H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Photos of YOUR H3

Old 07-03-2005, 08:28 PM
Hummer Expert

RazM is an unknown quantity at this point

Here are a few pics of my H3, I've also included pics of the Eclipse Navi
Old 07-03-2005, 08:28 PM
Hummer Expert

Here are a few pics of my H3, I've also included pics of the Eclipse Navi
Old 07-03-2005, 11:04 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

RazM,

Looks great. I like the Eclipse.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 07-03-2005, 11:15 PM
Hummer Veteran

Hummer3 is off the scale

Thanks for the photos, I have not seen a Nav.

Nice
Old 07-03-2005, 11:46 PM
Hummer Expert

First Hummer is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RazM:
Here are a few pics of my H3, I've also included pics of the Eclipse Navi </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who did the install for you?
Old 07-04-2005, 01:48 AM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by First Hummer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RazM:
Here are a few pics of my H3, I've also included pics of the Eclipse Navi </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who did the install for you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dealer, I did research and specifically asked for that model Eclipse, they did a fantastic job
Old 07-04-2005, 03:43 PM

LasVegas is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by First Hummer:

Who did the install for you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dealer, I did research and specifically asked for that model Eclipse, they did a fantastic job </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Nice rig. Is there a reason you went with the Eclipse over factory Nav and what did they charge for the Nav?
Old 07-04-2005, 06:07 PM

shotbolt is off the scale

With the Eclipse system, can you use the XM antenna for the XM radio in the Eclipe (I assume you didn't give up the XM).
Old 07-05-2005, 05:17 AM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LasVegas:
Nice rig. Is there a reason you went with the Eclipse over factory Nav and what did they charge for the Nav? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I read that the factory Nav wasn't the best and going after market would be a better choice for the money. The Eclipse was highly regarded so that's what I decided on. I'm really happy with it. It's got great touch-screen controls, searching for locations by address or name is really smooth, AM/FM, plays CD's, DVD's, MP3's and most importantly has this really hot sounding chick talking out directions to you...
I'm considering adding a rear view camera since it also supports that. It cost roughly $2800 US dollars including install.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shotbolt:
With the Eclipse system, can you use the XM antenna for the XM radio in the Eclipe (I assume you didn't give up the XM). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm in Canada, and satellite radio just got approved here. I don't think the one I got supports XM, I know there is a version that supports Sirius, not sure about XM. I'm into MP'3 mainly anyway and CD/DVD audio.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:47 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the Eclipse is much better than the Gm factory Nav. Remember yo must have the nav disc in the Gm one for it to work and the updates are very expensive. I never liked it. Let us know how it performs
Old 07-21-2005, 07:56 PM

par is off the scale

RazM,

Which model Eclipse is that?
Does the nav work great or just so-so (like I've heard the Pioneer works)?
One more question, do all of the functions work when you are driving, or are many of them disabled unless you are parked with the parking break on (like the Pioneer navs)?
Old 07-24-2005, 08:08 PM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by par:
RazM,

Which model Eclipse is that?
Does the nav work great or just so-so (like I've heard the Pioneer works)?
One more question, do all of the functions work when you are driving, or are many of them disabled unless you are parked with the parking break on (like the Pioneer navs)? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey sorry for the late reply.
This is my first navigation system, so I can't compare it to any other. However, I can tell you it's a dream to use. Once you get to know what each button does (on screen and sides) it becomes second nature. Address search works great, but I really love the Point of Interest search. It's never been easier to find the nearest Wendys
The onscreen keyboard (to type in names, addresses, cities, etc) has a great feature where it automatically disables letters, only showing the letters that could possibly be used in the word you're typing. This helps streamline the input of names and avoids any mistypes. When you set a destination, a (sexy) female voice tells you directions as you approach turns/exits/etc.

When I was doing research into which nav to get, the overall consensus was that the Eclipse was the one to choose over the Pioneer. I have the AVN2454 (no sirius/ipod compatiblity)

As for restrictions, the screen will not show a DVD movie while the car is in motion, that's all I've found to be restricted.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:18 AM
Hummer Expert

H3 Hummer is off the scale

to bad you don't have the off road package to use it
Old 08-31-2005, 10:33 AM
Hummer Veteran

Pacey is off the scale

Interesting pics but it looks like the Nav does not fit perfectly in the Radio space. Looks like it needs a frame to match the dashboard. Anybody knows if these are available?
I am also thinking of putting a Kenwood ddx7025 into mine.