H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 01-18-2006, 10:57 PM

NOLAhummer is off the scale

http://www.carspyshots.net/zerothread?id=17169

The first post on the page has some links to pictures of what could be an alpha. It's got the Vortec 3700 engine, but it may just be an upgrade. Sorry if this is old news.
Old 01-18-2006, 10:57 PM

NOLAhummer is off the scale

http://www.carspyshots.net/zerothread?id=17169

The first post on the page has some links to pictures of what could be an alpha. It's got the Vortec 3700 engine, but it may just be an upgrade. Sorry if this is old news.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:57 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

The 3700 I-5 is the existing 3500 I-5 punched out a bit. It produces about 25-30 mph; not sure if it has been certified by SAE standards just yet for HP rating.
Old 01-19-2006, 12:55 PM
Hummer Veteran

H3Eric is off the scale

hey f5fstop, 25-30 mph is not bad ?!?!

Old 01-19-2006, 07:16 PM

Kid Shyleen is off the scale

Can't we get 25-30 more horses? I guess I'm still looking at the Super Charger...
Old 01-20-2006, 12:44 PM
Hummer Veteran

FutureHummerOwner is off the scale

Does anyone know when the H3 Alpha will be available for purchase? Will it be a 2007 or 2008?
Old 01-21-2006, 03:51 PM
Steve - SanJose

I wonder if GM will actually produce the 3700. It's no small job, and kind of defeats the benefits and economies of scale that they gained with the modular 4/5/6 cylinder motor lineup derived from the 4200 I6 (these motors share a lot of common parts). But at least fitting it into the engine compartment would be easy. And they could also use it in the Colorado.

S.
Old 01-22-2006, 06:01 PM
Banned

SledgeHummer is off the scale

My Sources at GM reveal the following :

2006-2007 :
- H3x
- 3.7 Ltr H3 (245 HP)
- Right Hand drive H3 with Diesel engine for Uk and Australia only.

2007-2008 :
- H3 SUT
- V8 H3 , not sure about capacity, but might have DOD or Hybrid capabilities. Actually 1st prototype testing begins THIS month (Jan 2006).
- H4 : the H4 is an H3 but with smaller wheelbase (probably a 2-door H3) filled with more offroad capabilities. Something to rival Jeeps Wrangler, Gladiator, Rescue...etc.

It's not sure yet which ones of these models might have Hybrid technology.

I am definitly trading in my current H3 for either the V8 H3 or the H4, depending on future gas prices

SledgeHummer
Old 01-22-2006, 07:23 PM
Hummer Veteran

SDH3 is off the scale

Interesting! Thanks for the the info.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:53 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SledgeHummer:
My Sources at GM reveal the following :

2006-2007 :
- H3x
- 3.7 Ltr H3 (245 HP)
- Right Hand drive H3 with Diesel engine for Uk and Australia only.

2007-2008 :
- H3 SUT
- V8 H3 , not sure about capacity, but might have DOD or Hybrid capabilities. Actually 1st prototype testing begins THIS month (Jan 2006).
- H4 : the H4 is an H3 but with smaller wheelbase (probably a 2-door H3) filled with more offroad capabilities. Something to rival Jeeps Wrangler, Gladiator, Rescue...etc.

It's not sure yet which ones of these models might have Hybrid technology.

I am definitly trading in my current H3 for either the V8 H3 or the H4, depending on future gas prices

SledgeHummer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, GM is making the 3.5L into a 3.7L and will most likely drop the 3.5L. Yes it will have 25-30 more ponies.
As for the V8, if there is one, it has been in testing already. I can't personally say there is one, but again, if there was a V8 version, it will have already been in testing. In fact, I bet it is red, that is again, if there is really one being driven on MI roads. Again, this is all speculation on my part.
My understanding is that the diesel will be for all of Europe and any other country the S. Africa plant will export too. If not, the left hand drive one I have personally seen could be a mock up, but it probably isn't a mock up, but I have no idea if it is a mock up.
If there is a V8 and if it is the 5.3L, it most likely will have displacement on demand (although that name is no longer correct, GM calls it something else now), since that engine is already adapted to DOD. Again, all this is if there is a V8 somewhere on the drawing boards.
The H4 was officially cancelled, but may come back, in fact, one source says it was reincarnated the first of the year.
Again, everything I say here is just speculation on the part of a poor ex TN redneck; living in the state of Pot Holes (or the state of confusion).
Old 01-22-2006, 11:07 PM
Hummer Veteran

