H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 09-27-2005, 12:42 PM
Hummer Expert

SteveRH is an unknown quantity at this point

What's everyone's take on XM vs Sirius...
I'm into heavy rock/metal/industrial and like XM's Squizz 48 and the internet station XM42 Liquid Metal - actually know one of the DJs (Ward Cleaver) - I think he plays my band...??

Anyone have an opinion on rock on Sirius?

I can tell you that FM radio in Dallas for current rock music is the pits..
Old 09-27-2005, 12:42 PM
Hummer Expert

What's everyone's take on XM vs Sirius...
I'm into heavy rock/metal/industrial and like XM's Squizz 48 and the internet station XM42 Liquid Metal - actually know one of the DJs (Ward Cleaver) - I think he plays my band...??

Anyone have an opinion on rock on Sirius?

I can tell you that FM radio in Dallas for current rock music is the pits..
Old 09-27-2005, 12:49 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

XM sent me a survey a while back to compare the channel lineup of the two. After looking it over, I still think that XM has a better lineup for me. I also listen to Squizz but I do bounce around a lot. One thing that will be cool with Sirius if they get it off the ground is their in car satellite TV service that is supposed to be out in the next few years. In my opinion, Stern single handedly saved Sirius. They were a virtual nobody compared to XM until he signed on and now they are getting more manufacturers to build them into aftermarket head units. Just my 2 cents.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 09-27-2005, 12:55 PM
Hummer Expert

Yeah - I figure Stern will be a bit of fun to listen to once he's on Sirius...
I'm also a big hockey fan and think it's cool that NHL is on XM... Now, I know XM has college football, but what about the NFL???
I was shocked in a good way when, in my first week, Squizz does football Friday where people call in to dog their opponent's teams and I heard a whole barrage of four letter words rip on the air... I almost had to pull over I was laughing so hard...
Old 09-27-2005, 01:14 PM
Hummer Guru

It is pretty cool. I love channel 150, the comedy station. Funny as hell and they can say anything they want on there. I did recently hear that there was a movement to sensor satellite radio I certainly don't understand how they can do that since it is a paid service.

I think they don't have NFL because of satellite TV. I had called my cable company a while back to see if they had some sort of NFL package since they do for college. They said that they could not offer it because the NFL has a contract with the satellite providers

I hate my cable company but satellite down here really sucks in the rainy season from what friends tell me.

Old 09-27-2005, 01:25 PM
Hummer Expert

I will have to check out 150... I keep making my girlfriend mad because I will take people for a cruise in the H3 and I put on the new age channel... That channel has some very deep sounding stuff - you can really hear the range that the 7 speaker Monsoon system provides on that channel...

On another note, if anyone else on here is a musician, you can download this form to submit music to XM Radio unsigned.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:39 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SteveRH:
On another note, if anyone else on here is a musician, you can download this form to submit music to XM Radio unsigned. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is very cool that they do that.

Old 09-27-2005, 01:53 PM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
That is very cool that they do that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
We're the kings of "Please play my band - you can have my music fof free"
We get played during Dallas Stars games, The nationally syndicated Lex and Terry Morning Radio Show, supposedly both Sirius and XM play us, we get played on the used-to-be-known-as Dallas Burn's radio show, The Ron and Don Radio Show, PC Wrestling and (fingers crossed) hopefully soon MTV...
Old 09-27-2005, 02:04 PM
Hummer Veteran

FJD is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
I think they don't have NFL because of satellite TV. I had called my cable company a while back to see if they had some sort of NFL package since they do for college. They said that they could not offer it because the NFL has a contract with the satellite providers

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't have either (yet) but my buddy has Sirius and he tells me they carry all the NFL games. Don't know if it requires that you sign up for some kind of NFL "package" for it though.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:35 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SteveRH:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
That is very cool that they do that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
We're the kings of "Please play my band - you can have my music fof free"
We get played during Dallas Stars games, The nationally syndicated Lex and Terry Morning Radio Show, supposedly both Sirius and XM play us, we get played on the used-to-be-known-as Dallas Burn's radio show, The Ron and Don Radio Show, PC Wrestling and (fingers crossed) hopefully soon MTV... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very cool. I will have to check out some of your music.

