H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 11-15-2006, 08:09 AM
Hummer Professional

H3PAC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I Guess Only The Hummer Builders Know The Number..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet Nam Vette
Update.... Now the dealer tells me....that the amber roof marker lamps are NOT Available yet..!! Last week he was told they were..????

So now .. I'm back in the poop hole.. there is no new order number in the system . He says he has to re-enter the order every Tuesday to see if the GM Computer will except the order to be built.

I also was told that the GM plant shuts down for 3 weeks for Xmas in Dcember..

Can you say January...delivery...??? Oh man ..talk about being bummed.

So in other words, they haven't even ordered your vehicle yet. Tell them to get hosed. I did my own search and found the exact vehicle I wanted in Maryland - about a 3-1/2 hour drive from where I live in PA. I got a great deal, did everything, including the financing, over the phone and on-line. The only options the vehicle didn't have were the marker lights and the nav radio. The dealer installed both and had the vehicle completely ready to go the next day. A very nice experience, thanks to Criswell Hummer in Gaithersburg, MD.

Don't torture yourself any longer, and don't give that greaseball dealer the chance to make any money from you. Go elsewhere. You'll be driving your new H3 in a few days!
Old 11-15-2006, 02:17 PM
Hummer Professional

Crash ? is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisha Haddan H3
x2 - well worth the $200 and maybe you can talk the price down after waiting so long. They've got sales quotas to meet.

And they oughta be getting REAL hungry around the end of November - Mid December.. Folks aren't thinking about buying cars.. They are thinking about buying Christmas...

Rob
Old 11-15-2006, 04:36 PM
Hummer Authority

Viet Nam Vette is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies ,, Here's the latest as of last night at 8m. I was on the phone with GM "VOMS" and They are working on a plan to help me out. There going to contact the dealer today.

"Ted" the guy from GM said he has a plan.
He said that he will see if he can get authorization from GM to refund the $200.00 install fee. I would then order the 3 without marker lamps. This would enable me to get the H3 in and when the Roof Marker lights become available I would pay for install and submit the receipt to GM.

I would also pay the dealer up front when the H3 arrives as if the roof marker lamps are their.

I have to wait till 7:30 PM today to hear back from GM. Update later tonight.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:47 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3PAC
So in other words, they haven't even ordered your vehicle yet. Tell them to get hosed. I did my own search and found the exact vehicle I wanted in Maryland - about a 3-1/2 hour drive from where I live in PA. I got a great deal, did everything, including the financing, over the phone and on-line. The only options the vehicle didn't have were the marker lights and the nav radio. The dealer installed both and had the vehicle completely ready to go the next day. A very nice experience, thanks to Criswell Hummer in Gaithersburg, MD.

Don't torture yourself any longer, and don't give that greaseball dealer the chance to make any money from you. Go elsewhere. You'll be driving your new H3 in a few days!

Quote:
So in other words, they haven't even ordered your vehicle yet

That's what I thought. But here's the way it works as I was told... The dealer inputs the order on the puter on Tuesday..I think on the following day the odrer is either excepted or rejected based on parts availability. The dealer has to check every week to make sure the order and order # is still active.

The reason my order # was inactive is because it was rejected due to the marker lamps. When the dealer re-enterd it last week it went ACTIVE ..then for what ever it was kicked out because of the same thing ..marker lamps.

As far as shopping around goes..that could happen if I get pe-oded enough. I don't think I'm going to find what I want in my area. I might have to go out of state. Besides..It's a GMID deal...so money is short for the dealer. He's not likely to due much in the way of swapping stuff around.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:03 PM
Hummer Veteran

SNUGGIE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet Nam Vette
As far as shopping around goes..that could happen if I get pe-oded enough. I don't think I'm going to find what I want in my area. I might have to go out of state. Besides..It's a GMID deal...so money is short for the dealer. He's not likely to due much in the way of swapping stuff around.

A good dealer will work with you. I bought my H3 using GMS. The dealer had a 3 on the lot with chrome side steps, and chrome wheels. I wanted blk side steps, and non chrome wheels.

The dealer said no problem had them changed out in a day. He even pulled the invoice found the GMS price and credited me $$.

I have bought three cars using GMS. There are rules established on how the dealer needs to work with the buyer. All deals are subjected to a full audit by GM.

Also don't think the dealer is not making money on the deal (as all dealers will tell you). GM provides a kick back to the dealer for each GMS/GMID sale they make.

You might want to think about just making a few calls and see if you can get another dealer to work with you.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:31 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNUGGIE
A good dealer will work with you. I bought my H3 using GMS. The dealer had a 3 on the lot with chrome side steps, and chrome wheels. I wanted blk side steps, and non chrome wheels.

The dealer said no problem had them changed out in a day. He even pulled the invoice found the GMS price and credited me $$.

I have bought three cars using GMS. There are rules established on how the dealer needs to work with the buyer. All deals are subjected to a full audit by GM.

Also don't think the dealer is not making money on the deal (as all dealers will tell you). GM provides a kick back to the dealer for each GMS/GMID sale they make.

You might want to think about just making a few calls and see if you can get another dealer to work with you.

All good points. Problem is there are only 2 dealers in the south NJ area. One quoted me $600.00 more on a GMID deal then the one I'm with now and he's in Penna.

The second Hummer delaer in South NJ wouldn't even take the time to walk back in the dealership to get the keys to unlock the door on an H3 I was looking at. I wasn't ready to buy that day so he told me to come back when I was ready . This was 3 months after the H3 hit the market in 2006. So..you know I'm not ready to go back their.

Also ..even told me that the sticker price was the selling price. Of course as stated ..they just hit the market and the dealers were whoreing them.

So that mens a lengthy search out of state starting all over. Since my order was dated 8/01/06 ..I'm close to production once this is worked out. But just for S's & giggles I'll poke around...