H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 04-03-2006, 08:20 PM
Hummer Professional

DH22G is an unknown quantity at this point

Well i thought it would never happen to me since I am an overprotective b*tch. but got in my caddy this morning and noticed some things were missing. first was my starbucks gift card was not in my dash cubby.. i was somewhat confused. got to the office and went to get my pack out of the back seat and noticed the damage. my bag had been emptied and sacked. my laptop was gone ipod, all of my medications which was quite a few (i am nuts) the fu**ers even had the time to look through the pills!!! took all my great pain meds that i got for my recent back and knee injury.. took all the good sh*t and left my prpecia for my fricken blading!! what a holes.. even left my decongestent. seriosuly what sick peopel are these. police came and saw no prints and no sign of entry. so i am guessing real professionals. no sign of window scratches or anything and the truck was locked!!
it is an 04 escalade ext. and it was parked in my closed underground lot which needs key cards to get into.. unless you follow someone into the garage. i have went off on the property manager and she is gonna look at the security tapes which only see the garage entrance and the elevtors out of the garage and have such ****ty quality that you cant even read a license plate! ready to explode over here..
i have already bought a new laptop since i need one for work (4k later).

what i want to know is how the hell did they get in? are there remote scanners and they just copied my remote signal or what? i have both keys and there was no sign of entry!!!
03 H2 White... too much to list
2003 Malibu Wakesetter VLX -READY FOR THE SUN
Old 04-03-2006, 08:29 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally posted by DH22G:
Well i thought it would never happen to me since I am an overprotective b*tch. but got in my caddy this morning and noticed some things were missing. first was my starbucks gift card was not in my dash cubby.. i was somewhat confused. got to the office and went to get my pack out of the back seat and noticed the damage. my bag had been emptied and sacked. my laptop was gone ipod, all of my medications which was quite a few (i am nuts) the fu**ers even had the time to look through the pills!!! took all my great pain meds that i got for my recent back and knee injury.. took all the good sh*t and left my prpecia for my fricken blading!! what a holes.. even left my decongestent. seriosuly what sick peopel are these. police came and saw no prints and no sign of entry. so i am guessing real professionals. no sign of window scratches or anything and the truck was locked!!
it is an 04 escalade ext. and it was parked in my closed underground lot which needs key cards to get into.. unless you follow someone into the garage. i have went off on the property manager and she is gonna look at the security tapes which only see the garage entrance and the elevtors out of the garage and have such ****ty quality that you cant even read a license plate! ready to explode over here..
i have already bought a new laptop since i need one for work (4k later).

what i want to know is how the hell did they get in? are there remote scanners and they just copied my remote signal or what? i have both keys and there was no sign of entry!!!
Driver's side door, right under the door handle
Old 04-03-2006, 08:44 PM
Hummer Professional

what do you mean? under the actual handle?
i am not sure what you mean?
Old 04-03-2006, 09:55 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

look under the surround that's around the handle on either DS or PS.

Look for tool marks around that plastic and around the edges of the door themselves
Old 04-03-2006, 10:52 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

Tis true! Those bastards were able to get in using OnStar with simple info. All someone has to do is get your LP# of your truck, go online to get your adress and phone number, call OnStar, and they're in. OnStar is somewhat a liability IMHO!

My suggestion: EVERYONE should call OnStar and ask for a "NO EXCEPTION PIN CODE." If you forget your code, TS, you don't get in. If you do this, make sure that the only possible way is to use your PIN!

Dave, also call OnStar and ask them if your account was used to unlock your doors EVER. And if not, there ya go. FWIW!
Old 04-03-2006, 10:53 PM

Ompus is off the scale

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Being a cop for the last 10 years, I have seen many vehicles broke into. Either at the door handles as Paragon mentioned, or they had a key made. All it takes is the Vin, at which time they can go to the dealer and get a key made.

Did the cop really dust for prints, or just look at it and say, "Well, I don't see any smudges, so I am not going to dust.."? (which is they lazy cops way out...)
Old 04-04-2006, 12:59 AM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by Ompus:

Being a cop for the last 10 years, I have seen many vehicles broke into. Either at the door handles as Paragon mentioned, or they had a key made. All it takes is the Vin, at which time they can go to the dealer and get a key made.