SDH3 is off the scale

I'm deliberating your speculations and suspect that speculations are like rumors, and you know what they say about rumors.
Old 01-23-2006, 02:04 PM
Banned

SledgeHummer is off the scale

The V8 is not speculation or on the drawing board, it's actually put to test January 2006. Initially in 2005 there was a debate inside GM between a supercharged 3.5 H3 or a V8. Problem with the Supercharged is that not all countries allow superchragers. The V8's problem was fitting one in the H3 compartment. V8 camp won the debate, apparently engineers managed to fit one.

the H4 was not dropped, but altered in concept. initially the H4 was supposed to be a smaller than H3 Hummer, to compete with the LR Freelander, Toyota RAV4 BMW X3 & similar size vehicles, through research, GM found out that a small Hummer would deviate the brand from its initial image of toughness and roughness.

Instead GM needs a vehicle on the Extreme side of offroading (Jeep Rubicon, upcoming Ford Bronco), so the H4 will be a wheelbase reduced H3 (Probably 2 door).

I got the info on the V8 H3 from 2 separate GM officials, one of them even hinting it to the press.

Regards.

SledgeHummer
Old 01-23-2006, 03:07 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SDH3:
I'm deliberating your speculations and suspect that speculations are like rumors, and you know what they say about rumors. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I have one of those two.
However, I can only speculate when on the internet, I believe many on this site can read between the lines.....
Old 01-23-2006, 05:20 PM
Hummer Professional

HoKC is off the scale

This is my shot at reading between the lines from a proven source.

GM is making the 3.5L into a 3.7L … it will have 25-30 more ponies.
As for the V8…it has been in testing already. ..it is red… being driven on MI roads. …diesel will be for all of Europe and any other country the S. Africa plant will export too….there is a V8 .. it is the 5.3L (Active Fuel Management)…The H4 was reincarnated the first of the year.
Old 01-23-2006, 05:44 PM
Hummer Veteran

FutureHummerOwner is off the scale

My reading between the lines skills are limited. I have 1 simple question that I need an answer to because it affects my H3 buying decision 100%. I will be purchasing my H3 in spring but am willing to wait till July if I know for sure that the 2007 H3 being released in or around July will have the 3.7L engine with the extra 25-30 Horsies. Can anyone confirm?
Old 01-23-2006, 09:30 PM

Grandman is off the scale

Id speculate that that V 8 H3 that F5Fstop is saying may or may not exsist is rated at 310 hp , well thats my guesstimate of speculation .

Seems i once dented a fender im now a body expert . That said im speculating further that the H3 required some body refinement to fit the V 8 that may or may not exisist and thats why we well never know for sure until fall of 07

I get more info between the lines then i do in the print
Old 01-23-2006, 10:36 PM
Hummer Professional

HoKC is off the scale

f5fstop...let me know if you see something like this running around up there
Attached Images

Old 01-24-2006, 02:04 AM
Steve - SanJose

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HoKC:
f5fstop...let me know if you see something like this running around up there </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow What's that a Hummer Bronco II ?

S.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:06 AM

Adam^_^ is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steve-SanJose-H3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HoKC:
f5fstop...let me know if you see something like this running around up there </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow What's that a Hummer Bronco II ?

S. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no its an "im good at photoshop hummer" u can tell by te blurryness where they cut out the back door
Old 01-24-2006, 02:10 AM
Hummer Guru

NEOCON1 is an unknown quantity at this point

can someone photoshop a h3t for me . im thinkin slant back three
* Rollin with the Banned and the Damned *

"Fred Thompson for President "