H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > H2 Classifieds

Old 03-05-2008, 08:08 PM
Hummer Veteran

marius is on a distinguished road
Default h2 diesel for sale

link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...203464390&rd=1

Thanks

Marius
Old 03-05-2008, 11:29 PM
Hummer Guru

BKLYNH2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: h2 diesel for sale

So you're saying the H2 will be discontinued after 2010? Can anyone confirm this?
Old 03-05-2008, 11:48 PM
Hummer Authority

Location: In da Chi! I am not only the originator of the H.O.A.B. club. I am also a member
Mr. I - Man is an unknown quantity at this point

Where the fvck is the rear locker button???
Old 03-06-2008, 12:24 AM
Hummer Professional

MVR 155 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKLYNH2
So you're saying the H2 will be discontinued after 2010? Can anyone confirm this?

Yeah.... I would love an answer to this also, I think this is a big truckload of bull$hit, if they were gonna discontinue for 2010 then they never would have tooled up for the redesigned interior and new powertrain to only run it for the 2008/2009 model years. I guess you can tell people whatever it takes to sell your rig.

I have to admit your rig is kick A$$ with the duramax/allison conversion but at $75K its priced very steep. A new loaded 2008 can be had out the door for a solid $10-12K less without any serious negotiation not to mention it doesnt have 80K+ miles on the body/chassis..... I know alot of items have been reconditioned but its still got those miles, also the description says 4500 miles and the odometer in the picture shows 4100 which I think would make any potential buyer think twice. I wish you the best of luck on your sale but I have to say I think you got your work cut out for you.

SOLD 2006 H2 SUV Luxury: Pewter ext/Black int.

2002 Corvette Z06 Blue/Ebony (light mods)
1/4 mile: 11.661@118.86

2013 Audi S4

2002 Yamaha YZF R1 Blue/White
1/4 mile: 10.51@136

2006 Sea-Doo RXP (70.6mph GPS)
2005 Sea-Doo RXT
Old 03-06-2008, 12:27 AM
Hummer Veteran

peppers&eggs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKLYNH2
I think he means GM is not going to put the 4.5 Diesel in the H2, not that the H2 is no longer going to be made.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:38 AM
Hummer Veteran

Tornadough is on a distinguished road

I thought he meant no more diesel too, not no more H2. Didn't even realize GM made it in diesel.

Any better gas mileage under the diesel setup?
I read the whole ebay post expecting some type of claim to justify putting in a diesel engine but didn't see it or missed it.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:34 AM
Hummer Veteran

Let me answer some questions...
No, I am not making "any" claims to sell my rig, matter of fact I should have not even advertised here....a mistake...Sorry for the inconvenience.

GM/AM general will apparently continue to make the H2 in the present model of SUV and SUT at 48-50 units per day. The new 915 platform was a redesign for 2010 SUV with the gas and Diesel 4.5L and the new SUT which had a 6 foot bed. The present platform as you all know is the older 800 that shared some components with the 2500 Sierra and Silverado.

As it stands now the H2 is exempt from CAFE under the weight classification. With a the 2010 model redesign and new government mandates this would not be the case anymore and they can not achieve the economy targets.
Everybody thought the new GM contract was "in the bag" but 2 weeks ago the bad news came. Now they are shut down because of the American Axle strike which will get ugly.

The CAFE is a "per brand" average.
While Chevy has the small cars to help the big trucks and compensate, Hummer does not. The H3 is not an economical vehicle either.
It will take a while to be made public if they will even do that soon.

I drive the truck to work every day. I expect to rack up another 400 miles by the time the add runs out - thanks for the tip I will correct the mileage description.

Economy - what I have observed so far is 13.7-15 mpg city driving with temperatures down to -20 F on winter diesel which has additives and will not give you the best economye. I compare that with the 8-9 mpg I used to get last winter.
Driving 65-70 MPH highway I get 18-20 MPG. Jump over 80 MPH and the "brick" will give you get down to 15.5-16 MPG. Either way you look at it the improvement is in the 60-70% efficiency over gas. Now remember these numbers are with the truck tuned at 500HP at the crank in performance mode.