Did the cop really dust for prints, or just look at it and say, "Well, I don't see any smudges, so I am not going to dust.."? (which is they lazy cops way out...)

he just used his flashlight and said he doenst see anything which pissed me off.. he also made me fill out the report and turn it in myself because i needed the serial number of my laptop stollen!!! i checked all the handles and there is no damage. also the truck was in an underground under building garage. i dont believe onstar has service there. but i will try though. thanks for the tip tim. what do you think i should be doing? i already had to get a new laptop which has set me back alot already. i just want to bust this person. i was told that yesterday 2 cars were broken into at the building next door but they smashed the window and just took cd's. this person obviously knew what they were doing.
i feel like my truck has been molested. i just want my computer and my medications back. since they are narc for my back the docs are as*holes and wont give me anymore. i wanna seriously blow something up, anyone have a gun i can borrow? i wanna go shooting
Old 04-04-2006, 01:14 AM

Ompus is off the scale

Quote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ompus:

he just used his flashlight and said he doenst see anything which pissed me off.. he also made me fill out the report and turn it in myself because i needed the serial number of my laptop stollen!!! i checked all the handles and there is no damage. also the truck was in an underground under building garage. i dont believe onstar has service there. but i will try though. thanks for the tip tim. what do you think i should be doing? i already had to get a new laptop which has set me back alot already. i just want to bust this person. i was told that yesterday 2 cars were broken into at the building next door but they smashed the window and just took cd's. this person obviously knew what they were doing.
i feel like my truck has been molested. i just want my computer and my medications back. since they are narc for my back the docs are as*holes and wont give me anymore. i wanna seriously blow something up, anyone have a gun i can borrow? i wanna go shooting </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, the old "Flashlight latent print detector" eh? Yeah, I hate to say it, but it doesn't work. The only way I could use that method and feel good about it is if either the vehicle had a layer of dust on it, and it was easy to see if anything was disturbed, or if the vehicle was black. If black you can easily see prints or smudges.

If all there were was smudges or partial prints, you probably wouldn't get an 'hit' on the prints.

As far as your medication, if you have the DR number from the officer, you should be able to submitt that to your Dr to get another prescription. Especially if the officer put in the report that your meds were stolen.

However, without prints or a witness im sorry to say that you are out of luck. You MIGHT get your laptop back if he entered it into NCIC.. Then if it shows up at a pawnshop you will get it back.. I've see that happen many times.

Good Luck.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:15 AM
Hummer Professional

called onstar and nothing was called in.. dam i thought i was onto something there.

you guys think my next move is the dealer to see if someone ordered a new key with my VIN?
Old 04-04-2006, 01:25 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Didn't you use to have a narcoleptic girlfriend?

Mabye it's her.

My Video Collectionez

Old 04-04-2006, 01:33 AM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by DennisAJC:
Didn't you use to have a narcoleptic girlfriend?

Mabye it's her.

yeah... maybe.. stupid girl.. i just got my laptop serial number and i am going to turn the report in tomorrow.. im ready to do some insane alarm system.. anyone have those shock alarms? so i can fry those f**kers
Old 04-04-2006, 01:34 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Shock alarms are easy to make.

My Video Collectionez

Old 04-04-2006, 01:34 AM

Ompus is off the scale

Quote:
called onstar and nothing was called in.. dam i thought i was onto something there.

you guys think my next move is the dealer to see if someone ordered a new key with my VIN?

Can't hurt..
Old 04-04-2006, 01:42 AM
Hummer Professional

Quote:

how easy...?

im ready to do some airhorns sirens some nice stunn gun style deterents and some video devices so bitter right now..

feel like its been molested
Old 04-04-2006, 01:54 AM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

bear spray alarm would be cool...

'03 H2
Old 04-04-2006, 01:56 AM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by dochummer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DennisAJC:

bear spray alarm would be cool... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
yes... but i want to knock em down so i can come and finish the job.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:34 AM
Hummer Professional

Motohead is an unknown quantity at this point

i just order a train horn for my H2 that I had on my Ram. at over 150db they will get the point when it goes off if it's hooked to the car alarm.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:36 AM

Ompus is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by Motohead:
i just order a train horn for my H2 that I had on my Ram. at over 150db they will get the point when it goes off if it's hooked to the car alarm.

Thats the one thing that I am dissapointed about regarding the H2 is the horn.. It sounds so tiny compared to the machine its on.

Where are you getting your Train horn? And is it a direct replacement, or do I need so additional hardware?

Thanks