H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 11-20-2009, 04:31 PM
Hummer Professional

wingn69 is on a distinguished road
Default wiper hose location help

Hey guys I checked the search but didn't find my issue. I just had to have my windshield taken out and resealed water leaks around the windsheild.
think the hose came lose when the windshield was worked on I checked from the tank to firewall but I think the hoses have come lose from the wiper system, how do I get to the hoses to check to see if thats the probelm. I cant figure out how to get the air covers / molding off with out breaking something to check the connection to the nozzles. I am hobby wrench turner so keep it simple please. thanks
2006 H2 Slate Blue LUX with more chorme, K&N 77 Series Intake, Pirelli Scorpion ATR LT325/55R22, 22in polished chrome rims, Kenwood DNX-7200 w/ Garmin Navi, DVD, Bluetooth, IPOD,Rockford Fosegate Punch 10in P-1 Subs, Rockford Fosegate Punch P-300 amp,7" headrest monitors, Carbon Fiber Dash kit, 17 Flip down Monitor, Borla exhaust.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:19 PM
Hummer Authority

Easy Ed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: wiper hose location help

The fake air covers just pull off. Should be 4 spring clips (like the ones holding the center console in but larger), just get a good grip on them (the covers) and pull up. Remove the wiper arms by moving the small locking lever and sliding the arms off. The rest is more spring clips and "push retainers" and a couple screws. The wiper hose is on the passenger side.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:58 PM
Hummer Professional

Thanks for the help I will give it a try over the weekend.
2006 H2 Slate Blue LUX with more chorme, K&N 77 Series Intake, Pirelli Scorpion ATR LT325/55R22, 22in polished chrome rims, Kenwood DNX-7200 w/ Garmin Navi, DVD, Bluetooth, IPOD,Rockford Fosegate Punch 10in P-1 Subs, Rockford Fosegate Punch P-300 amp,7" headrest monitors, Carbon Fiber Dash kit, 17 Flip down Monitor, Borla exhaust.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:40 PM
Hummer Authority

Removing wiper arm is done by pulling up in the locking tab.
Attachment 51804

Pulling up locking tab.
Attachment 51805

Removing wiper arm, got to bend at a 90 degree, it helps.
Attachment 51806

Pulling off fake air intake.
Attachment 51800

Backside of fake air intake showing clips.
Attachment 51801

Fake air intake removed showing 1 of 2 screws to remove. (one will be under other side)
Attachment 51802

Passenger side of truck, just to the left of the windshield washer reservoir you can see 1 of the 2 push clips that needs removed, other will be on drivers side.
Attachment 51803

Got to pull up on the cowling to break loose the spring clips (4, I think) that hold it on just like the fake air intakes clips. Just take your time and you should be okay.
Attachment 51807

On the passenger side is where all the fluid lines come together.
Attachment 51808

Hope after all this you find the leak and can fix it and then reverse the whole process to put it back together. If you break one of the spring clips on the cowling, remove one from the fake air intake and use it to replace the broken one on the cowling. It is much easier to pull the fake air intakes to replace one of their clips. And just incase you do break one, just give me a holler, I bought a pack of them and would be glad to send ya what ya need clear over there in Sulzbach-Rosenberg, Germany

Good luck, Easy Ed

Last edited by Easy Ed : 01-27-2021 at 03:01 AM.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:49 PM
Hummer Veteran

Luv2Camp is on a distinguished road

If the company that replaced your shield caused this, have them come back out to fix!
Old 11-20-2009, 09:37 PM
Hummer Professional

Easy Ed, dude your the best thanks for the photos and step by step I think I just might be able to do this myself.

I would go to the repair shop and have them fix it but its a 250 km trip and a tank of gas just to reconnect some hose so if i can fix in my driveway I save some time and money.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:38 PM
Hummer Veteran

lvmyhmr is off the scale

Great pics Easy Ed! do you know of an anti-siphon valve that can be installed in the line to keep the washer from pumping on their own.

Got stuck in the snow for a couple of hours above Golden CO last spring and the driver side was low and it pumped the tank dry.

Sometimes it happens in Moab as well, I thought it was due to the heat, I certainly can not be the only one that has had this happen.

Thanks,
Gary
Old 11-20-2009, 11:29 PM
Hummer Authority

Depending on the year (2003) they had a recall because of a problem with the wipers running by themselves or the fluid running by itself till empty.

Recall notice (I already fixed mine) http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=35772 read the bottom of the post about the recall.

My fix before the recall
http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=29583

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmyhmr
Great pics Easy Ed! do you know of an anti-siphon valve that can be installed in the line to keep the washer from pumping on their own.

Got stuck in the snow for a couple of hours above Golden CO last spring and the driver side was low and it pumped the tank dry.

Sometimes it happens in Moab as well, I thought it was due to the heat, I certainly can not be the only one that has had this happen.

Thanks,
Gary
Old 11-21-2009, 01:29 PM
Hummer Professional

Easy Ed, You made my Christmas card list if you every come by Sulzbach-Rosenberg , German beir and bratwurst are on me buddy.

Took me all of 20 min and yes the hose was not connected at the Y Connection in your photo. you saved me some big euro buddy that would have been a wasted trip for that to be done at the shop.

but I will give my guy at the shop some S**t about it the next time I stop in about.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:26 PM
Hummer Authority

Glad to of helped and that you was able to save yourself some time and money and that all came out well

Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingn69
Easy Ed, You made my Christmas card list if you every come by Sulzbach-Rosenberg , German beir and bratwurst are on me buddy.

Took me all of 20 min and yes the hose was not connected at the Y Connection in your photo. you saved me some big euro buddy that would have been a wasted trip for that to be done at the shop.

but I will give my guy at the shop some S**t about it the next time I stop in about.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:45 PM
Hummer Authority

Gary, I re-read your post this morning and you are actually saying that because of the way/angle the truck sets the fluid is running out ?

I am not sure how it can do that, to me it would have to be one he!! of a angle for the fluid to find its way to the nozzels and that was why I made the post about the wiper module problem that is common.

If I mis-understood please let me know.

Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmyhmr

Thanks,
Gary