H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Photos of YOUR H3

Old 08-10-2006, 06:14 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FJ Owner

The HUMMER brand is very well defended here.

We have an H2/3 and love them. However, there are way more aftermarket parts available for the FJ than the H3. THere are a couple here in Denver (lifted) that are sick! I mean that in a good way. The FJ is not my style, but man, with the lift, tires, ARB front bumper, they look mean. With both front and rear lockers available now, they are going to climb like mules.

I say bring em out! The more the better.
... not all rigs can look as cool as the HUMMERS.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:46 AM
Hummer Guru

NEOCON1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenP
When I first saw the H3 I thought, "Chick truck".

Lucky for you guys the KY took that roll.

* Rollin with the Banned and the Damned *

"Fred Thompson for President "
Old 08-10-2006, 11:55 AM
Hummer Veteran

J6Niner is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOCON1
yea give it a year or two and there will be 2 at every red light just like mustangs

X2 - Lately I have started seeing about 2-3 FJs per day. I rarely see any H3s.

Also had a co-worker telling me how much better the FJ was offroad (and this guy doesn't even drive a truck!). I paused for a few seconds, returned to my desk and sent him an email with the Motortrend article and several posts from the FJ site where FJ OWNERS themselves said the H3 was far superior offroad. Didn't argue much after that...

Previous:
2004 Nissan 350z
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
1997 Honda Accord EX
1994 Jeep Wrangler Sport
1980 MGB
Old 08-11-2006, 01:17 AM
Hummer Veteran

Guppy is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerHippy
Not like this. (Sorry. I had to do it.)

Now dont make fun of the Barbie Hummer, they live in the same town as me. This is only a auto wrap and not paint. There used to be a sponge bob one around.
2006 Yellow H3 Adventure Package with 35" Firestone Destination MT Tires, Torsion Bar Adjustment, Trail Duty Extended Bump Stops, Chrome Trim Package, XM radio, 6 Disc Monsoon Stereo, Marker Lights, Brush Guard, Chrome Nerf Bars.
www.centexhummerclub.com
Old 08-11-2006, 05:40 PM
Steve - SanJose

Did you snap a picture of that Sponge Bob Hummer?

S.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:49 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerHippy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy
Now dont make fun of the Barbie Hummer, they live in the same town as me. This is only a auto wrap and not paint. There used to be a sponge bob one around.

Whew! At least it can come off!

Gone: 2006 Red H3, Aventure Pkg, 5 Speed, Monsoon, Brush Guard, Rubber Foor mats, Trailer package, Chrome Fuel door, Engine Block Heater.

"You?re making the choices about whether you want to drive a little extra more or not drive extra more."
29-Jul-2008
Old 08-14-2006, 02:04 PM
Hummer Professional

Scouts Out is an unknown quantity at this point

On my way to Harrisburg, I pulled of at the Carisle exit and got some fuel and in beside me pulls a silver FJ. The guy thru the gas hose in his FJ and came to talk to me. He said he really wanted a H3 but his wife was making too much noise about it being too big so he brought home the FJ and since it was a Toyota it was perfect with her. She got out and was looking at the H3 and and started commenting she liked the H3 interior better and really liked the DVD players... He just rolled his eyes and walked back to the FJ

Superior Blue, Adventure Package, Roof mounted off road lights, Auto, 6 Disk Monsoon with XM, Brush Guard, Tire Cover, Husky mud flaps, flat steps, black fuel door.

Other Cars.....

1980 Triumph TR8 3.5 litre V8
Old 08-14-2006, 04:55 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouts Out
On my way to Harrisburg, I pulled of at the Carisle exit and got some fuel and in beside me pulls a silver FJ. The guy thru the gas hose in his FJ and came to talk to me. He said he really wanted a H3 but his wife was making too much noise about it being too big so he brought home the FJ and since it was a Toyota it was perfect with her. She got out and was looking at the H3 and and started commenting she liked the H3 interior better and really liked the DVD players... He just rolled his eyes and walked back to the FJ

I bet there will be some domestic violence in the household's future.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:30 PM
Steve - SanJose

Quote:

That FJ dude is lame.

S.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:18 PM
Hummer Professional

CrisB is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3slate
I have started to see a lot of FJ's around town. They look all cute and round, but would like to see how they do off-road.

Hit the sands of Lake Michigan a few weeks back with my buddy & his FJ, I was impressed with it's abilities! Crawled the sand just fine, took deep water well, climbed hills as good as my H3...but when we hit some mud holes, that thing bottomed out real quick! No pics, but the winch was well used that day...not a lot of clearance.
2006 H3 Adventure, green in & out, Line-X, no bling. Onboard air, Rino GPS, BVG roof rack, roof-mounted lights, Warn xd9000i winch, RR rails, Hunner's skid plates, custom UCP, rear tire rack, roofcam.

1965 IH Scout 80, fully restored with winch, lockers, Dana 44's...holds it's own to an H3.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:38 PM
Hummer Professional

Cranky Steve is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll park my junk next to any new junk, and I guarantee you people will be crawling all over it, after all, mine has the Playground Jungle Gym built in

Official Hummer Forums "Rice Grinder"

http://www.rocknroll4x4.com
http://rubicontrailpatrol.org/index.php
http://www.friendsoftherubicon.com/
http://www.Pirate4x4.com Tool and Shop Talk, Vendor, & Toyota Truck and 4Runner Talk Forum Moderator
Old 08-15-2006, 09:45 PM
Hummer Professional

31_bandits is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTYFN
I bet there will be some domestic violence in the household's future.

