H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-23-2003, 05:21 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

As many of you have heard/read on this forum....the West Covina Hummer dealership was brutaly and deliberately attacked ealier today, August 22nd....a day that will forever live in infamy. Okay....maybe I'm being a bit overdramatic..but check it out:

The Environmental Liberation Front (ELF) was responsible for arson, destroying several Hummers. Here's the story: http://kcal9.com/topstories/topstori...234105700.html

I propose we do something. I'd like to suggest we gather at West Covina Hummer this coming Sunday Aug 24th at 10am. It's quite central for many of us and it would be great to see the group show some support for an idea.

It started out as a joke.....all of us showing up with candles, flowers, pictures of Hummers and create a mock-candle/flower vigil in commemoration of our fellow fallen Hummers. Just the kind of thing Californians would do. But then it grew into something serious.

I'd like to show support for our dealerships. A way of saying....."whether it's the Al-Queda or the ELF (Environmental Liberation Front)...we will not become victims or change our way of life on account of terrorism". We'll be there to show support and put it back in ELF's face that we are not affected and their extreme measures are both wrong and ineffective. Bring your flags!

I think we have a worthwhile message....that we stand united against terrorism in all forms. I'm quite certain the media may cover this to some small degree. I've spoken with some members of our club and feedback is very positve.

Tomorrow (Saturday) I will confirm with the dealership as to their wanting us to do this. Please keep tuned to this thead or contact me directly

Steve Homeinsulation@aol.com

This is an issue of the environmentlist man trying to suppress and keep the Hummer man down.

Sidebars & steps can be left on for this event!
Old 08-23-2003, 05:21 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

As many of you have heard/read on this forum....the West Covina Hummer dealership was brutaly and deliberately attacked ealier today, August 22nd....a day that will forever live in infamy. Okay....maybe I'm being a bit overdramatic..but check it out:

The Environmental Liberation Front (ELF) was responsible for arson, destroying several Hummers. Here's the story: http://kcal9.com/topstories/topstori...234105700.html

I propose we do something. I'd like to suggest we gather at West Covina Hummer this coming Sunday Aug 24th at 10am. It's quite central for many of us and it would be great to see the group show some support for an idea.

It started out as a joke.....all of us showing up with candles, flowers, pictures of Hummers and create a mock-candle/flower vigil in commemoration of our fellow fallen Hummers. Just the kind of thing Californians would do. But then it grew into something serious.

I'd like to show support for our dealerships. A way of saying....."whether it's the Al-Queda or the ELF (Environmental Liberation Front)...we will not become victims or change our way of life on account of terrorism". We'll be there to show support and put it back in ELF's face that we are not affected and their extreme measures are both wrong and ineffective. Bring your flags!

I think we have a worthwhile message....that we stand united against terrorism in all forms. I'm quite certain the media may cover this to some small degree. I've spoken with some members of our club and feedback is very positve.

Tomorrow (Saturday) I will confirm with the dealership as to their wanting us to do this. Please keep tuned to this thead or contact me directly

Steve Homeinsulation@aol.com

This is an issue of the environmentlist man trying to suppress and keep the Hummer man down.

Sidebars & steps can be left on for this event!
Old 08-23-2003, 09:52 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

WEST COVINA SUPPORT RALLY

THE EVENT IS A "GO"....just got off the phone with the dealership:

THE OWNER OF THE DEALERSHIPS WORDS: "GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR GROUP. IT WOULD BE AN HONOR TO HAVE YOU......PLEASE COME, BRING YOUR HUMMERS, I WILL MAKE ROOM FOR YOU ON MY LOT. THIS IS GREAT, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!!!!!"

This event is ON. West Covina Hummer dealership. tomorrow 10am 1900 East Garvey Ave, South West Covina, CALIF 91791

We have confirmation that CBS, NBC, ABC, Fox, KCAL9 and several other medias will be covering this event.

What to bring: do not wear army fatigues or anything militant. Look American Pie, bring your flags, bring your smiles. Forget the candles, flowers & mock-vigil-thing......bring any sings you want to make, but nothing stupid.

GOOD SIGNS:

STOP THE E.L.F. VIOLENCE"
"E.L.F. COMMITS ARSON"
"THE E.L.F. ARE TERRORISTS"
"TERRORISM WILL NOT BE TOLERATED"

BAD SIGNS:

"We declare jihad on ELF", Screw them, etc.

We must look good: the eyes of our NATION are watching us!!!!!!! We are representing more then just our own group....we are Americans rallying our support for community, dealership and the American way of life. This may be your last chance to fulfill that crazy 60's hippie protest movement thingy you've always dreamed about....but we're the good guys now!!!!

Uh...no tie-dy shirts please.

More details as they come in. Tell a friend, we need numbers, Hummers and YOU!!!!

- Steve
Old 08-23-2003, 10:10 PM

HeeHaw is off the scale

I'm there. I have notified the WC PD for the event. Have gun will travel........

HeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwww
Old 08-23-2003, 10:29 PM

Kevin W is off the scale

Wish I could be on that coast to see it and be there to help support! Run over a few ELF's for me, and spray paint something nice on their faces while you are at it.