Old 09-27-2005, 02:36 PM

H3OH is off the scale

Hey Steve!

I agree, the rock/metal scene is dead since The Eagle went off the air. The Bone does an okay job at times, and the Edge doesn't know what the hell station it is any more.

Squizz is pretty much my fav on XM (TOGA!) and I do bounce over to the Boneyard for a bit for some old school rock.

Steve, I just watched the "You're So Cold" video and noticed the B.C. Rich guitar (Warlock, right?). My uncle use to work for them and worked with Lita Ford and Motley Crue on their guitars. I think you might know one of my buddies. He's in a Dallas band as well.

Back on topic...NFL games have rights to Sirius. XM has the better rock lineup...in my opinion. As you said, we get NHL and some of the college football, NASCAR, golf, etc. The XL comedy channel is great too!
Old 09-27-2005, 02:44 PM
Hummer Expert

Thanks for checking out the tunes!
That video features Nikki McKibbin from American Idol's first season... Mike (drummer) from Drowning Pool made a quick cameo (running up the stairs away from the clown).

I used to have a B.C.Rich endorsement via my last band, SKWEE-G.I had the wood colored warlock custom made within a short time before Bernie Rico's passing. He signed the back of the head stock, so it's worth a million to me. I love that guitar!!!
Old 09-27-2005, 04:13 PM

H3OH is off the scale

I thought she looked familiar!

Forgot to mention it in the last post, but my friend is in the band Greyskull.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:31 PM
Hummer Expert

XM DUDE is off the scale

Being a total XM fanatic, I have to chime in here.I totally love music so my vote goes to XM as XM has deeper play lists where SIRIUS is hits based and repeats their music alot.
I like hearing groups like Kings X and my brothers band The Offspring on Fungus and other channels.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:34 PM
Hummer Expert

Hell yeah - I dig Fungus too...
It's cool hearing The Ramones in regular rotation and other bands like The Dead Kennedys... That is bad ass that you are related to one of the guys in The Offspring!!!
I'm a fan!
Old 09-27-2005, 05:43 PM

H3OH is off the scale

I like hearing old Ministry too.

Something about Just One Fix wants me to drive fast. Oh yeah, I got a ticket to that song too...but that was a long time ago.

I love XM!
Old 09-27-2005, 06:16 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

I have tried both, and will stay with XM. In the beginning a better selection of hardware, less dropouts, and a better selection of music. However, a selection of music is subjective.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:32 PM
Hummer Expert

Thanks for everyone's input...
When it comes down to it, my H3 came with XM, so I will keep it...
The last thing I want to do is lose my door chime...

- Ministry still gets me pumped too... I'd say that Thieves or Stigmata comes on the radio and my gas pedal would be toast too!!!
Old 09-27-2005, 06:44 PM
Hummer Guru

bparker is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow I guess I am the odd ball here as I didnt like XM at all really. I thought the rock stations blew bunghole.

My H3 is in the shop as I type this post switching over to SIRIUS and also having some subs installed into the rear door.

From my perspective I liked Sirius alot more sue to the better rock selections.

Here is my listening taste though:

Korn
Rob Zomibe
Pantera
Metalica
Tool
Audio Slave
Etc..
Old 09-27-2005, 06:53 PM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Here is my listening taste though:
Korn
Rob Zomibe
Pantera
Metalica
Tool
Audio Slave
Etc.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Man, from the sounds of it, I need to send some of you guys a sampler CD or point you to some of our music online.. We fit right in there...
RIVETHEAD on Myspace
RIVETHEAD on Broadjam