Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > General Off Topic

Old 02-14-2008, 03:45 PM
Hummer Veteran

NCBound is on a distinguished road
Default 2003 F-250 Monster Truck for Sale

Here is a one of a kind F-250 Monster Truck that will work for what you want. I am asking $22,500 OBRO for the truck and the pics are below. This Truck is a 2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab with the Short Bed in Sonic Blue Clear Coat Metallic (Only year with this color offered from the factory). It has the powerful V-10 power plant with the 4 speed Auto Transmission and Manual Transfer Case as well as the Manual Locking front hubs. The basic factory options on it are as follows: Cruise Control, Air Conditioning, Power Steering, Power 4 wheel Disc Anti-lock Brakes, Power Windows, Power Door locks, Power Adjust Brake and Gas Pedals, Power Tow Mirrors with marker lights, Roof Marker lights, Tow Package, Factory Tinted Rear Glass with the Sliding back glass and 6 Person seating with gray cloth seats.

The list of mods begins with the lift that was installed by Pro-Trucks of Chesapeake, VA. The main lift is a Super Lift All Spring 6 inch lift that includes 4 Bilstein 5100 shocks and Dual Bilstein steering Stabilizer setup. Next it has an additional 3 inch body lift to clear the 38 inch Mickey Thompson Baja Claw Radials mounted on American Eagle Alloy 16 X 10 rims. To keep the factory power band alive the gears were changed out to 4:56 front and rear and all new rear carrier bearing with drop bracket were also added. The rear U-joints were replaced with Extreme Duty greasable U-joints last spring. The truck has a Line-X Sprayed in Bed Liner and a Bright Polished Diamond Plate Aluminum Truck Box finishes the bed out. I have added a Chrome Westin Bull Bar to the front of the truck and mounted KC Day Lighter Off-Road lights mounted on the front bumper as well. The truck also has an Electric Trailer Brake Controler installed to control any trailer that you may haul with it.

I special ordered this truck from my local dealer in late 2002 and was their first with the Lighted Trailer Tow Mirrors. I am the original owner and the truck has just over 53,000 highway miles. (We only use it on rare occasions to go to Truck Shows and minor trips.) The price is firm but serious offers may be considered. If you have any questions feel free to contact me at any of the numbers below.
Home: (252) 465-4615 No Later than 9 PM
Office: (757) 558-6787 From 7 AM to 4 PM
Cell: (757) 373-0555 Any Time Leave message.
Ask to speak to Tracy, Thanks for looking.

Thanks for Looking.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:22 PM
Hummer Guru

frenzy1 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2003 F-250 Monster Truck for Sale

Nice truck, but that ain't a monster truck. I know alot of guys on dodgetruckworld who drive simular trucks, and none of them calls it a "monstertruck".

Frenzy

MY TRUCK : NO !
MY DOG : MAYBE
MY WIFE : YES

Old 02-14-2008, 10:29 PM
Hummer Guru

Adam in CO is an unknown quantity at this point

2 issues. The obvious one is that it's a ford. Second, how can 38" tires constitute a monster truck?
Old 02-15-2008, 02:04 PM
Hummer Veteran

Sorry for the misunderstanding... I have owned this truck for 5 years and to this day whenever we pull up to anyplace most people in our area refer to it as a "monster truck". I for one never really understood that concept, but who am I to refuse the general opinion.

Adam, I have to disagree with the "Its a Ford" statement. I know from experiance that the superduty trucks are far superior to their GM/Chevy counter parts. With the Superduty Ford has stayed with the truck mentality. Solid front axles, heavy duty suspensions, heavy duty everything. With the GM/Chevy IFS, suspensions that leave alot to be desired and so on.

I have personally been to local truck pulls, mud bogs and the ones that snap parts right off the bat are the GM/Chevy folks. I have seen at least 7 GM/Chevy trucks destroy their front ends trying to pull the sled and not one single Ford do any more damage than a U-joint on the rear. (Crappy rear drive shaft design, granted). I have witnessed at 1 event a super duty actually pull the chain off of the sled. Anyway opinios are like ***holes, everyone's got one and they all stink.
Old 02-15-2008, 04:34 PM
Hummer Novice

H2 rocks me is off the scale

here's a new version of the monster truckName:  08ford.jpg
Views: 12159
Size:  53.8 KB

2008 F-250
6.4 L PowerStroke twin turbo
worse mileage than an H2
6 inch lift
37 Toyo MT
Still following an H1 waiting to recover it!!!

