H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 11-21-2009, 03:43 PM
Hummer Veteran

coach3rd is off the scale
Default HELP!! Wiper Module-Where is it located? 2005 H2 SUV

I need to know where this part is located. My wipers have a mind of their own and after researching the issue it seems I need to replace the wiper module. Also, what can I expect to pay for this? Any pics or drawings would also be helpful.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:18 PM
Hummer Authority

Easy Ed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HELP!! Wiper Module-Where is it located? 2005 H2 SUV

You can follow the pics posted here. http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=38537 to get to the module and then you may be lucky and just need to get the water out of the module like I did in this post. http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=29583 In that post someone mention $550.00 for the module when they took it in for repair but that was around 2007.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:25 PM
Hummer Veteran

Thanks Easy. I am guessing by the pics the module itself is connected to the motor just to the left of it? How does it come apart? Thanks again for the help. I hope I can fix it.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:43 PM
Hummer Authority

Yup, it is attached to the motor, unplug the two wiring connectors and if this attached pic is showing them all the module has four plastic "clips" that hold it in place. Three around the radius in the upper area of the pic and one in the lower left side of the pic.

Attachment 51811

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach3rd
Thanks Easy. I am guessing by the pics the module itself is connected to the motor just to the left of it? How does it come apart? Thanks again for the help. I hope I can fix it.

Last edited by Easy Ed : 01-27-2021 at 03:01 AM.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:10 PM
Hummer Veteran

Awesome! Thank you very much for the help. Off to the autoparts to get Black RTV and contact cleaner. Thanks Again Easy!!
Old 11-21-2009, 06:39 PM
Hummer Authority

Good luck, and I hope it fixes your problem, Ed

P.S. What I don't understand is that they had a recall for this but it was only the 2003 model year and about 13,358 trucks Mine was included in the recall but since I fixed mine I just stuffed the notice in the service manual

Make: HUMMER Model: HUMMER H2Model Year: 2003Manufacturer: GENERAL MOTORS CORP.Mfr's Report Date: SEP 08, 2008NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 08V456000 PE08042
NHTSA Action Number: PE08042 Component: VISIBILITY:WINDSHIELD WIPER/WASHER:MOTORPotential Number of Units Affected: 13358Summary:
GM IS RECALLING 13,358 MY 2003 HUMMER H2 VEHICLES. SOME OF THESE VEHICLES HAVE A CONDITION IN WHICH WATER CAN ENTER THE WINDSHIELD WIPER MOTOR MODULE. IF A SUFFICIENT AMOUNT OF WATER ENTERS THE MODULE, OVER TIME, THE FRONT WINDSHIELD WIPERS MAY WORK INTERMITTENTLY OR THEY MAY BECOME INOPERATIVE. Consequence:
IF THIS WERE TO OCCUR, DRIVER VISIBILITY COULD BE REDUCED, WHICH COULD RESULT IN A VEHICLE CRASH.Remedy:
DEALERS WILL INSPECT THE WINDSHIELD WIPER MODULE COVER, AND REPLACE THE WINDSHIELD WIPER MODULE COVER FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING NOVEMBER 2008. OWNERS MAY CONTACT HUMMER AT 1-800-732-5493 OR GO TO MYGMLINK AT HTTP://WWW.GM.COM/RECALL.Notes:
GM RECALL NO. 08243. CUSTOMERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV.

Last edited by Easy Ed : 11-21-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:54 PM
Hummer Veteran

Olfart is on a distinguished road

I had mine replaced under warranty on my H2 2004. They said the module and motor were one piece so both were replaced. Cost would have been about $600 incl labor
Old 11-21-2009, 09:58 PM
Hummer Veteran

Yea I dont understand how someone can have the same issue but THAT VIN is not included. I called my dealer and asked them about it and all they ever say is your vehicle VIN was not included in the recall or TSB. This is my second Hummer H2 and I have had issues with both. The first one was the speedo stopped working just after the warranty and they said that will be $650.00 to fix. Then the marker light leaked but I fixed those with RTV myself. Nothing to major just nit picky stuff that I feel they should stand by in a 60k plus vehicle. But we like ours. Big and safe.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:17 AM
Hummer Novice

todbusa is on a distinguished road

Ok about 1yr ago i had my onstar updated...at that time they replaced the cover on the wiper motor...or so they say...now 1mo ago my wipers start and stop when they feel like it...all of my washer goes out the back wiper...they said they would look at it...but they did the recall so they are not on the hook for this...