H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-22-2003, 01:46 AM

Matt is off the scale

I've been reading this message board for the past week or so, trying to get a run down on what H2's are all about. Currently I'm driving and Land Rover Discovery (I know you hummer guys hate us Land Rover People) I still plan on keeping my disco but I'm thinking about getting an H2 I test drove one the other day and loved it minus one thing I couldn't see crap out of it, is the poor visibility something you get used too?

I would also like my h2 to be extremely off road capable, what pacakages do you guys recommend I should get with it, If I do decide to purchase one. Last question, what are some of the main problems that you guys run into with these monsters?

Thanks in advance,

Matt
Old 08-22-2003, 01:46 AM

Matt is off the scale

I've been reading this message board for the past week or so, trying to get a run down on what H2's are all about. Currently I'm driving and Land Rover Discovery (I know you hummer guys hate us Land Rover People) I still plan on keeping my disco but I'm thinking about getting an H2 I test drove one the other day and loved it minus one thing I couldn't see crap out of it, is the poor visibility something you get used too?

I would also like my h2 to be extremely off road capable, what pacakages do you guys recommend I should get with it, If I do decide to purchase one. Last question, what are some of the main problems that you guys run into with these monsters?

Thanks in advance,

Matt
Old 08-22-2003, 02:43 AM

trdvet is off the scale

Well if you want it to be "extremely" offroad capable you would have to cut out the IFS and put a straight axle under there but that would def. void your warranty. I would say keep your disco for a DD and just build a Tube buggy it would be cheaper and more capable offroad than a H2 could ever dream of. But if not, Fabtech and others sell lifts for the H2. Later
Old 08-22-2003, 10:10 AM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

First of all, I don't know of anyone here who "hates Land Rover People". We just dislike disrespectful/ignornant people. We had some LR guys come here from other boards and try to stir up trouble. Those guys didn't leave a good impression to say the least. On the other hand, we have some LR guys that hang out here and we have no problems with them. Go check out some of the photos section. Lots of LRs recently!

On the "extremely capable" topic - we can debate the pros & cons of IFS vs SFA all day. They both have their strengths and weaknesses. That said, and from what I've read here in the past year, the H2 is very capable. I highly doubt installing a SFA is going to make such a difference that it would justify the cost. I'd go with other mods like a small lift, larger tires, etc. But it all really depends on your view of extremely capable. For some its in the sand dunes, others its in the rocks. Gear your mods accordingly.

Don't think about it, go buy one!

- Dan

-------------------------------------------
SUT on order since 12/02 - 10 months to go!
-------------------------------------------
Old 08-22-2003, 10:26 AM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

I took my H2 off road and I was very impressed with its capabilities in stock form. As far as not seeing crap out of it, that will last for about 100 miles or so and then it will be like any car. Parking is very easy aslo one you get used to judging the front. When I first got my H2 I felt as if I was driving a Kenworth. Now it feels normal.

If you want one, now is a good time ot deal if you are looking for a price break.

Jason

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade
Old 08-22-2003, 11:35 AM
Hummer Professional

Ed G. is off the scale

What 89vette said was true for me too. You get used to it pretty quick, judging the front was the hardest part ( especially when your used to driving a Jeep TJ). Mine came with a backup sensor warning system that helps alot too.

Ed
Old 08-22-2003, 03:13 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

The back up alarm should be standard equipment. My wife's car has that and it is sweet. You just back up and there is no need to look. I am always afraid to back up because of my kids. Even if they leave a bike behind the Escalade, it will set the back up alarm off. What else would you expect for a 50K plus vehicle. They didn't even include a change holder in mine. They made a spot for it to slide in, but they just don't include it.

Jason

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade