H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 08-01-2005, 10:59 PM
Hummer Veteran

GaryW is off the scale

I just purchased and picked up a new H3, Yellow with black leather, sunroof, Lux Package, Off Road Package. Purchased from a local dealer in Louisville, KY. I was the first one they sold an H3 to that used the GMID. I talked them into it over a 2-3 week period.

MSRP 37,639.00
GMID 34,348.89

Savings of $3,290.11 whoo hoooooo

Gary of Louisville, KY
Old 08-01-2005, 10:59 PM
Hummer Veteran

GaryW is off the scale

I just purchased and picked up a new H3, Yellow with black leather, sunroof, Lux Package, Off Road Package. Purchased from a local dealer in Louisville, KY. I was the first one they sold an H3 to that used the GMID. I talked them into it over a 2-3 week period.

MSRP 37,639.00
GMID 34,348.89

Savings of $3,290.11 whoo hoooooo

Gary of Louisville, KY
Old 08-01-2005, 11:50 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Gary and welcome. Post some pics when you get a chance.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 08-02-2005, 12:57 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Gary, did your H3 have H3 embroidered into the front headrests?
Each yellow one I see around here have the H3 embroidered and yellow gauges. Dealer says they come in that way.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:38 AM

Marc H3 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GaryW:
... I was the first one they sold an H3 to that used the GMID. I talked them into it over a 2-3 week period. Gary of Louisville, KY </div></BLOCKQUOTE><span class="ev_code_blue">Hey Gary congrats on your new purchase. You did your homework and even though it took you two to three weeks to get the dealer to take your GMID Certificate it was well worth it!

In NY some dealers where not taking GMS for actual GM employees. I was fortunate enough to find a dealer in WNY area that allowed me to use mine.

That is why a site like ours is so great, you can find out where the best deals are being made! </span>
Attached Images

Old 08-02-2005, 11:04 AM
Hummer Veteran

cmeinck is off the scale

Congratulations on your new H3! I'm researching and considering purchase. I too would hope to use a GMID. I'm located in NY -- Marc, you mentioned you had difficulty and then success. Would you mind sharing which dealers gave you problems and who ultimately "hooked you up".

Thanks to all.
Chris
Black H3 | Lux package | Ebony | Aluminum Crossbows | Chrome Pack | Chrome Tube Steps | Sunroof | Billet Hood Handles | Billet Gas Cap | Rubber Mudder Mats | Mud Flaps | Chrome Mesh Lower Grille Insert | Stainless HUMMER letters | HUMMER Grille Letters | Roof Racks | Roof Marker Lamps | Chrome Door Sills
Old 08-02-2005, 11:46 AM

Marc H3 is off the scale

<span class="ev_code_blue">Syracuse wasn't accepting GMS, Rochester wasn't sure if they would.

Buffalo Hummer was willing to take a few GMS certificates.

THANK YOU BUFFALO HUMMER! </span>
Old 08-02-2005, 01:25 PM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Guy is off the scale

I'm telling you guys a trip to Dallas and drive back in a GMID priced H3 is the way to go..

F5 -- H3 embroidered in the yellow truck headrests? That one is new to me...

http://www.hummerguy.net
Old 08-02-2005, 03:05 PM
Hummer Guru

Three of the yellow hummers at Suburban Hummer, Troy, MI had the H3 embroidered in the headrests, and the salesman stated they came from the factory that way. Now, maybe Suburban had it done, and the salesman doesn't know his *** from a hole in the ground.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:27 PM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Guy is off the scale

probably an idiot salesman...

http://www.hummerguy.net
Old 08-02-2005, 03:35 PM
Hummer Veteran

cmeinck is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">to Dallas and drive back in a GMID priced H3 is the way to go.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, being a Cowboy fan, I could probably plan a nice trip to see my team and pick up a Hummer. That being said, it's just too far from NY. It would be a nice ride though.
Black H3 | Lux package | Ebony | Aluminum Crossbows | Chrome Pack | Chrome Tube Steps | Sunroof | Billet Hood Handles | Billet Gas Cap | Rubber Mudder Mats | Mud Flaps | Chrome Mesh Lower Grille Insert | Stainless HUMMER letters | HUMMER Grille Letters | Roof Racks | Roof Marker Lamps | Chrome Door Sills
Old 08-02-2005, 03:49 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cmeinck:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">to Dallas and drive back in a GMID priced H3 is the way to go.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, being a Cowboy fan, I could probably plan a nice trip to see my team and pick up a Hummer. That being said, it's just too far from NY. It would be a nice ride though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try the four dealers in the Detroit area; Detroit Hummer, Novi Hummer, Suburban Hummer, Friendly Hummer, most have quite a large inventory of H3s. They are also willing to accept GMID, GM Supplier and GM employee plans, since this area is filled with GM employees.

Another area that might work is Buffalo since GM has a large facility in Tonawanda.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:45 PM

Marc H3 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by f5fstop:
Another area that might work is Buffalo since GM has a large facility in Tonawanda. </div></BLOCKQUOTE><span class="ev_code_blue">Buffalo Hummer a great place to buy if you are in NY area ... tell them Marc sent you!

BTW: f5fstop is correct... for those that don't know it we are the only facility (GM Powertrain Tonawanda) that makes the I-5 for our H3's. </span>
Old 08-02-2005, 05:48 PM
Hummer Veteran

GaryW is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
Congrats Gary and welcome. Post some pics when you get a chance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

will do
Old 08-02-2005, 05:50 PM
Hummer Veteran

GaryW is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
Congrats Gary and welcome. Post some pics when you get a chance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nnone of the H3's come from the factory with embroidery. Nor yellow gauges. Those are dealer add on's and the salesman doesnt know ..... from a hole in the ground...

Gary
Enjoying my H3!!!!!
Old 08-02-2005, 06:33 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

naa man it's part of the Lux2 package, it also includes a color match ashtray
Old 08-02-2005, 08:32 PM

IS300_TRD is off the scale

hey HummerGuy

I live in Dallas and in the market for one. I think I have the SVPP through my company which is not GM. Do you know if any Dallas dealerships will take it?
Old 08-02-2005, 09:50 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Pretty sure his dealership will

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 08-02-2005, 10:26 PM

BosH3Guy is off the scale

Hello Everyone,
I just purchased a Boulder Grey H3 with my GMID...Like Gary, I was the first one the dealer I went to accepted here in the Boston area. I checked around with every dealership within 100 miles of here. Saved $3300 on the sale so it was definitely worth doing the "homework".
Old 08-02-2005, 10:35 PM

Marc H3 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BosH3Guy:
Hello Everyone,
I just purchased a Boulder Grey H3 with my GMID...Like Gary, ... I checked around with every dealership within 100 miles of here. Saved $3300 on the sale so it was definitely worth doing the "homework". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
<span class="ev_code_blue">Welcome to the H3 family! You picked a great color Hope that you will enjoy yours as much as we do ours! Great to read up and know how to get your best deal.

SHOP around a lot... that is the key to getting your best price! </span>