Rear locker button ? Sorry I don't get it....

Hope it helps...

Marius
Old 03-06-2008, 03:54 AM
Hummer Authority

Location: In da Chi! I am not only the originator of the H.O.A.B. club. I am also a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marius
Let me answer some questions...
No, I am not making "any" claims to sell my rig, matter of fact I should have not even advertised here....a mistake...Sorry for the inconvenience.

GM/AM general will apparently continue to make the H2 in the present model of SUV and SUT at 48-50 units per day. The new 915 platform was a redesign for 2010 SUV with the gas and Diesel 4.5L and the new SUT which had a 6 foot bed. The present platform as you all know is the older 800 that shared some components with the 2500 Sierra and Silverado.

As it stands now the H2 is exempt from CAFE under the weight classification. With a the 2010 model redesign and new government mandates this would not be the case anymore and they can not achieve the economy targets.
Everybody thought the new GM contract was "in the bag" but 2 weeks ago the bad news came. Now they are shut down because of the American Axle strike which will get ugly.

While Chevy has the small cars to help the big trucks and compensate, Hummer does not. The H3 is not an economical vehicle either.

I drive the truck to work every day. I expect to rack up another 400 miles by the time the add runs out - thanks for the tip I will correct the mileage description.

Economy - what I have observed so far is 13.7-15 mpg city driving with temperatures down to -20 F on winter diesel which has additives and will not give you the best economye. I compare that with the 8-9 mpg I used to get last winter.
Driving 65-70 MPH highway I get 18-20 MPG. Jump over 80 MPH and the "brick" will give you get down to 15.5-16 MPG. Either way you look at it the improvement is in the 60-70% efficiency over gas. Now remember these numbers are with the truck tuned at 500HP at the crank in performance mode.

Rear locker button ? Sorry I don't get it....

Hope it helps...

Marius

Look at the pics the rear locker button is missing!
Old 03-06-2008, 04:12 AM
Hummer Veteran

Rear locker button as in differential lock button ?
The conversion comes with a new transfer case that is not computer controlled to deactivate the lock once the speed increases. You can have this option activated as a separate flip button ( easy to hook up and mount inside the cabin) but if you forget it in ON position and drive over 15 mph with it locked the differential gets ruined.

As a safety, Mash Motors does not hook it up unless the customer asks for it, signs a disclaimer and then in 20 minutes you can have it. I chose to leave it as an option that can be activated later.

Marius
Old 03-06-2008, 05:21 AM
Hummer Authority

Oh I see. Just curious
Old 03-06-2008, 02:07 PM
Hummer Authority

TXSUT is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
matter of fact I should have not even advertised here....a mistake...

Bull$hit. I think your truck kicks ass, and I don't see anything terribly wrong with your ebay ad. Phuck the naysayers, and good luck with the sale. And I hope you keep us updated on the 2008 project.

Pete
Old 03-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Hummer Veteran

Thanks Pete, truly appreciate it !
Bought the LMM drivetrain already, working on the electrical side, this will be a challenge - GM changed the whole architecture for the 08 and things work in a somewhat illogical way. As soon as I sell the 03/06 I will buy a 08 body.

M
Old 03-06-2008, 03:28 PM
Hummer Guru

BKLYNH2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nothing wrong with advertising it here. You just gotta remember that we are a more savy group than the average person looking at your ad.

1) the mileage inconsistency didn't phase me, it could have been a difference in when it was posted and when the picture was taken.

2) I doubt the H2 will be disappearing just like that. GM may have to do some work to meet some standards or get around them, but the Hummer line would be toast without the H2, and there is too much invested into Hummer to scrap it now. The Hx may be the key to getting the brand to meet the standards required.