Old 08-16-2006, 09:46 PM
Hummer Veteran

DTHVLY is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I had parked in the local parking lot down town and was half way to the bank when I saw this Yellow FJ pull in. He waited until the spot next to my H3 opened up and parked there and waited for me. For 20 mionutes he clamored how great his FJ was and how all the magazines picked it over the H3 (I pointed out that the motor trend's articles most important line was "if we had to drive the trail ourselves, the H3 would be our choice"). He talked how consumer report rated the H3 among the worst blah blah blah... As my patients were wearing down when four hot college interns from my employer walked by and came running over... They were telling me home they love the H3 , how cool it was and crawling in and all thru it. The FJ owner just stood there as they ignored him just like they did his FJ. As they left to go back to work I looked at him and simply asked, any other comments? he sheepishly walked to the bank

You forgot to mention that the four hot interns were dudes?

That reminds me of something that happened to me last week. I was parked downtown when a guy in a H3 drove by and committed that he liked my FJ so much that I could come over to his house and fuuk his sister. And just last Sunday I was at a gas station when three smoking hot stripers came out of the club next door and started crawling all over my FJ and offered to suck me off while I pumped gas.

While H3?s are a cool vehicle they just don?t get the looks anymore, I rented one last time I was in Vegas and got no noticeable looks from anyone except some tree hugger types that gave me the finger, my friends new LR3 got more looks than the H3. On the other hand weather you like the looks of the FJ or not it gets tons of attention, the contrast of the white roof is just very eye catching.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:02 PM
Hummer Expert

deserth3 is on a distinguished road

In Utah FJ's get ignored.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:33 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

I was in the city (NYC) the other day helping my niece move and we had lunch and accross the street you could see a FJ through the window.The only one to turn there head and look at it was me over a 45 minute time period .

Last month I was in NYC with the H3 .I was parked in front of her building for 10 minutes and several people noticed my 3 and a few said nice truck ect,one guy seen it through his apartment window and ran outsideHe was thinking of buying one .No tree huggers in the bunch.And it was dark out at the time.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:49 PM
Hummer Expert

Aubs is off the scale

DTHVLY, gotta love your blind stupidity. The FJ's are a passing craze, which is already dying out. I see them piling up on the dealer lots. H3's on the other hand, sales just keep going up and up! 5,550+ units last month. FJ's will soon be a dime a dozen, just like the Mustang, 300, and Charger. The excitement will wear off. Now, the H3, it will remain in smaller numbers, and by the time a redesign is on the table, it will still be pretty damn cool. Just like the H2. I still get many, MANY looks, and it's been around for a long time. There's just something about a Hummer... It's like nothing else!
Old 08-17-2006, 03:09 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTHVLY
That reminds me of something that happened to me last week. I was parked downtown when a gay guy in a H3 drove by and committed that he liked my KY so much that I could come over to his house and fuuk his father. And just last Sunday I was at a gas station when three smoking hot male stripers came out of the club next door and started crawling all over my KY and offered to suck me off while I pumped gas. I guess they really like the KY because they said I didn't have to pay this time

Fissed

Quote:
While H3?s are a cool vehicle they just don?t get the looks anymore, I rented one last time I was in Vegas and got no noticeable looks from anyone except some tree hugger types that gave me the finger, my friends new LR3 got more looks than the H3. On the other hand weather you like the looks of the FJ or not it gets tons of attention, the contrast of the white roof is just very eye catching.

Personally I think they are both cool vehicles overall but I just don't like the look of the FJ. It has grown on my slightly but there is still no way I would buy one. You are right in that the FJ does get a lot of looks but that does not mean they are all good. Every time I am with someone and we see one go by they look and comment on how ugly they are. Some of these people know I have an H3 and some don't so don't try to say it has anything to do with what I drive. You are also right that they white roof is eye catching but not necessarily in a good way. I can only think of one person that I know that has said they like the looks of the FJ and he is a die hard Yota fan and bought one. You seem to think that the only thing that we H3 owners care about is getting noticed. I could care less if anyone notices my H3 or not. I bought it because I love the looks of the truck and wanted something capable, not what everyone else will think. If you choose your vehicle based on the current fad that is your problem but don't assume that everyone else does too.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 08-17-2006, 03:45 PM
Banned

HIHUMMER is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Okay...1) you were in Vegas. I can imagine that in Vegas, the H3 isn't exactly an eye catcher anymore. I'm sure there are more exotic cars to be googled over.

2) the white roof of the FJ is eye catching...but like Newbie said, not always a good thing. My daughter saw one the other day and asked if they forgot to paint it...granted..she's only a 4yr. old, but still. Get me?

3) I still get looks. People still question me about the H3. Interest level around "these here parts" might be higher simply b/c there are not that many Hummer's in general on the roads (and that probably has to do a lot w/ ignorance than anything)

my 2cents on this thread.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:04 PM
Hummer Veteran

yzergod is on a distinguished road

I know, don't feed the trolls/ae's...

...but, until I see a FJ do the "Escalator" in Moab, I won't be impressed!

This is the shiznit right here!!!
http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/a...0&d=1155797065
"Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is."

Last edited by yzergod : 08-17-2006 at 05:15 PM.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:54 PM
Steve - SanJose

wtf