H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 02-18-2005, 09:25 PM

JZ 97 SS 1500 is off the scale

Hey folks, we are looking for someone that might be interested in wanting to be a donor H2 for www.proturbokits.com and www.forcedinductions.com H2 turbo kit. Our system will be directed to customers wanting from 400rwhp to 900rwhp. If you are interested in doing this please contact us at 1-256-658-5798, or 1-210-657-2706. We would like to bring some extra horsepower to the Hummer crowd.

Jose
97 SS #1500 383 ProTurbo SFT PTE-88
95 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
94 Toyota Supra TwinTurbo 6spd BPU+..soon to be APU
88 Supra Turbo CT-26/T04
87 Buick Grand National PTE-70
Old 02-18-2005, 09:25 PM

Hey folks, we are looking for someone that might be interested in wanting to be a donor H2 for www.proturbokits.com and www.forcedinductions.com H2 turbo kit. Our system will be directed to customers wanting from 400rwhp to 900rwhp. If you are interested in doing this please contact us at 1-256-658-5798, or 1-210-657-2706. We would like to bring some extra horsepower to the Hummer crowd.

Jose
95 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
88 Supra Turbo CT-26/T04
Old 02-18-2005, 11:48 PM

CHarris is off the scale

I'm guessing you would want someone nearby to one of these businesses for the prototyping time period. What is in it for the H2 donor?

Thanks,

Cory
2002 Firehawk #966 (Traded in)
Old 02-19-2005, 12:08 AM
Hummer Veteran

PhillyPhreak is off the scale

Hello,
I beleive FI is doing an Elise right now, correct? Were are you located? Chicago?
Old 02-19-2005, 03:58 AM

The donor H2 will have to be taken to San Antonio TX. The donor gets the kit at a VERY nice price and labor is included with the price as well.

PhillyPhreak, no we are located in the southeast, but the location of the kits build and testing will be in San Antonio TX.

Jose
95 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
88 Supra Turbo CT-26/T04
Old 02-19-2005, 03:37 PM

CHarris is off the scale

Sounds like a good deal for someone willing to give up their H2 for a few weeks.

A friend of mine engineered his own turbo kit for a LS1 Camaro and finished it up yesterday. It drives awesome - very docile as long as he stays out of it and drives "nicely". Once he punches it, the tires shriek and it takes off hard. It will break the tires loose at 60 - 70 mph no problem. A set up like that with 3000 extra pounds (think H2) would be great, lots of power with out the traction issues (AWD is great for this).

For those seeking the most power, a turbo is the way to go.

Cory
Old 02-19-2005, 08:37 PM
Hummer Expert

drmiles is off the scale

I called and left a message.

Can you give more info on the configuration and setup. My truck finds its way off road a lot. Can't have anything that would not perform in the Mud and Water.
Old 02-19-2005, 09:03 PM
Hummer Expert

drmiles is off the scale

Check your pm
Old 02-20-2005, 03:49 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

That's a beautiful Buick. I had the same rims, just 3.5's on the front. We could pull small wheel stands from a light with good pavement thanks to the wrinkle wall Hosiers. I had a bunch of KB, Dutweiler and Lawrence Conley crap on it.

Some of what I can remember: Art Carr 400 with a 5k stall and brake, custom crane cam, aluminum heads, Giant Garrett (can't remember size) with wastegate dump out the fender, 2-286 fuel pumps, front mount intercooler, injectors, etc... Very quick on AV. I can't wait to see more pics of yours.
Old 02-20-2005, 05:15 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I have been reading about the "perfecting" of turbos recently. The near elimination of turbo lag allowing for power to show up lower in the RPM band. I even think they are showing up on some drag cars now with sounds as if they are going to be permanent.

The Squires system showed up here a few weeks ago and that's what got me to studying the subject. The Squires remote mount system reduces the heat issue and they can run smaller impellers which provides the boost earlier. In effect charging the the intake pipe even at idle but with electronic control allowing for fingertip control of the overall amount of boost.

It seems like with the turbos, they have overall created induction that can create tremendous more boost but keep it in check by using wastegates and electronic control. So, they have smaller impellers creating boost at a lower RPM and then able to control the top end of that boost using the wastegate/electronic control.

I am no expert, engineer, owner, tuner, etc but this stuff like this always intrigues me.
Old 02-20-2005, 09:29 PM
Hummer Professional

DH22G is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The donor H2 will have to be taken to San Antonio TX. The donor gets the kit at a VERY nice price and labor is included with the price as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so you want our truck for weeks then you are going to then SELL us the kit. maybe youd have a truck and a donor if you were giving it to us. since we are letting you tear our trucks apart!!! think about it
03 H2 White... too much to list
2003 Malibu Wakesetter VLX -READY FOR THE SUN
Old 02-21-2005, 01:53 AM
Hummer Professional

Fastest H-Town Realtor is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DH22G:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The donor H2 will have to be taken to San Antonio TX. The donor gets the kit at a VERY nice price and labor is included with the price as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so you want our truck for weeks then you are going to then SELL us the kit. maybe youd have a truck and a donor if you were giving it to us. since we are letting you tear our trucks apart!!! think about it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly what I thought...But I thought maybe I was being unreasonable. I feel so much better know knowing I'm not alone...group hug...

