Zymol. I mean do you think gearheads are going to want to read descriptions like...

Clear is a unique combination of pure tallow, pure coconut essence oil conditioners and lemon extracts to gently clean and care for
your car.

I might as well trim up my H3 like a poodle! It looks like jars of hair gel from Tony & Guy. LOL!

For $45 to $100 for a jar the size of an airline vaseline jar is nuts!

After saying all that, I'm just one mans opinion in a sea of *******s.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:10 AM
Hummer Guru

Brian200001 I can't agree or disagree about NXT, except to say I have used it on my Black Jeep and there has been no problem. However, I will say that I have used Zaino on four cars now over a five year period and have never had a problem with the paint.
I know hundreds of people who drive Vettes and that is the only thing they have used for years, and that includes two paint engineers for GM and one for Ford (yes, Ford employees drive Vettes) that use nothing but Zaino.
I have also seen six to seven year old black/red/and even a green Vette that have only had Zaino applied and no oxidation in the paint, and I will also add these vehicles have always been in AL, TN, GA, and most were not garaged, they were like mine; driven. (Garage queen Corvettes are a different beast altogether.)
I have heard that Zymol is a great product, but I'll continue to use Zaino, with the confidence gained over the years that it will not harm my paint.
I like the idea I can apply in bright sunlight in the middle of summer. Did it all the time on my White Vette in the hot summers of TN, and it always came off easy, lasts forever, and shined like "wow."
Only problem is you can only order it from Zaino bros website, unless there is an independent in the area who sells the product, and it is not cheap.

(I always figured oxidation was caused primarily by UV rays, at least that was what I have been told by the paint experts I have met in my life. I also learned that the best way to beat UV rays is to make sure the polish/wax treatment contained UV inhibitors.)
Old 08-23-2005, 03:41 PM
Hummer Veteran

Black_H3 is off the scale

f5fstop-

Which Zaino products do u use, Z2 or Z3?
Old 08-23-2005, 06:35 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Black_H3:
f5fstop-

Which Zaino products do u use, Z2 or Z3? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Z2, which is safe for clearcoat paint. I believe Z3 is for non-clearcoat paint.
I also use the ZFX additive, versus using Z1.

Now,in the spring when I clay bar the car, I will wash afterward with Dawn liquid dishwashing soap, then apply one coat of Z5 (with ZFX). This removes any possible swirl marks. I then apply a coat of Z2, and maybe the following weekend another coat of Z2.
Then nothing needed until fall, and another two coats of Z2.
What I like about Zaino is that since there are no abrasives, you can apply multiple coats, and it is easy apply, and can be applied in broad daylight at 80+ degree weather. Light cars, not sure if you could do this with a black or very dark cars.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:36 PM

jkH1+H2=H3 is off the scale

I know you guys are going to think Im Crazy, well yes I am.. The Best is with out a doubt , I use Pledge, lemon scented,, interior and works awsome on the chrome accessories.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:59 PM
Hummer Veteran

xburbman is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3OH:
Anyone who sells a "Schpritzer Bottle" as a product can kiss my ass.

Only kidding. Is it me, or does Zymol's website suck? Click on bottle to find out more. I'd like to know exactly what it is before I click on it...a ****ing Schpritzer Bottle. LOL!

Our Schpritzer Bottle is the most comfortable sprayer available. The classic flask design is the easiest to grip, spray and place in a pocket during use. Made from clear, recycled PET (soft drink bottles) with a metered, self-siphoning head.

They can self-siphon my head.

"The Classic Flask Design" - can I fill it up with Whiskey? Now we're talking!

Seriously, it sounds like I'm taking my H3 to a damn massage parlor with Zymol. I mean do you think gearheads are going to want to read descriptions like...

Clear is a unique combination of pure tallow, pure coconut essence oil conditioners and lemon extracts to gently clean and care for
your car.

I might as well trim up my H3 like a poodle! It looks like jars of hair gel from Tony & Guy. LOL!

For $45 to $100 for a jar the size of an airline vaseline jar is nuts!

After saying all that, I'm just one mans opinion in a sea of *******s. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

H3OH, I noticed you have Rubber Mudder mats and Splash Guards along with a Lux Pkg. Do the Mudder mats work pretty well? I plan on using my H3 a bunch down at my deer lease in South Texas yet am concerned about the interior coming in contact with some of the elements down there (mud, blood, beer). My interior is the light tan ltr.+carpet. I've got a game hauler that hooks into the trlr hitch for deer, pigs, etc....but am still a little worried about the interior. Any insight would be appreciated.