H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Hey everyone,

If you had only one choice what would you improve: the interior design, the exterio
the interior design 9 24.32%
the exterior design 1 2.70%
the suspension / powertrain 22 59.46%
nothing at all 5 13.51%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2003, 11:24 PM

uniblack is off the scale

Hey everyone,

If you had only one choice what would you improve: the interior design, the exterior design, the suspension / powertrain setup, or nothing? Please also state reasons why.

Thanks,

[[uniblack]]
Old 10-26-2003, 11:24 PM

Hey everyone,

If you had only one choice what would you improve: the interior design, the exterior design, the suspension / powertrain setup, or nothing? Please also state reasons why.

Thanks,

[[uniblack]]
Old 10-27-2003, 12:01 AM

buddy is off the scale

I'd vote for an improved suspension with more ground clearance utilizing stronger, more durable components. The front suspension appears to be the weakest link and my main concern...on pavement and off pavement.
Old 10-27-2003, 12:59 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

As I posted on your other thread:

Hey, who are you and why are you asking these questions with in your first two posts?

I think you either 1)work for GM, 2)work for another manufacturer, 3)are involved with some left wing hate group, or 4) are involved with some other 4x4 group and want to use this info for fun at our expense.

Prove me wrong little fellow.

Black Lingenfelter Lux
Old 10-27-2003, 01:05 AM

KenP,

I can't push one over on you can I? To answer your question, I do work for General Motors. I'm interested to see how the buying public feels about the state of the H2 from a design and engineering standpoint. Any information you could add to this post is much appreciated.

Thanks,

[[uniblack]]
Old 10-27-2003, 01:51 AM
Hummer Messiah

Thanks.

Love the truck, but obviously wanted more power. I went just a smidge over the top.

More ground clearance would be nice and that darn banging key on the dash thing...

Black Lingenfelter Lux
Old 10-27-2003, 03:55 AM
Hummer Expert

Andy C is off the scale

I have done about 28000 miles now - no complaints really - until I read about the key banging on the dash - I had not even noticed that until yesterday - it is now driving me nuts - thanks fellas.
Old 10-27-2003, 04:12 AM

Larry is off the scale

I don't have an H2, but I do have an opinion none the less. Of course it is too early to make a definitive call, but it seems to me that MORE options are in order. According to the survey some feel just fine with the way it is. Others have strong opinions on what needs to be changed.

You can tell that for some the H2 is probably just one of many 4X4's that they have owned, and they know what they would have wanted differently. For others it is their first 4X4 and they don't know any difference. There is of course nothing wrong with either crowd of people. Pleasing both groups is certainly a challenge.

It is too late at night, and too early in the survey to type anymore.

BTW I too thought you had quite a good question for a newbie.

Larry

GOD made some men strong and other men weak, but this here keyboard makes us all equal.

I want to discover America one rock at a time.
Old 10-27-2003, 04:15 AM

argonaut is off the scale

If the keys banging drives you nuts, look at the steering wheel position in relation to the seat. It is off center... muwahahahaha

'03 H2 Sunset Orange No mods
'03 BMW M3 Convertible
'02 BMW M5
Old 10-27-2003, 04:44 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by uniblack:
KenP,

I can't push one over on you can I? To answer your question, I do work for General Motors. I'm interested to see how the buying public feels about the state of the H2 from a design and engineering standpoint. Any information you could add to this post is much appreciated.

Thanks,

[[uniblack]]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Until we have some sort of authentication I call BS!!
Contact Jason for verification and if Jason says you're legitimate then you could email some us privately for confidential feedback.
Old 10-27-2003, 04:47 AM
Hummer Expert

Andy C is off the scale

Argo - you Bastard
Old 10-27-2003, 06:03 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

KenP....what's the lucky lotto numbers bro??? Cause you're all dialed-in and on it!!!!

I have to entirely concur with Buddy...more clearance, stronger front-end...and how about stepping-up to speed with the G-box and giving us a front-locker too!!!! These are supposed to be the ultimate 4x4's???

I see stock Tacoma's going down the street with more clearance then we have...yet the passenger seat and general compartment sits much lower.

I've pulled-up next to raised Bronco's and other raised vehicles...and we sit about eye-to-eye, yet they have much more clearance under their belly. Even with my height-control "up"...I still drag this thing all over rocks and am banging-up my frame. MORE CLEARANCE!!!

Given the elevation hike upto the seats...we should have way more clearance under the belly!