Last edited by H2 rocks me : 02-15-2008 at 04:37 PM.
Old 02-15-2008, 04:40 PM
Hummer Veteran

Thats a nice FORD you have there H2 Rocks
Old 02-15-2008, 04:53 PM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

ADAM! Did you see the Ford F250 Super Duty was voted the 4wheeler Pickup truck of the year in Four Wheeler Magazine? Believe it or not the Hummer H2 SUT got second.
Old 02-15-2008, 04:54 PM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2 rocks me
here's a new version of the monster truckAttachment 46588

poop
Old 02-15-2008, 05:26 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2 rocks me
here's a new version of the monster truckAttachment 46588

2008 F-250
6.4 L PowerStroke twin turbo
worse mileage than an H2
6 inch lift
37 Toyo MT

Ahhhh, I love that thing. And I'm not a big Ford fan.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:27 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBound
Here is a one of a kind F-250 Monster Truck that will work for what you want. I am asking $22,500 OBRO for the truck and the pics are below. This Truck is a 2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab with the Short Bed in Sonic Blue Clear Coat Metallic (Only year with this color offered from the factory). It has the powerful V-10 power plant with the 4 speed Auto Transmission and Manual Transfer Case as well as the Manual Locking front hubs. The basic factory options on it are as follows: Cruise Control, Air Conditioning, Power Steering, Power 4 wheel Disc Anti-lock Brakes, Power Windows, Power Door locks, Power Adjust Brake and Gas Pedals, Power Tow Mirrors with marker lights, Roof Marker lights, Tow Package, Factory Tinted Rear Glass with the Sliding back glass and 6 Person seating with gray cloth seats.

The list of mods begins with the lift that was installed by Pro-Trucks of Chesapeake, VA. The main lift is a Super Lift All Spring 6 inch lift that includes 4 Bilstein 5100 shocks and Dual Bilstein steering Stabilizer setup. Next it has an additional 3 inch body lift to clear the 38 inch Mickey Thompson Baja Claw Radials mounted on American Eagle Alloy 16 X 10 rims. To keep the factory power band alive the gears were changed out to 4:56 front and rear and all new rear carrier bearing with drop bracket were also added. The rear U-joints were replaced with Extreme Duty greasable U-joints last spring. The truck has a Line-X Sprayed in Bed Liner and a Bright Polished Diamond Plate Aluminum Truck Box finishes the bed out. I have added a Chrome Westin Bull Bar to the front of the truck and mounted KC Day Lighter Off-Road lights mounted on the front bumper as well. The truck also has an Electric Trailer Brake Controler installed to control any trailer that you may haul with it.

I special ordered this truck from my local dealer in late 2002 and was their first with the Lighted Trailer Tow Mirrors. I am the original owner and the truck has just over 53,000 highway miles. (We only use it on rare occasions to go to Truck Shows and minor trips.) The price is firm but serious offers may be considered. If you have any questions feel free to contact me at any of the numbers below.
Home: (252) 465-4615 No Later than 9 PM
Office: (757) 558-6787 From 7 AM to 4 PM
Cell: (757) 373-0555 Any Time Leave message.
Ask to speak to Tracy, Thanks for looking.

Thanks for Looking.

One of a kind for your area maybe. Run of the mill out here. Good luck.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:51 PM
Hummer Messiah

CO Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBound
Adam, I have to disagree with the "Its a Ford" statement. I know from experiance that the superduty trucks are far superior to their GM/Chevy counter parts. With the Superduty Ford has stayed with the truck mentality. Solid front axles, heavy duty suspensions, heavy duty everything. With the GM/Chevy IFS, suspensions that leave alot to be desired and so on.

You talking to the hand here. Adam doesn't understand the difference between SFA and IFS.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:34 PM
Hummer Veteran

We can all agree to disagree on certain things. I know we all agree that we have a passion for the H2 but other makes/models will always have differing opinions.

As far as the one a a kind statement goes, you can find lifted superduties with diesels in them all day long, but you will not find many with the gas equavilant of that as in the V-10. That is one of the features that help make it one of a kind. I firmly belive the V-10 at this time should be the more desirable motor due to the cost of ownership/ maintance. On the diesel you have a lot to consider, it adds an additional $5,000 to the purchse price of the truck on most makes that currently offer different engine packages, where the V-10 option is only a $600 upgrade. Then there is the cost of diesel fuel as of this day is running at leat .35 cents more per gallon than regular gas in my area. Next is the simple cost of oil changes and general diesel up keep. Diesel oil change = upwards of $65 or more depending on what other services you need at the time. A gas vehicle oil change = $30 plus any other service as well. Granted the diesel will get better milage than the V-10 but with the other costs involved you come out ahead in the long run with the gas engine unless you pull a house up steep grades 7 days a week at highway speeds. It would take well over 100,000 miles to justify the cost of the diesel at this point in time and most of us get a new vehicle well before you reach the 100K mark due to the fact your generally just ready to make a change at that time. Just my .02 cents on the subject.

Last edited by NCBound : 02-15-2008 at 07:37 PM.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:49 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

I like those big ole' Fords. I'd have one right now, but me's pwn3d by teh baby.

Hey Tracy, I like that old Bronco you had, too. Those were always cool trucks.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:17 PM
Hummer Veteran

Thanks Ken, by the way congradulations on the new addition to the family. Hope the wife and kids are doing well. Yes the Bronco we had was truely just this side of a monster truck. Anyway I was just trying to get some exposure on the 250 for sale. Didn't want to step on anyone's toes but I will defend my position if that is what is called for. I hope that your getting some sleep and we still need to get together sometime and maybe grill some steaks or have a few cold ones.