H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-25-2009, 06:49 AM
Hummer Novice

icehead is on a distinguished road
Default new guy looking for a comparison?

I commute about 40 miles each way to work. First off, is there anyone commuting in their Hummer H2 for over 80 mile a day? Second, Im trying to decide between a Hummer H2, Cadillac Escalade, or Tahoe/Denali/Suburban. I have read that they are all about the same mileage is that true? I really want a Hummer H2, but will settle for one of the others if it's a better choice for family and commuting.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:07 AM
Hummer Professional

Big.Z.hummin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: new guy looking for a comparison?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehead
I commute about 40 miles each way to work. First off, is there anyone commuting in their Hummer H2 for over 80 mile a day? Second, Im trying to decide between a Hummer H2, Cadillac Escalade, or Tahoe/Denali/Suburban. I have read that they are all about the same mileage is that true? I really want a Hummer H2, but will settle for one of the others if it's a better choice for family and commuting.

just get a H2.

you know you want one

73' Dodge Charger. 400 Magnum. B5 Blue. White Leather.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:12 AM
Hummer Veteran

edbrick is on a distinguished road

Ive owned two Tahoes, 02 and 05 and I used to own a 03 H2. As far as gas mileage the Tahoe avaraged 15mpg the Hummer 11mpg. The room inside for the family is pretty much the same. If it was me my choice would be H2. It is like driveing your sofa. I loved driving it and am planning on buying an H2 sut soon. The 08 H2's are supposed to be better than 03-07 so you have to consider that also.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:42 AM
Hummer Professional

wingn69 is on a distinguished road

No comparison get a H2 I live in Germany and put over 8500km since April on mine.
2006 H2 Slate Blue LUX with more chorme, K&N 77 Series Intake, Pirelli Scorpion ATR LT325/55R22, 22in polished chrome rims, Kenwood DNX-7200 w/ Garmin Navi, DVD, Bluetooth, IPOD,Rockford Fosegate Punch 10in P-1 Subs, Rockford Fosegate Punch P-300 amp,7" headrest monitors, Carbon Fiber Dash kit, 17 Flip down Monitor, Borla exhaust.

Last edited by wingn69 : 11-25-2009 at 08:45 AM.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:47 AM
Hummer Expert

twr is on a distinguished road

Hi i have a 08 and it gets 13 to 15 on the highway it depends how heavy my foot is. Just buy it, you only go around one time.

2008 H2 SUV
Starr Hid projector headlights
Hid lights in the DRL bumper holes
Custom Alum. light bar, 2 Rigid Industries 10 inch Leds
MC2 Roof Light Bar
24 inch Starr 770 Hammer Rims
Gen 6 Lockpick
Gm bluetooth
Front + Rear Camera's

73 Duster 588 ci. B1 injected akly with NOS
Supercharged 2002 Harley, E Glide Classic
2005 Screamin Eagle, E Glide

http://twrbaggersplus.com/
Old 11-25-2009, 07:05 PM
Hummer Expert

Intercooled is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by twr
Just buy it, you only go around one time.

Thats why I bought mine. I loved it but had some reservation about price and gas. I have never looked back and am on my 2nd H2.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:30 PM
Hummer Veteran

vandy0090 is on a distinguished road

i actually traded my escalade in for the h2 gas was the same ins. was about the same. trucks a lot better though. go with the h2 f the price of gas truth is its prob the cheapest we will ever see it again might as well enjoy it while we can
Old 11-26-2009, 12:26 AM
Hummer Novice

You guys got me all fired up now! is there any major difference between a 2003 and 2006 and other years in between?
Old 11-26-2009, 12:52 AM
Hummer Expert

Intercooled is off the scale

Quote:
You guys got me all fired up now! is there any major difference between a 2003 and 2006 and other years in between?
Thata boy! Now go get one!
Old 11-26-2009, 04:57 AM
Hummer Expert

splne1 is on a distinguished road

I commute about 60 miles 30 there and back!!! I will tell you this I will never go back to another type of truck!!! I love my H2 and I love my lift on it and it makes me feel comfortable above the rest of the traffic!!! Buy it!!! Plus who buys and H2 for MPG anyhow!!!
Old 11-26-2009, 06:38 AM
Hummer Novice

I'm glad to here that someone is doing some serious commuting with their H2.
i'm looking at some decent deals, just waiting for the right one.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:59 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife has a 2008 Tahoe. The differences between the Tahoe and the '08 H2 are: the H2 is $133 a year more to insure, the H2 rides better than the Tahoe, mileage on the H2 is about 2 mpg less than the Tahoe, the Hummer draws attention wherever you go while the black Tahoe blends in (my grandson always wants to ride "in grandpas Hummer"), the H2 will blast throgh the creek when it's running around 3 ft and be dry inside, while the Tahoe gets water under the doors, and most important to me the H2 is more fun to drive & the seats on the Hummer are more comfortable than the Tahoe for long commutes and the seat heaters work MUCH FASTER in the Hummer than the Tahoe. When you own a Hummer, you become known as the guy with the Hummer. The '06 and '07s were the best years IMHO for Hummer if you're not considering a new one (08 up).