I'm happy with the power and the interior more then meets my needs. Some side-molding to protect our doors would be nice too.
Old 10-27-2003, 11:44 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DRTYFN:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by uniblack:
KenP,

Thanks,

[[uniblack]]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Until we have some sort of authentication I call BS!!
Contact Jason for verification and if Jason says you're legitimate then you could email some us privately for confidential feedback.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll tell you all now that I am an employee of the General. For reasons of confidentiality I will not disclose my name to any of you. If you would like to e-mail me, please feel free to at: technofreak@ameritech.net. If you don't want to participate in this forum discussion that is fine. If you do, it would be much appreciated.

I thank all the people that have given feedback so far,

[[uniblack]]
Old 10-27-2003, 12:07 PM

Bad Dawg is off the scale

I echo Buddy's comments about the suspension (which goes for my 1 ton Dually Duramax too!). Also, the headliner flops up and down so much it has popped one of the hold down (hold up) buttons off. The whole thing is WAY too loose. Oh, and put a smaller bulb in the hi-beam indicator on the dash.

You can never have enough horsepower! Yellow LUX, Airforce intake, stainless headers and exhaust, Gobi rack and ladder, roof mounted off road lights, full wrap brush guard, rear light guards, outside tire carrier, Rancho 4" suspension lift, Ultra "EN4CER" 17x9 wheels, Goodyear 37/12.50R17 MT/R tires, removed side-step bars, 9.5ti warn multi-mount winch.
Old 10-27-2003, 12:24 PM

1BADH2 is off the scale

My 6.0 has good power but I think you should offer a diesel. I would have taken that over the gas any day.
Old 10-27-2003, 01:09 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

The power is lacking especially when considering the mpg is in the low teens. I have a 2001 XL Denali with a 6.0L and the difference in throttle response is remarkable even though the two weigh relatively the same. The Denali's rear end is a 3.73 which would make you think that the H2 should have more seat of the pants torque.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>More power
<LI>I solved the key fob problem by using a small ring and only 2 keys. The rest of me keys are on a separate ring.
<LI>Mine was built in July of 2002 and the headlights were almost dangerous they were so bad.
<LI>Wind noise from the plastic windshield shroud, the running lights, the antennas and other plastic items that flap are not indicative of a $50,000+ vehicle.
<LI>Overall too much plastic
<LI>Why not independent suspension all the way around?
<LI>Wiper arms need to take the pressure off of the blades when not in use
<LI>Stock tire pressure monitor (at least) and/or push-button inflate/deflate
<LI>Back-up sensors like on other SUV's in the same price range
<LI>....overall, just more attention to detail[/list]
I love my H2 and wouldn't trade it for anything, but there is plenty of room for improvement and I am sure other members will continue to list some of the gripes and complaints that have been discussed over the past year.

By the way, it would seem that this site and club needs to become the official Hummer H2 club and forum since it is leaps and bounds above the "official" hummer club.
Old 10-27-2003, 02:29 PM
Hummer Veteran

Doug is off the scale

Paragon says it well, just more attention to detail.
I will add:

headliner needs more support.
center storage lid should flip open towards the back and it needs padding.
cup holders need work, can never get that cup out easily. I actually cut slots in the rubber.

Doug
2003 Metalic Red H2
Adventure Series. w/navigation/Sat Radio/Winch
Old 10-27-2003, 05:31 PM

Centerfire is off the scale

Can never have to much power... Don't expect performance like my S2000, however it wouild be noce if it had a little better chance of getting out of it's own way.

PS. To you buggers who brought up the key clicking thing. Thanks.. never noticed until you mentioned.. now it bugs me too!

Mike
Old 10-27-2003, 07:22 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

Paragon summed it up well. The exterior I like. The plastic bumpers do not bother me except for the cheap extensions on the front. WTH is that about? Other items for me are:

1. Banging key FOB is just poor engineering
2. Lack of storage space
3. No place for change or hooks for sport coats.
4. Door panels and dash pieces are not even up to Yugo standards. This is a problem with all GM products except Cadillac cars seem to be OK.
5. More power needed. My Escalade is like driving a sports car compared to the H2 and it averages 2.5 MPG better.
6. Duramax as an option
7. Better NAV system and XM standard
8. Back up sonar sensors. How much could these cost? They can save lives and make backing up much less dangerous. I have the habit of waiting for the bells to warn me when I am about to ram something then I realize I'm in my car and not the wifes! This is going to get me sooner or later.
9. Tie rods are a joke. What were they thinking? Those look like the same rod ends for 1/2 tons.
10. Hi beam indicator way too bright as other have said.
11. Lights should be HID's.
12. Better looking AC vents.

I think most of us here would still buy another one. I only buy GM products and am brand loyal. I think GM products have improved over the last decade but your interiors still suck.

Most of my driving is on road. I did take my H2 off road a few times and it does everything I need it to.

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade
Old 10-27-2003, 08:40 PM
Hummer Messiah

Hey, I like the boobs....
I mean a/c vents

Black Lingenfelter Lux