H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 09-15-2007, 05:56 AM
Hummer Authority

Alan06SUT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03H3
Alan,

I have a mountain right behind my house. It has loose dry soil and rock, it is surrounded on all sides by thick scrub oak with thick branches that rip into paint. The trails wind up the face of the mountain and in places are very steep.

Not only is the H3 much more fun to take through these trails, it outperforms my H2 on the exact same trails. The H2 requires multiple point turns to negotiate the turns and still gets abused by the brush. Up the steeps the H2 digs holes in the loose soil and buries itself. The H3 works hard also, but gets up.

My friends Jeeps don't do any better.

Don't get the wrong idea, I like the H2 better. For most stuff I do believe it can slightly outperform the H3. But like I said this argument is stupid, the H2 costs a lot more. My H2 is lifted with 37 13.50's.

So then we agree. Rasm? What is your basis that the h3 can outwheel an H2?
Old 09-15-2007, 06:04 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazM
Oh it compares, and beats the H2 in many regards. Of course, it doesn't compare in the ego boost some of you get being 3 inches wider on each side... I understand, some of you need that...

Better water fording, better turning radius, and with 35's, equal or better approach, departure, and breakover angles, and you're not carrying all that useless fat around.

I think this fording was just a bit over the advertised fording numbers for either the H2 or H3 probably around 35 inches. the only h3 that attempted it didnt make it down into the deep part before getting hung on his belly (the ruts were made by h1's on 37's. I did have the 37's on....

I then had to recover another H2 with 37" toyo MT's but I probably rutted it out pretty good.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:29 AM
Hummer Expert

RazM is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzy
LoL, You're very funny. I actually did go get my wife some tampons in the H3!

More trash!
As far as your smart a$$ remarks go, your knowledge of the calipers from the H3 to the H2 do not impress me. The fact that you would knock someone for having an opinion, thats another issue, and it's possible that you may need a psychiatric evaluation. Yes, the H3 I test drove at highway speeds felt incredibly loose, like your wife. There was huge instability in the vehicle handling compared to how my supercharged H2 feels at the same speeds. It was immediately noticable when I hit the highway leaving the dealership.

-Brakes sucked. No scientific proof needed, or even a tampon run! 'Period' (literally!). My F350 could stop quicker than the H3 any day, with less fading.

-Comparing an H3 to a sports car? Doesn't deserve a response.

-Wow! Do you get this pissed at everyone that might think your H3 is a POS? So insecure, maybe you should have bought the H2 for a morale boost!

I don't knock anybody having an opinion, god knows enough people have said the H3 is not right for them, and for valid reasons. No problems there, however, your 'opinions' are laced with ridiculously exagerated knocks at the H3 just so you can say you didn't like it. Saying the brakes suck, ridiculous. You didn't drive it long enough or were you ever in a position where you had to stop on a DIME. I have been, frequently, especially out in the country where animals dart in front of you like hicks at a wal-mart. The H3 being too small for you? Fine, not enough power? Fine, saying the braking sucks? BULL. Some of the best braking of any truck I've driven. The many reviews back this up.

Yes, the H3 handles like a sports car, not like a 5000lbs+ truck. The turning radius and great steering make it a dream to drive. That's a fact, everyone who's driven it says that. Again, you knocking how it handles and compare it to an old Explorer, more troll trash just so you can say "I don't like it."

I'm defending the H3, in a thread where a lot of BS has been thrown around. Height and size issues were brought up, I gave the facts and shot it down. If you want someone to make a fair decision in what vehicle is right for them, don't throw around complete BS just to knock down a vehicle you don't like. Frankly, I could care less if YOU like it, but don't be surprised if I come and shoot down the BS you're throwing out.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:37 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan06SUT
Rasm and the other H3 guy....H3 does NOT outwheel an H2.

Show me where I said it outwheels? I said in many regards, it beats the H2, like water fording, better turning radius, and with 35's, it's got equal or better angles. Take into consideration that this was a response to a guy who said the H3 doesn't even come close to the H2.

Quote:
As for comfort you are smoking crack if you think an H3 is more comfortable than an H2.

Again, never said it was more comfortable, just talked about legroom and headroom, and that it's not an issue for tall people to be comfortable in an H3.

