H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 06-02-2005, 01:48 PM

angelus is off the scale

Finally being able to see the chrome appearance package, especially the door handles, I can't believe how cheap and plastic they look and feel. Since my H3 is alread in route I was wondering if anyone knew if the door handles could be replaced with the regular ones. Waiting to hear back form the dealer about this but I thought I would ask the experts here.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:48 PM

angelus is off the scale

Finally being able to see the chrome appearance package, especially the door handles, I can't believe how cheap and plastic they look and feel. Since my H3 is alread in route I was wondering if anyone knew if the door handles could be replaced with the regular ones. Waiting to hear back form the dealer about this but I thought I would ask the experts here.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:28 PM
Hummer Professional

DeLeon is off the scale

Wow.. are they really that bad?! I'm getting mine without the chrome appearance package but I wanted to get it as a "dealer intalled" option... I really like the look of the chrome.

Hey Angelus, perhaps we can trade? I live in El Centro, CA byt I can drive to LA :-)
Old 06-02-2005, 02:32 PM

RiverRacerX is off the scale

I want the chrome too, for the handles and roof racks. Does it feel any different than the regular plastic ones? I don't expect them to look and feel like billet. As long as the LOOK shiny!

http://riverracerx.com/images/mb2/up...4-h2sut_av.jpg
Waiting for a real one....
Old 06-02-2005, 02:40 PM

angelus is off the scale

Maybe it's just me but they feel plastic kindof like they could come off with wear over time. But it could just be me or I just was playing with ones that were not put on tight. The regular door handles don't feel like they will come off. Have to say the chrome wheels to look sweet.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:10 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't want to offend anyone getting the chrome package, but I personally think it sucks! I was able to drive a LUX model yesterday and those handles/ mirrors look way cheap with the chrome. I ordered mine without the chrome and I'm glad. I also drove an Adventure package and it seemed to handle better in the corners too. When parked next to each other, the ADV looks a little bigger with those tires. I have driven H2's for over ayear now, and I know they aren't racecars, but I was somehwat dissapointed with the performance when you step on the gas. I hope that a SC becomes available soon. The adv. seemed to have more power than the LUX for some reason. That sunroof- OMG- looks huge in there. I also liked the interior quality and seat comfort. I did not like where the rearview mirror was though. It was mounted very low on the windshield. That will have to be raised for sure. the stereo (Monsoon) sounded great. Interior road noise was good in my opinion too.
So, after driving this truck, I cannot wait to get ours!
Old 06-02-2005, 03:42 PM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Guy is off the scale

I'll agree, the feel of the chrome isn't spectacular -- but how many people judge your truck by feeling? Most of the time, looks are more important, and if you want the 'appearance' of having chrome, the 'chrome appearance package' is right for you. If you want something that feels a little more durable but doesn't have the chrome look, the stock handles and mirros may be better. Keep in mind if they did start to peel (which I don't expect) that would be under warranty.

http://www.hummerguy.net
Old 06-02-2005, 10:51 PM
Hummer Professional

killian is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Finally being able to see the chrome appearance package, especially the door handles, I can't believe how cheap and plastic they look and feel. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ok, so it's not just me. I was saying something like this about the chrome package earlier.
Hey Angelus, did they seem about 3/4 the weight of the regular ones?
Old 06-02-2005, 11:31 PM
mstams

I haven't seen the chrome handles -- but just from the sounds of things, I would advise to wait and get aftermarket chrome handles. There are tons of them available for the H2, so I'm sure they'll make them for the H3 as well. Just a thought...
Old 06-03-2005, 02:18 AM

angelus is off the scale

Yes, they did seem lighter than the regular handles.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:27 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I had a chance to see a couple of H3s last night. Yep, the chrome handles feel very light and like you could snap them off if you pull too hard
Old 06-03-2005, 03:29 PM

RiverRacerX is off the scale

Saw one finally last night as well. I still like the chrome handles and the chrome package in general. Lighter, maybe, but felt adequate to me. Unless you go with billet, which should be available from SMA at some point.

One thing I did notice is they get fingerprinted pretty bad. Gonna have to carry a soft rag to keep them sparklie!

http://riverracerx.com/images/mb2/up...4-h2sut_av.jpg
Waiting for a real one....
Old 06-03-2005, 10:50 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Well, I went to go get in my H2 this morning and the handles felt kinda cheap. Never thought about it before this thread, I don't think. So they may not be as bad as they appear. The "pull" on them are much lighter than the H2 though.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:56 PM
Hummer Authority

wannabeH3 is an unknown quantity at this point

i showed an h3 to my gf yesterday and she said the same thing about the chrome, and how cheap it looked... pretty much everyone is against me in getting this rig... i think i just need new friends tho!