Kevin

2003 Pewter H2, Tire relocator, painted hard tire cover, billet gas cover, MC2 chrome hood handles, stainless bumper letters, 15% tinted front windows,pioneer nav/dvd, xm sat, headrest monitors, tv tuner, defenderworx hood latches, side vents, and marker bezels.
2003 Pewter H2, Tire relocator, painted hard tire cover, billet gas cover, MC2 chrome hood handles, stainless bumper letters, 15% tinted front windows,pioneer nav/dvd, xm sat, headrest monitors, tv tuner, defenderworx hood latches, side vents, marker
Old 08-23-2003, 10:52 PM

H2HIGH is off the scale

See you there, Steve.

Rudy
03 yellow with 14 inch BulletProof Suspension 44inch SuperSwapper Boggers. Kodiac fold down steps, full chrome undercarriage, Painted trim. Billet Hood handles,floor inserts,hood latches,air vent. 4 tv monitors in headrests and in visor, DVD player, TV Tuner. More mods to come.
03 yellow with 14 inch BulletProof Suspension 44inch SuperSwapper Boggers. Kodiac fold down steps, full chrome undercarriage, Painted trim. Billet Hood handles,floor inserts,hood latches,air vent. 4 tv monitors in headrests and in visor, DVD p
Old 08-23-2003, 10:54 PM

HeeHaw is off the scale

Kevin, its an 8 hour flight. Com'on! Lets do it. What the hell else do you have to do?

HeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwww
Old 08-24-2003, 12:01 AM

NCHummerman is off the scale

Steve,

How many Hummers do you have going so far ? Wish that I could be there. but, it is a 6 hour drive each way ... sorry .... I have confirmed 5:30 dinner plans in SF tomorrow ....

Good luck and I really hope that you get some Nat'l news coverage ...

Michael
---
Pewter Hummer H2
Northern California

www.zootsuitstore.com
------------------------------------
Northern California

www.zootsuitstore.com
------------------------------------
Old 08-24-2003, 02:15 AM
Hummer Authority

Albie is off the scale

Steve I'm 95% in. Got the In-laws in.
Old 08-24-2003, 02:40 AM
Hummer Veteran

H2 TOIE is off the scale

See you there

Dan
Old 08-24-2003, 02:47 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Okay....here's the deal:

I just put this idea together late friday night and could not confirm it until today (Saturday) due to wanting to get the dealers "okay". My point is...this is short notice!

Unforutnately.....about 1/2 my club gets their email at work...so that means we're cut down to half the group even knowing about it. Of the half that are aware, some already have plans and can't make it. Bottom line: I'm concerned about turn-out.

I don't really know what to expect, but we've got lots of media coming and at least 14 Hummers confirmed for sure. While 14 sounds small, it looks larger when packed into a parking lot. I'm hoping for more. If we had more notice I could guarantee many many more. At least Rudy will be there, and he counts as 5 Hummers due to his size! (Thanks Rudy!)

Oh well...it is what it is! GM reps are going to be there and we've got confirmed media by national news networks. The whole incident got national coverage, let's hope this piece, which is connected, gets similar coverage!

I also plan to demand:

1) the return of the drive-in movie theatre
2) the return of 8-track casssette tapes
3) the abolishment of the metric system!

Just kidding. Give me strength not to choke in front of national television!
Old 08-24-2003, 02:48 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Thanks Dan.....good deal!!! Make that 1 more!

I'd also have several other H1's that could make it...but they're in the shop! Seriously! We've got 2-3 sickies out. It's.....it's an H1 thing.
Old 08-25-2003, 07:00 PM
Hummer Authority

Albie is off the scale

Just got this on the wire

message: I just wrote a book called "The Cost of Being Sick" on the
riseing cost of health care in the US. I would just like to point out
something to the Eco-vandals that the bigest threat to our enviroment
and to
the us economy is overeating not owning a Hummer.
> 60% of the US is fat from eating to much food, overeating results in
over
farming killing topsoil, ecosystems etc. the cost of treatment of the
problem is 1.7 trillion. Bottiomline don't talk about gas hogs if you
are a
food hog.
>
> PS I am buying a H2
>
> Thanks
>
> Nicholas Webb
Old 08-25-2003, 07:30 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

.......so by having our own home-garden we pretty much compensate for having H2's?
Old 08-25-2003, 09:35 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Albie, this is why I started a diet food business. I am here to save the planet.
Old 08-25-2003, 09:54 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Jason,

After seeing myself on tv....I'm back on the diet-wagon: set me up with some good stuff that won't cause heart-valve failure or keep my up all night!!!!

hook a fat-boy up!!!!!!!
Old 08-25-2003, 09:58 PM

Zyx5432 is off the scale

Well, what happened?

How was the turn out?

What was the reaction by the media, onlookers, the ELF, etc.?

Curious minds want to know...

Nevermind. I got ahead of myself and didn't see the other post with pics.

Excellent work.

[This message was edited by Zyx5432 on 08-25-03 at 05:09 PM.]
Old 08-25-2003, 11:49 PM
Site Admin

Jason has disabled reputation

You guys are all over the place.

Everyone I know is sending me the AP story about your rally. Then I run out to the store, flipping aound the am dial, some joker-dj I never heard of before is talking about you all!

Very impressive, wanted to call up the radio show and tell them how I know you all - "Those are my boys (and girls)!"

However, I opted not to. Way to make a stand!

Jason