I loved the seats in the H2, the H3 seats are comfy but the H2 seats are simply incredible (well, atleast on pre-08's, never sat in the 08)
Old 09-15-2007, 07:43 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan06SUT
I think this fording was just a bit over the advertised fording numbers for either the H2 or H3 probably around 35 inches. the only h3 that attempted it didnt make it down into the deep part before getting hung on his belly (the ruts were made by h1's on 37's. I did have the 37's on....

I then had to recover another H2 with 37" toyo MT's but I probably rutted it out pretty good.

That's another advantage the H2 has, it can fit 37's without a lift, just like an H3 can fit 35's without a lift.

Obviously, if you put 37's on an H2 it'll get better angles and clearance than a stock H2 or an H3 with 35's. Wish I had a mud pit near me like that (I'm in Canada, where the government classifies offroad trails as bicycle and jogging trails, and snowmobiles and quads are treated like the only form of offroading) Where was this taken?
Old 09-16-2007, 09:30 PM
Hummer Professional

dkhummerh2 is on a distinguished road

I really don't want to get into the argument. But a guy I know has an H3 and cannot go on the mild trails that I do on near my home. The may be closer on paper than in a real test.
thanks
dk
Old 09-16-2007, 09:30 PM
Hummer Professional

although, the h3 would fair better on sand than the h2.
dk
Old 09-17-2007, 01:12 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhummerh2
I really don't want to get into the argument. But a guy I know has an H3 and cannot go on the mild trails that I do on near my home. The may be closer on paper than in a real test.
thanks
dk

Sounds like the "guy" is a complete dolt and wouldn't even be able to maneuver a buggy at a grocery store

You're welcome
Old 09-17-2007, 01:50 AM
Hummer Professional

pretty much, after all he bought an H3 and can actually afford on H2.
dk
Old 09-17-2007, 10:07 PM
Hummer Authority

RuggedH2 is on a distinguished road

Jeez........ Some British clown comes on here calling himself "Range Rover Sport owns all" and in his best sophistry, asks the question; if anyone of us can think why he should purchase a Hummer (H2 or H3), other than the size of one. Complete loaded crap from the beginning. This clown is a "dyed in the wool" British Range Rover fan.

What do we do? We begin the same old H2 versus H3 debate. We look like idiots, and should feel like we got worked, because we did. We got - by a British Rover dork.

Some H2 guys act like this is the same as a JK versus Liberty debate. It's not, and it's not even close. Yes the H2 may be slightly more capable in some terrain than the H3, but the differences in the models are not at all like the JK versus Liberty. All the Hummers are capable off road. The H3 has some advantages also.

Try this tight fit, (in the photo, there are only inches between the roof line and the rock, and there is no other way through) in an H2 and you're likely to sustain some significant body damage. Those of us that have wheeled both have seen different situations are advantageous to the individual strengths of different vehicles. Way to much web wheeling making us look stupid on this thread. (the bottom photo is of my rigs)

Name:  IMG_0092 (Medium).JPG
Views: 553
Size:  90.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0479 (Medium).JPG
Views: 435
Size:  90.7 KB

Old 09-17-2007, 10:51 PM
Hummer Professional

obzidian is on a distinguished road

man...

The guy was concerned about the interior and how refined a h2 is. I stated that, a h3 does not compare to an h2 interior wise.

RaZm, your sure took it far. It is clearly evident that in certain situations, a specific vehicle type will outperform another if the latter isn't adept to that situation. Take a amphibious car, not a whole lot of cars can follow on of those in a lake, right?

I know that there are times a person wheelin' a h3 might wish they were in a h2 and vice versa, its the name of the game. Different strokes for different folks.... however, when i went to the dealer and sat in both, IMO, first imperssion.... the H3 Doesn't compare to a H2, PERIOD. You said it, and it should... cause it sure cost alot more... but you cannot say or insinuate that its inferior, which you insinuated, to a h3 in certain trail situations.

I think a h3 is a great truck and wheel's great, but, come on, my only ego-boost is when i would be pulling you out of a rutted mudhole time after time again!!!!!

