H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 03-27-2005, 12:32 AM
Banned

tower is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it me? Did I screw up the install. get a bad module or did I just not know that this is how it works?

When I let the sunroof stop itself (regardless of open or vent position), and I go to close it, I need to duble click the button to get anything to happen. Sme thing if I have had the vent open and click to close and let it stop. When I try to open, I need to double click. Is this just an issue with the logic of the circuit or do I have a faulty connection or module.

t~
Old 03-27-2005, 12:32 AM
Banned

Is it me? Did I screw up the install. get a bad module or did I just not know that this is how it works?

When I let the sunroof stop itself (regardless of open or vent position), and I go to close it, I need to duble click the button to get anything to happen. Sme thing if I have had the vent open and click to close and let it stop. When I try to open, I need to double click. Is this just an issue with the logic of the circuit or do I have a faulty connection or module.

t~
Old 03-27-2005, 02:51 AM

LasVegas is off the scale

No tower, that's not correct as you have discribed if I understand what you're saying. There are time you have to press the button twice. Let me think Do you have the convenient stops?? If it's doing it there, that may be correct. I don't have the convenient stops the manual talks about but there is one situation where I have to press the button twice. I can't remember and I can't check right now because my console is torn apart on another project. I'll check tomorrow when it's back together & let you know. I do know from the normal closed position I only have to press once to either vent, or open. I think if I stop it somewhere in between open & close and want to reverse the direction I have to press twice....I think. Let you know.
Old 03-27-2005, 03:18 AM

Trade you projects tower. Here's my latest. Tire pressure/temp in the middle, EGT (exhaust gas temperature) on the right, CHT (cylinder head temperature) on the left, & those two gauges are behind smoked glass. The lights above are air/fuel ratio indicators for each engine bank with a rocker switch to turn them off if they bug you. This is acutally photochop image, not the real install. I'm 80% through the modification & it's MAJOR work but will look better than the picture. Taking some real inginuity to make it all come together.
Attached Images

Old 03-27-2005, 04:40 AM
Banned

Wow! That looks awesome! I can't wait for the real photos. I like your Hummer Parking Only sign.

Yes, I have the 3 "incinvenience" stops. I guess GM figured I wasn't smart enough to let go of the buttom if I wanted the roof partially open. Doh!

My next big project involves lights and sirens.

Thanks,

t~
Old 03-27-2005, 04:43 AM

Sirens??? Can you elaborate? What kind of lights?
Old 03-27-2005, 05:07 AM

Doooohhh. Now I get the siren. Obviously based on your avatar you have something to do with emergency services. How dumb can I get.
Old 03-27-2005, 03:12 PM
Banned

No worries. What I really need in my truck are more sirens of the Greek Mythological type.
Old 03-27-2005, 03:33 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tower:
No worries. What I really need in my truck are more sirens of the Greek Mythological type. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That's sireeeens
Old 03-27-2005, 03:52 PM
Banned

LOL!
Old 03-28-2005, 01:48 AM

Well tower here's how far I've gotten so far. My air/fuel ratio lights will go above the console but they're on order & haven't got here yet. The gauge on the left is cyl head temp, center is tire pressure/temp monitor & on right is exhaust gas temp. That doesn't show up well in this picture because they sent me LCD black rather than color so I'll be replacing it and it will show up like the cyl head temp. What do you think so far?? Oh, this is bronze glass. When I replace the gauge it will be black glass.
Attached Images

Old 03-28-2005, 04:56 AM
Banned

VERY sexy! I'm trying to figure out switch placement. Is that glass custom fabricated?

I'm not crazy about how little room there is in that overhead console for switches. The waterproof switchplate that came with my diagnostic fuse/relay bloc is pretty tall. I will need to either install it below the IP to the left of the steering column, tilted slightly upward, on the overhead tilted downward or have half above and half below the lateral part of the cowl over the gauges. I’m thinking of building a short housing to sit atop that gauge cowl.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:02 AM

tower....that's actually 1/8" smoked plastic. I hand cut it. Just veery time consuming. The console is slightly curved & you can heat the plastic with a hair dryer & contour to fit. When I replace the egt gauge I'll use black smoke. This is bronze. Yes, the console is small & mine is as full as you can get it. No room left. When I'm done I think is will look pretty cool & functional.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:07 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

LV, that's pretty sweet. I can't wait to see the final pics and read about the install. BTW, that hair is still on your dash.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:16 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm not crazy about how little room there is in that overhead console for switches. The waterproof switchplate that came with my diagnostic fuse/relay bloc is pretty tall. I will need to either install it below the IP to the left of the steering column, tilted slightly upward, on the overhead tilted downward or have half above and half below the lateral part of the cowl over the gauges. I’m thinking of building a short housing to sit atop that gauge cowl </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
As big as H2s are there just isn't much room on the IP for additional gauges, switches, etc. And I hate to just add them in a space that doesn't look like it's designed for. You might post a pic of your switchplate and maybe we all can come up with some ideas. Is there a reason you have to be waterproof?
Old 03-28-2005, 05:17 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
LV, that's pretty sweet. I can't wait to see the final pics and read about the install. BTW, that hair is still on your dash. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The install is a bitch but I had to engineer as I went. And that hair still didn't come from my head.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:20 AM
Banned

Join Roxie and me in the chat room! Are you coming to Moab?
Old 03-28-2005, 05:56 AM
Banned

I think I lost the chat room link. The panel is about 5" tall, 7" wide and 3/4" deep. I'll post a photo in a second.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:02 AM

Yeah..lost you in the room
Old 03-28-2005, 07:14 AM
Banned

LVJ,

Here are the dimensions. Details at this URL:

http://www.tst-corp.com/pdfs/ttcs10.pdf
Attached Images