H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 09-16-2010, 04:20 AM
Hummer Novice

sakislayer is on a distinguished road
Default Power Seat & Heat not working...

Okay my 03' H2's drivers seat stopped working -- no power, no heat. I did the research and there is a TSB on it -- for memory lock up on the seat module. I've seen people say unplug the battery, got get GM to reprogram the module, and/or replace the module.....

So my question is - does the unplug the battery for 48 hours work? If not -- what does it cost to get GM to reprogram the module? And lastly -- I've found a new module at GMPARTS.Com -- looks like the old part (#15196666) has been replaced by new part #15835070...... Does the new module need to be programmed?

I'm trying to avoid getting raped by the dealer.... The part is $130.... But if they can reprogram my module cheaper I will go that route....

Any thoughts?
Old 09-16-2010, 05:53 AM
Hummer Expert

Hellz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Power Seat & Heat not working...

i dont have a answer for you, but maybe a little insight

not many cars ( if any) carry capacitors to store electricty in them.
so keeping the battery unplugged for 48 hours isnt going to accomplish anything more than if you unplugged for just a few minutes.

now i would agree to leave it unplugged for a short amount of time..( few minutes, not hours) as there is alot of devices and wires in a car that i woudl say need to get drained before running fresh current through.

devices that actually store information or what not will have thier own battery or power source, and wont be affected by the power loss/gain when you lpug/unplug the battery.

people can argue it all they want, and stick to what ever superstition they want, but it is all pretty much basic electricty, and computers.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:20 AM
Hummer Veteran

vetteSUT is on a distinguished road

sounds like either a fuse, or a something got fried... but hell knows how that would of happened. Time to bust out the multimeter!!!
Old 09-16-2010, 10:58 PM
Hummer Novice

sakislayer is on a distinguished road

So -- I'm thinking this is the Memory Logic Lock up.... So -- I disconnected the battery (both sides), pulled the breaker that controls the seat, and disconnect all the connectors going to the Seat Module that I could (VERY hard to disconnect without taking the seat out) and let it sit for about 2 hours.... Went back out -- put everything back together and reconnected everything and BAM -- it all works!

On a side note -- my cousin (mechanic for FORD) called his buddy who works for Chevy..... The Chevy mechanic said sometimes doing what I did will fix the problem..... sometimes a technician can reprogram the seat module (but only Chevy techs have the programmer needed..... or third -- you can simply replace the seat module with a new one. The new modules (available at GMPARTSDIRECT.COM) are a re-design (new part number) and should not have the memory logic lock up of the old ones....

So -- If it happens again I'll get the new module.... BTW -- New module is like $130 and is a "plug and play" -- simply replace and you are good to go.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:43 AM
Hummer Novice

bbtcorp is on a distinguished road

sweet good to know....any chance you could get pics of the "breaker" and the seat module? have the same issue. Thanks