H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 10-22-2007, 04:06 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2008 SUT with major problems!

You should not have had the aftermarket electronics installed until the truck was sorted out. The wheels could be an issue as well. The dealership / GM will say the aftermarket stuff is causing the problems.

Best of luck to you!
Old 10-22-2007, 10:18 PM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Aficionado_VT is on a distinguished road

Bummer... Good luck on the fix!
Old 10-23-2007, 01:22 AM
Hummer Professional

dkhummerh2 is on a distinguished road

Let them tell you whatever they want. Then contact corp. I had to do that with Chevy a few years back.
dk
Old 10-23-2007, 04:36 PM
Hummer Guru

Agriv8r is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2 Rocks
Send it back. Have them get you a new one.

great advice here.....not
Old 10-23-2007, 06:59 PM
Hummer Veteran

BigBlue is on a distinguished road
Default UPDATED: 2008 SUT withOUT major problems!

Well, the second dealership called me this afternoon. They located a "master wire harness" behind the dash which had been "crushed" during the build process behind a large metal reinforcment tube. The tech tells me that it was at a 90 degree angle, and it's a wonder the truck ran in the first place! Needless to say, all has been repaired/replaced, with big apologies all around. They threw in the installation of my TPM sensors, a bed cover and free oil changes for the trouble.

Drove it back just now and all minutia of problems have disappeared! Amazing huh?

But now to the pissy news (for which I will start a new thread)...

"We received a service bulletin last week... all 2008's must run Premium Fuel!"
WTF!
Black/Black/Black 24" Mazzi Hulk Wheels, Custom Powdercoated Tire Carrier Eliminator and Fuel Door, AVIC-f90BT and every add-on available, SWI and Onstar interface. SR7/ZR3 Radar Defense System. Amp Research/Bestop Powersteps. Llumar 5% Tint. Heads-Up display.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:11 PM
Hummer Veteran

2of4 is off the scale
Angry Re: 2008 SUT with major problems!

This thread has me really upset. I have a 2008 on order and the nearset dealer to me is 220 miles away. I definetly don't want to deal with these kind of problems.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:21 AM
Hummer Authority

mikejr is an unknown quantity at this point

There must be an issue with the wiring harness. I had a "chaffed wire" that caused my BCM to go on the fritz. It was just dash lights etc that werent working. They fixed it and its running like a top!

2008 H2 Lux Series, Slate Blue, everything but the air suspension - sold

2006 H2 Lux Series, Uplevel Chrome, DVD's, Slate Blue, Sun Roof - sold

"If Life Gives You Limes, Make Margaritas" - Jimmy Buffett
Old 10-24-2007, 11:00 PM
Hummer Professional

dkhummerh2 is on a distinguished road

That's good to know that they took care of you. Best of luck and keep us posted.
dk
Old 10-24-2007, 11:14 PM
Hummer Professional

porschett is on a distinguished road

Hope you have better luck with Vivian than I did! My last Porsche ended up with soooooooo many problems, I had to sue her and her crap dealership. Bought mine from Dew, got my fingers crossed, no problems so far.

Let me know if it get gets too far out of whack, I'll give you the number of the area Hummer Rep.!

2006 H2 Hummer Gone and missed

1998 993 Porsche Twin Turbo (Last one made)

2006 Baja Performance 88 MPH

2008 GT2 Porsche

2009 DBS

"I object and take exception to everyone saying Obama and Congress are spending money like a drunken sailor. As a former drunken sailor, I quit when I ran out of money"
Old 10-25-2007, 02:08 AM
Hummer Authority

SnakeH2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTYFN
"Tactical Edition"??? Ghey.

Missed that...I thought it said Testicle Edition
Old 10-25-2007, 02:37 AM
Hummer Guru

3Hummer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by porschett
Hope you have better luck with Vivian than I did! My last Porsche ended up with soooooooo many problems, I had to sue her and her crap dealership. Bought mine from Dew, got my fingers crossed, no problems so far.

Let me know if it get gets too far out of whack, I'll give you the number of the area Hummer Rep.!

thats suprising to hear you had soo many issues, my pops had 4 Porsches never had to take any of them in for anything other than an oil change and the occasional nail in the tire, same deal with everyone else we know with Porsches, this is the first time of many problems that i heard, what issues were you having with it?

2003 H1 HMCS: Ocean Blue Metallic, Grey Leather Interior

2010 H3 Alpha: Canyon Metallic, Cashmere Interior

2017 VW Jetta S

2012 Cessna 182T Skylane

used to have: 2007 base H3 Slate Blue

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)
Old 10-25-2007, 07:00 AM
Hummer Professional

H2bill is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue
Tactical edition is available as a dealer option for both H2 and H3. For H2 it includes the blacked out roof lighting, color matched wheels (I think available in Black, Red, and Grey?), 110v inverter outlet in addition to the air port and 12v outlet, and locking safe in center console. I read about it somewhere for the H3, told my dealer I'd like it for the H2 who looked at me like I was crazy, but found the parts package available after I ordered it. Could be dealer BS though. I like it, that's all that matters.

I was thinking about taking all the badging off.