Last edited by HummerJim : 11-26-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Old 11-26-2009, 05:36 PM
Hummer Professional

s_c5519 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

In my experience the '03 and 04's squeak, creak and rattle more, even at low miles (25k), especially if they do not have the LUX package installed. The colder it gets out the worse the inside creaks. The 05-07 are noticeably better and the 08-09 are fantastic. Last year I test drove (and bought) an 08 Escalade. The Esacalde was just so much nicer riding and quieter, power, etc than the H2 that I ended up selling the H2... This month there was some good 09 clearance sales to be had and I bought an 09 H2 (figuring it was the last one around too) and just picked up a new 09 Escalade last week. To my surprise this time around the H2 is noticeably quieter, much smoother ride and the engine power is almost up there too with the Escalade... The new H2 interior I didn't like at first, but it grew on me so fast, I can't look back at the older style, I just wish they would change the outside now... It refreshed my love of Hummers all over again too...

Last edited by s_c5519 : 11-26-2009 at 05:39 PM.
Old 11-26-2009, 05:45 PM
Hummer Expert

HummerMann is on a distinguished road

I've owned an '03 and my current '06. The '06 is quieter and rides better and it has a nicer steering wheel with major improvements to the side mirrors. They upped the horsepower and torque after 03 too. The 03 also had those common igntion switch problems as well as the gauge cluster idiosyncracies common in the 03. My business partner has an Escalade and he likes my Hummer better, mainly because he's been stuck in the mud at a few sites with those wimpy tires the Escalde comes with (granted they are quieter). We're going to see if we can make a deal for two H2s with the dealer when the new ones come out.

Hummer, like nothing else
Old 11-26-2009, 08:09 PM
Hummer Expert

splne1 is on a distinguished road

[quote=HummerJim]When you own a Hummer, you become known as the guy with the Hummer.[quote]

COULDN'T OF SAID THAT BETTER!!!!
Old 11-28-2009, 03:43 PM
Hummer Professional

MVR 155 is on a distinguished road

Went through the exact same decision about 2.5 years ago..... ended up with the Hummer and havent looked back

SOLD 2006 H2 SUV Luxury: Pewter ext/Black int.

2002 Corvette Z06 Blue/Ebony (light mods)
1/4 mile: 11.661@118.86

2013 Audi S4

2002 Yamaha YZF R1 Blue/White
1/4 mile: 10.51@136

2006 Sea-Doo RXP (70.6mph GPS)
2005 Sea-Doo RXT
Old 11-29-2009, 08:20 AM
Hummer Veteran

Pure_Justice is on a distinguished road

I commute every other day from New Jersey to near Washington DC. (240 miles roundtrip). Their is nothing like riding in a Hummer when you get into traffic, which is most mornings past Baltimore. The first half of my commute is sane, setting the cruise control @ 73 mph with nothing but road. It is absolutely "Pure Love" riding in this truck. On occassion, I will pull out my other car (Jaguar x-type) just to run the engine. Even though it is fast (the Jag), I still can't wait to get back in my H2.

I get over 14 mpg easily during the commute. This will be my last vehicle in life. No matter what it will take in the future to fix, new engine, new transmission, whatever, there will be nothing else I will ride other then a H2. I am seriously thinking about selling the jag and hoarding another new H2 in my garage, just in case this one ever goes in 10-15 years.

Those are my thoughts. Get it if you can, you won't be disappointed.

Oh, and if your spouse ever gives you grief about your H2, get rid of them and keep the H2. You'll make out better in the long run. lol
Old 11-29-2009, 08:38 AM
Hummer Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure_Justice
I commute every other day from New Jersey to near Washington DC. (240 miles roundtrip). Their is nothing like riding in a Hummer when you get into traffic, which is most mornings past Baltimore. The first half of my commute is sane, setting the cruise control @ 73 mph with nothing but road. It is absolutely "Pure Love" riding in this truck. On occassion, I will pull out my other car (Jaguar x-type) just to run the engine. Even though it is fast (the Jag), I still can't wait to get back in my H2.

I get over 14 mpg easily during the commute. This will be my last vehicle in life. No matter what it will take in the future to fix, new engine, new transmission, whatever, there will be nothing else I will ride other then a H2. I am seriously thinking about selling the jag and hoarding another new H2 in my garage, just in case this one ever goes in 10-15 years.

Those are my thoughts. Get it if you can, you won't be disappointed.

Oh, and if your spouse ever gives you grief about your H2, get rid of them and keep the H2. You'll make out better in the long run. lol
Finally someone doing the miles i doing a week or more. This is the answer i was looking for. If i never was sold on this, i am now. thanks
Old 11-29-2009, 02:44 PM
Hummer Expert

Tex_h2 is on a distinguished road

The Hummer is a brick on wheels, its not a race car, its not the smoothest ride on the road, but it is a Hummer and I think its worth every cent of gas money i put into it. Plus, I drive between 50-100 miles a day for work. 04 w/ over 100,000 miles and still running strong.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:44 PM
Hummer Veteran

Pure_Justice is on a distinguished road

Anytime!