H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 04-06-2005, 05:34 AM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

Was at the Home Depot today between 5 to 9pm. When I get the H2 to load up my 2 carts, I noticed the rear tire was swinging open. Puzzled, I pulled up to secure the pin, and noticed that someone had ripped "out" my license plate!!!

Very violently done -- the metal license plate holder (that came with the SMA rear tire carrier) was bent out of shape in 3 places. My new, beautiful cast steel chromed flame license plate frame was broken in pieces ...

Called the police, said nothing they can do. Told us to stop by the station that covers that Home Depot in morning to report. WHAT IF THEY USE MY PLATE TO ROB A BANK TONITE???!

I do have the second (front) plate, which was in my garage since I never install it. Should I use it to drive meantime? If not, how do I drive with no plates? Anyone knows if DMV can issue new plate/numbers immediately? Anyone has license plate holder for the rear carriers to sell?

Nothing else seemed to be touched.
Old 04-06-2005, 05:34 AM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

Was at the Home Depot today between 5 to 9pm. When I get the H2 to load up my 2 carts, I noticed the rear tire was swinging open. Puzzled, I pulled up to secure the pin, and noticed that someone had ripped "out" my license plate!!!

Very violently done -- the metal license plate holder (that came with the SMA rear tire carrier) was bent out of shape in 3 places. My new, beautiful cast steel chromed flame license plate frame was broken in pieces ...

Called the police, said nothing they can do. Told us to stop by the station that covers that Home Depot in morning to report. WHAT IF THEY USE MY PLATE TO ROB A BANK TONITE???!

I do have the second (front) plate, which was in my garage since I never install it. Should I use it to drive meantime? If not, how do I drive with no plates? Anyone knows if DMV can issue new plate/numbers immediately? Anyone has license plate holder for the rear carriers to sell?

Nothing else seemed to be touched.
Old 04-06-2005, 05:38 AM
Hummer Authority

ssgharkness020147 is an unknown quantity at this point

That suck finally. Hopefully the dumbass that took will do something stupid with it and get caught. In the mean time I would use the spare plat until you get a new one. I dont know about Ca but here in Wi regular plates are issued right when you register the vehicle, unless its a personal plate then you will have to wait for another.

-007=
Old 04-06-2005, 09:50 AM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

That is so awful!!! I can't imagine who would do such a thing. I'm sorry Finally.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:41 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Take the plate you have to DMV, report the theft to them and get new plates. Also, make sure you go to the police station and file that report.

Sorry to hear about it. Of course NO ONE in the parking lot saw anything. Aren't those bolted on pretty good? Most HD parking lots are covered by survellance cameras. Did you check with them? I bet they have a tape. Good luck, buddy.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:46 AM
Hummer Veteran

BIGT is off the scale

Home Depot has cameras on their parking lots. Maybe check with them to see if they have a tape from that evening.
Nothing to lose.

T.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:39 PM

Exploding People is off the scale

hahaha
Old 04-06-2005, 12:52 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Exploding People:
hahaha </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's really not funny ass clown. What if someone stole your dad's licens plate while you borrowed the car? He'd whoop your ass so bad when you got home! Maybe you took it.
Exploding people- nice forum name. You've got to be some posser terrorist. too bad when your mom slept with that prostetute the rubber exploded.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:53 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Exploding People:
It's really not funny ass clown. What if someone stole your dad's licens plate while you borrowed the car? He'd whoop your ass so bad when you got home! Maybe you took it.
Exploding people- nice forum name. You've got to be some posser terrorist. too bad when your mom slept with that prostetute the rubber exploded. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahahahahahahahahaha
roofles
Old 04-06-2005, 02:16 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
Exploding people- nice forum name. You've got to be some posser terrorist. too bad when your mom slept with that prostetute the rubber exploded. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahahahahahahahahaha
roofles </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Drunk so early? Must be trying to wash the taste of all those guys out of your mouth.
Old 04-06-2005, 02:26 PM
Hummer Novice

Xxtreme is off the scale

Sorry to hear that Finally. We live down the road in OC, and had our H2 keyed at the local Home Depot, front row spot, right in front of the entrance, of course no one saw a thing as in your case. We checked with HD to see if they had tapes and the local store was less than willing to be helpful. Hopefully your HD will help out if they have any surv tapes. Hope it all works out, but always sorry to hear of vandalism/theft of someones property.
Old 04-06-2005, 02:27 PM

you know, this is what many call "civil disobedience"

it means that people are unhappy.
Old 04-06-2005, 02:32 PM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

Report it right away! If they were personalized then they won't issue the same plate. You'll have to go with something else. My gfriend had XTSKI on her Jeep in college and it was stolen. She couldn't use it again. Get to DMV and have them give you a temporary or new plates.

sorry to hear that!

Exploding People? GFY-- that wasn't funny.
Old 04-06-2005, 02:44 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

you know, this is what many call "civil disobedience"

it means that people are unhappy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, it's called a "Death wish". If I ever find someone screwing with my vehicle they're done. If there are no witnesses they're REALLY done.
Old 04-06-2005, 03:02 PM

GVME20 is off the scale

This is how to manage civil disobedience as well as the last thing a thief should ever see.
Attached Images

Old 04-06-2005, 03:08 PM

because murder is definitely the proper punishment for all crimes
Old 04-06-2005, 03:09 PM

Hart1 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">you know, this is what many call "civil disobedience"

it means that people are unhappy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disagree. Civil disobedience is directed at a government, not the people.

This is crime, plain and simple.
Old 04-06-2005, 05:18 PM

Dallion is off the scale

This is my first post here, but I have been coming here for over a year, I finally bought my H2 about three weeks ago. I have been nothing but completely happy with it, but I too have already been screwed by the enviro-nazi's.

At lunch one day I came out and caught some kids trying to put a bumpersticker on my car (I'm changing the enviroment one) who ran off before I could catch up with them, and then just the other night I was having dinner with my wife and when we came out someone had spat all over the side of my vehicle.

Needless to say I was beyond pissed off, the place said they couldn't give me the tapes etc.. I am still pissed off over last night, I wish just once I could catch the little punks doing something, it would be their last time.