Have-08 Titan C/C,06 GCSRT-425FTLB & AWD, other junk..
Want-08 Viper, 06 M5
Old 02-21-2005, 03:59 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Hi PARAGON
I have talked to them and a guy they recommended in Dallas to R@D a kit for H2 for them. They do not have a design for a kit at this time for H2. I have the email somewhere from STS but, they got right back to me and asked Me to talk to the guy in Dallas. He has done some R@D for Pontiac and did write ups for some mags on that project and another project. It is very possible i may go with STS as the guy they want to R@D is very interested in doing it. He is talking to the STS marketing Dept. to see what they would throw in the deal as far as kit and Him furnish His labor and get some magazine time by writing an article for them and letting them place in what ever mag they want. He said He likes doing it as it is Promo He can not afford. He seems actually interested and I'm suppose to talk to Him this week again. So if everybody wants to hang on I'll be the test case and let everyone know what happens and what I think of it.

TAZ
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
I have been reading about the "perfecting" of turbos recently. The near elimination of turbo lag allowing for power to show up lower in the RPM band. I even think they are showing up on some drag cars now with sounds as if they are going to be permanent.

The Squires system showed up here a few weeks ago and that's what got me to studying the subject. The Squires remote mount system reduces the heat issue and they can run smaller impellers which provides the boost earlier. In effect charging the the intake pipe even at idle but with electronic control allowing for fingertip control of the overall amount of boost.

It seems like with the turbos, they have overall created induction that can create tremendous more boost but keep it in check by using wastegates and electronic control. So, they have smaller impellers creating boost at a lower RPM and then able to control the top end of that boost using the wastegate/electronic control.

I am no expert, engineer, owner, tuner, etc but this stuff like this always intrigues me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 02-22-2005, 01:37 AM

CHarris is off the scale

Hey guys,

Free install is the going deal for prototyping most vehicles for superchargers and turbo kits. Even Magnacharger went around offering an installed supercharger for the price of the kit only when the 2005's rolled out. They have to make sure that the kit definitely works for the platform in case GM made any changes that make the installation kit or instructions incorrect.
It's not a bad offer if you are close and they can finish in a week or pretty close to that.

Cory
Old 02-22-2005, 01:48 AM

CHarris is off the scale

I looked pretty hard at the STS kit myself before I settled on the Radix. The thing that worried me most is that the air intake is under the truck unless you do a remote mount for it with a lot of extra piping. They say that water intake has not been a issue with the STS, but I would be worried for you guys that get out there off road in the deep water. Most of the STS users that I have read about are running street trucks. Another STS concern is that you should upgrade your fuel injectors and fuel pump as they are not included in the kit. Tuning isn't included either.

The Radix costs more but that is because it has everything included.
Old 02-22-2005, 01:51 AM
Hummer Professional

DH22G is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CHarris:
Hey guys,

Free install is the going deal for prototyping most vehicles for superchargers and turbo kits. Even Magnacharger went around offering an installed supercharger for the price of the kit only when the 2005's rolled out. They have to make sure that the kit definitely works for the platform in case GM made any changes that make the installation kit or instructions incorrect.
It's not a bad offer if you are close and they can finish in a week or pretty close to that.

Cory </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well iam sorry but i have demoed my vehicle a lot and have a lot of sponsors and they would have it for maybe 3-5 day periods at a time but they would always give me the product free and install it too.. **** we are giving you our 55 thousand dollar trucks... you gotta be a little bit more appealing for a bunch of hummer enthusiasts who love their trucks... am i right guys???
03 H2 White... too much to list
2003 Malibu Wakesetter VLX -READY FOR THE SUN
Old 02-22-2005, 02:34 AM

CHarris is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DH22G:

Well iam sorry but i have demoed my vehicle a lot and have a lot of sponsors and they would have it for maybe 3-5 day periods at a time but they would always give me the product free and install it too.. **** we are giving you our 55 thousand dollar trucks... you gotta be a little bit more appealing for a bunch of hummer enthusiasts who love their trucks... am i right guys??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing to be sorry for but a turbo or supercharger is in the $3500 - $5000 range. I could see it for free if it was a couple hundred dollars or something. What products did you get for free?
Old 02-22-2005, 02:58 AM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

Would the kit be something like this?

http://www.bankspower.com/twin-turbo-products.cfm
Old 02-22-2005, 03:15 AM
Banned

Dogg, I don't know if Banks offers something other than the traditional turbo setup.

Theirs are designed around the 2000+ RPM range and we need some umph below that.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:21 AM
Banned

Cory, I don't necessarily back the Squires but their idea might carry some merit. I don't see why the intake would have to be "under" the truck. No matter what, you will have to pipe from the turbo to the engines intake. The piping is just a necessary evil, but this is what sparks the interest. How much gain you will have because of the heat loss with it being mounted down the exhaust as compared to just wrapping it all under the hood is the big question. Yeah you can get higher underhood temps but that can also be addressed separately.

Biggest issue for turbos on an H2, IMO, is going to be lag. If they can overcome the lag then it might be a good alternative to screws.