UPDATE: Onstar dispatched a tech from another dealership (Dew Hummer, Pinellas) to my house yesterday, in addition to a tow. He drove me back to his dealership, gave me a loaner, and set it up for service first thing this morning.
\\

Good luck with the dealer. Something like your now going through sure takes the joy out of owning a (new) Hummer. I seem to recall if you have to take your vehicle back to the dealer three times for the same problem without resolution, it qualifies for the Lemon Law. Definintely keep all the paper work.

Oh, and about that Tactical Edition badge, when you take it off....Send it to Me!!!! I'll put it on mine.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:50 PM
Hummer Guru

3Hummer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2bill
\\

Good luck with the dealer. Something like your now going through sure takes the joy out of owning a (new) Hummer. I seem to recall if you have to take your vehicle back to the dealer three times for the same problem without resolution, it qualifies for the Lemon Law. Definintely keep all the paper work.

Oh, and about that Tactical Edition badge, when you take it off....Send it to Me!!!! I'll put it on mine.

it qualifies for the lemon law if you have the same possibly LIFE THREATINING problem three times, such as something with power steering or the transmission, if its only a problem with something like A/C it wont qualify for the lemon even if it happens 10 times. And even if you win the lemon they have one last shot to fix it and usually they can fix it on the last time becuase the realize if it doesnt work now then we have to give them a new car plus intrest.

2003 H1 HMCS: Ocean Blue Metallic, Grey Leather Interior

2010 H3 Alpha: Canyon Metallic, Cashmere Interior

2017 VW Jetta S

2012 Cessna 182T Skylane

used to have: 2007 base H3 Slate Blue

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)
Old 10-25-2007, 10:48 PM
Hummer Veteran

It went back in yesterday for a check engine light... something about "metal shavings got into the control board" which of course had to be ordered. Total days with = 8
Total days without = 8...9...

Think I might need that GM rep number.
Black/Black/Black 24" Mazzi Hulk Wheels, Custom Powdercoated Tire Carrier Eliminator and Fuel Door, AVIC-f90BT and every add-on available, SWI and Onstar interface. SR7/ZR3 Radar Defense System. Amp Research/Bestop Powersteps. Llumar 5% Tint. Heads-Up display.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:49 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeH2
Missed that...I thought it said Testicle Edition

Arn't they all?
Old 10-26-2007, 01:49 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
It went back in yesterday for a check engine light... something about "metal shavings got into the control board" which of course had to be ordered. Total days with = 8
Total days without = 8...9...

Think I might need that GM rep number.
Bew hew. When you get to 20 or so days then you can cry.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:28 PM
Hummer Guru

Agriv8r is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Hummer
it qualifies for the lemon law if you have the same possibly LIFE THREATINING problem three times, such as something with power steering or the transmission, if its only a problem with something like A/C it wont qualify for the lemon even if it happens 10 times. And even if you win the lemon they have one last shot to fix it and usually they can fix it on the last time becuase the realize if it doesnt work now then we have to give them a new car plus intrest.

where is this at???
Old 10-26-2007, 06:51 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Hummer

Even then, the fix might last only a few months.

My Video Collectionez

Old 12-21-2007, 03:37 AM
Hummer Veteran

Default Re: 2008 SUT with major problems! Latest Update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agriv8r
where is this at???

Latest update... Went back in the shop and was in for nearly 40 days. GM reps from "all over the country" came in to try and figure out what was wrong. Eventually, they replaced the Transmission Control Module, which happens to be the same thing the dealer tech said was the problem according to the diag computer (4 weeks prior).

It seemed to fix the problem, but unfortunately they took so much crap apart during the "investigative" process that there are rattles, ticks and grinding noises everywhere.

GM finally decided to offer me a brand new truck - which of course "had to be ordered" and will finally be here shortly after the new year. The dealer (sales manager actually) will transfer/pay to transfer all of the aftermarket equipment too. So pretty good support there! All in all though, I LOVE my H2.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:01 PM
Hummer Professional

MVR 155 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2008 SUT with major problems! Latest Update.

Quote:
Latest update... Went back in the shop and was in for nearly 40 days. GM reps from "all over the country" came in to try and figure out what was wrong. Eventually, they replaced the Transmission Control Module, which happens to be the same thing the dealer tech said was the problem according to the diag computer (4 weeks prior).

It seemed to fix the problem, but unfortunately they took so much crap apart during the "investigative" process that there are rattles, ticks and grinding noises everywhere.

GM finally decided to offer me a brand new truck - which of course "had to be ordered" and will finally be here shortly after the new year. The dealer (sales manager actually) will transfer/pay to transfer all of the aftermarket equipment too. So pretty good support there! All in all though, I LOVE my H2.

WOW...... that sure it alot of BS to deal with, sounds like you really have a stand up dealer that is really standing behind thier product. Hopefully your new rig is problem free in the new year. Happy holidays

SOLD 2006 H2 SUV Luxury: Pewter ext/Black int.

2002 Corvette Z06 Blue/Ebony (light mods)
1/4 mile: 11.661@118.86

2013 Audi S4

2002 Yamaha YZF R1 Blue/White
1/4 mile: 10.51@136

2006 Sea-Doo RXP (70.6mph GPS)
2005 Sea-Doo RXT