03h3: respect your thoughts and i agree with ya'll 100%, but Razm got stupid and turned the thread sideways, quick! OF course, i dont help, but it's way more fun this way!
Old 09-18-2007, 04:02 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazM
That's another advantage the H2 has, it can fit 37's without a lift, just like an H3 can fit 35's without a lift.

Obviously, if you put 37's on an H2 it'll get better angles and clearance than a stock H2 or an H3 with 35's. Wish I had a mud pit near me like that (I'm in Canada, where the government classifies offroad trails as bicycle and jogging trails, and snowmobiles and quads are treated like the only form of offroading) Where was this taken?

That is Georgia Red Clay! Its at the Hummer course about 45min from Atlanta.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:11 AM
Hummer Authority

I went to my youngest sons football scrimmage against our cross town rivals today. When this little Range Rover Sport showed up and parked next to me in the parking lot. This little metro-sexual dude gets out wearing gay looking shorts (and carefully holding his Starbucks) and heads over to play tennis. I thought about this thread, and started laughing.

He looked at me because he thought I was laughing at him (and I was) but he then quickly looked away, and then down at himself to see if he could see something wrong.

I took a picture of a couple of American 4X4's with the British Rover all parked in the parking lot next to each other. Look at what a bad-ass statement that Rover makes! Tennis player at the football field.

Now don't get me wrong, some Rovers are cool trucks, I do like the Defenders, but since this thread started with "Range Rover Sport Owns All" looking down his nose at Hummers, I thought a little "perspective" was in order.

RRSOA can kiss my Hummer driving ass!

Name:  IMG_0595 (Medium).JPG
Views: 212
Size:  74.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0592 (Medium).JPG
Views: 222
Size:  81.0 KB

Last edited by RuggedH2 : 09-20-2007 at 05:59 AM. Reason: remove wording
Old 09-20-2007, 10:33 AM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Gosh Darnit, I love that truck 03.

Pretty funny. It looks so dainty, even next to the Jeep.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:08 PM
Hummer Professional

md_sailor is off the scale

Quote:
Jeez........ Some British clown comes on here calling himself "Range Rover Sport owns all" and in his best sophistry, asks the question; if anyone of us can think why he should purchase a Hummer (H2 or H3), other than the size of one. Complete loaded crap from the beginning. This clown is a "dyed in the wool" British Range Rover fan.

What do we do? We begin the same old H2 versus H3 debate. We look like idiots, and should feel like we got worked, because we did. We got - by a British Rover dork.

Some H2 guys act like this is the same as a JK versus Liberty debate. It's not, and it's not even close. Yes the H2 may be slightly more capable in some terrain than the H3, but the differences in the models are not at all like the JK versus Liberty. All the Hummers are capable off road. The H3 has some advantages also.

Try this tight fit, (in the photo, there are only inches between the roof line and the rock, and there is no other way through) in an H2 and you're likely to sustain some significant body damage. Those of us that have wheeled both have seen different situations are advantageous to the individual strengths of different vehicles. Way to much web wheeling making us look stupid on this thread. (the bottom photo is of my rigs)

Attachment 43539

Attachment 43540

Bravo! Well Said.....
Old 09-20-2007, 03:03 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Attachment 43539

Attachment 43540

In case you are interested, you're truck has been on that exact same spot without touching. (before the lift, but with rack and 37 12.50's. That's the first part of the squeeze on Hells. At least it sure looks like it.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:06 PM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Aficionado_VT is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Help plz

Quote:
RRSOA can kiss my Hummer driving ass!

LOL
You pwnd that dweeby RRS and wannabe Wrangler.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:36 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by timgco
In case you are interested, you're truck has been on that exact same spot without touching. (before the lift, but with rack and 37 12.50's. That's the first part of the squeeze on Hells. At least it sure looks like it.

Yep. I didn't say it was impossible, just likely to sustain damage, and I understand others did. Stories anyone?

Old 09-20-2007, 10:10 PM
Banned

tower is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn that Tim is strong, holding up a 3 all by hiself!
Old 09-20-2007, 11:11 PM
Hummer Veteran

CollegeSucks is on a distinguished road

they dont weigh too awful much

RIP
1999 Z3 coupe, dinan chip/exhaust/intake
1999 TJ, 3.5 RE lift, LTB's, ford 8.8, tmax 9500...
1998 VTR1000 S'Hawk, Corbin Seat