3) The locker control panel is indeed different. It seems to have a 2 wheel full time drive option and then a hi and low locked transfercase option. If there is no full time 4 wheel drive then improved mileage should be expected regardless of the diesel engine. The fact that it is diesel and 2 wheel drive makes me think the mileage boost should be more considerable. The rear differential lock is standard on all Hummers but is conspicously missing in this one. Locking the Tcase or the rear diff is only something that should be done at low speed, this is true no matter what transmission or engine is in there. I see no reason to disable the trucks capabilities to protect it from an idiot who does not know how to use the systems correctly. So the question remains is the locking rear diff gone? and a new question is the truck full time 2 wheel drive as opposed to 4?

4) What is the device under the locker control panel (it's round, just down and to the left) Does that have something to do with the semi-manual (step)transmission? The shifter looks standard so I was wondering how you control the step transmission anyway.

I applaud you for undertaking the diesel conversion it makes the truck very desirable, even with the mileage (maybe not 74g but desirable none the less) I think you might have been better off trying to move it without some of the other bells and whistles which obviously cost you something but generally don't recoup their costs. Maybe you could put the rims on your new truck and sell this with the standard. I think getting the full offroad functionality back is more important than any other options you may have added as someone who finds the diesel capability desirable is likely to appreciate the off road abilities too. Also the warranty issue is very confusing I think you need to simplify it. If their is an application required by the underwriter of the warranty that needs to be completed due to the work done, you should do it so that all that needs to happen at a sale is transfer of the holder. Also I think the scope of the warranty needs to be explained more succinctly. The way it reads now does not add to the value IMHO.

Good Luck!
Old 03-06-2008, 03:30 PM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Guy is off the scale

Quote:

CAFE is "Fleet Wide" average, so the 2010 H2 will have plenty to balance with - such as the all-electric Chevy volt due out around that time...

http://www.hummerguy.net
Old 03-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Hummer Veteran

The round device under the transfer case control unit is the Bluetooth master control unit. The black "+/-" buttons above the ignition key are the manual transmission control unit.

The truck is full time 2 wheel drive or on the fly 4 wheel high.
The rear diff. lock is still an option that can be hooked up in a few minutes as soon as a flip button is installed inside the cabin. Unless you go offroad this feature has minimal if any use.

I will clarify the warranty portion - thanks for the advice. The underwriter does not cover components of conversions period. The remaining warranty is for the rest of the truck minus the engine, tranny and transfer case. All other mechanical, steering, rear axle, electrical, brake system etc. are covered until the expiration date or another 30k miles.

The towing capacity was increased to 11k# after the conversion.

M
Old 03-06-2008, 06:57 PM
Hummer Expert

MDimitri is an unknown quantity at this point

Marius,

Forget what others are saying...that is a seriously nice rig, and hats off to you for undertaking a big makeover like that. the price is a bit steep when taking the uderwriters component coverage exemption into consideration. If you've been driving it back and forth without any headaches then chances of something going wrong with it are pretty slim. Alot of us like to talk about doing soemthing like this to our rigs considering the benefits but very few actually follow through. Best of luck on your sale!

Cheers!

Bow to the mighty Canadian Dollar!!
Old 03-06-2008, 07:08 PM
Hummer Veteran

Thank you.
There are no conversions done where the shop gives a warranty for the drivetrain. These shops have a line for like new drivetrains but are not coming with the GM typical 36k warranty. If you were to buy that assembly in brand new, GM warrantied the conversion would cost 60k+
This Duramax and the Allison are known to be almost bulletproof. I had zero problems. The mass airflow sensor throws a code because of the cold air intake but the computer clears it everytime the engine is started.
If I get an offer of $62.5-63k its gone !
So far I got 4 offers between 40k and 55k
I need to move to the 08 with LMM and that is going to suck some money.

M
Old 03-06-2008, 07:33 PM
Hummer Authority

TXSUT is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
If I get an offer of $62.5-63k its gone !

I'll give you $63k.......for the '08/LMM, but make sure it's an SUT.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:40 PM
Hummer Veteran

That one will go for 100-110k

M