H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 07-09-2005, 10:56 PM

FastGuy68 is off the scale

Finally went down and test drove the H3 today and got to take it on the obstacle course at Des Moines Hummer also! I thought I was going to have to do the normal "sales job" on my wife to get her on board but I think she likes it more than me!! When I told her I was thinking about selling my "05" Ram SRT-10 and ordering an H3 she REALLY liked the idea then. I have my GMID cert # already and confirmed with the sales manager that they would honor that pricing if I order one. Now I just want to talk with a few people next week to find out how long it will be before I can get a turbo or blower for it. It would suck to go from 500 H.P. to 220 H.P. no matter what!!
Old 07-09-2005, 10:56 PM

Finally went down and test drove the H3 today and got to take it on the obstacle course at Des Moines Hummer also! I thought I was going to have to do the normal "sales job" on my wife to get her on board but I think she likes it more than me!! When I told her I was thinking about selling my "05" Ram SRT-10 and ordering an H3 she REALLY liked the idea then. I have my GMID cert # already and confirmed with the sales manager that they would honor that pricing if I order one. Now I just want to talk with a few people next week to find out how long it will be before I can get a turbo or blower for it. It would suck to go from 500 H.P. to 220 H.P. no matter what!!
Old 07-10-2005, 02:27 AM

jkH1+H2=H3 is off the scale

Hello, you know, I am getting sick of people thinking the H3 lacks power ??? bla, bla. 500hp vs. 220 hp. The H3 with advent pack out side and lux inside, has great get and go on highway much better than my XL7. I think the hummer folks did there homework. Well if you miss something in the H3 that I'm not getting? well that's your problem, Your Just not Hummer People. Stick to your Fords, Chevys, Dodges, and Stop complaining, life is short, enjoy it, what ever your driving.!!!
Old 07-10-2005, 03:05 AM

Whoa.....who pissed on your cherios this morning pal? If you think the H3 does not lack power then good for you! Clearly if you had ever owned anything with more than 100 H.P. you would understand what the hell I am talking about here!! You need to re-read my post and tell me where I am "complaining".....I simply stated I would not want one as is.

"Your Just not Hummer People. Stick to your Fords, Chevys, Dodges, and Stop complaining"

WTF?? I just looked at your other posts on the site and all I can say is you clearly don't know ****!

Other than that, feel free NOT to reply to any of my future posts on this site again!
Old 07-10-2005, 04:17 AM

H3 Buyer to be? is off the scale

Fastguy, get used to it there are too many members her that know you and everything about you and have nothing better to do than simply try to piss you off. I had a H3 for 3 weeks, and sold it. I was accused of being a dealer or a aftermarket parts sales person. I am neither, I sold the truck because the lack of power - I went and bought an H2 SUT.
Old 07-10-2005, 04:52 AM

firm is off the scale

lack of power, my @ss. It's got plenty of power.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:31 AM
Hummer Expert

First Hummer is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by firm:
lack of power, my @ss. It's got plenty of power. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Firm and Jk, I agree with you guys about the engine.I have had mine for 5 weeks now and have no issues with the 220hp getting onto the highway and passing people.Its an SUV for crap sake.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:52 AM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

My feelings are if you want acceleration buy a GTO or Corvette. If you want to blast through creeks and go up trails in comfort inside, that would tear most vehicles apart get a Hummer. I drove mine through the mountains on I 70 at 9,000 foot elevations in Colorado and had no problems maintaing 70 up grades and on a flat Kansas stretch I saw 93 mph creep up on the speedo, which is plenty fast for a vehicle capable of going through deep snow and mud. I think a lot buy the H3 for the Hummer image and just use it as a highway cruiser and never have the real fun these things are made for in the woods! They're missing a lot!
Old 07-10-2005, 12:00 PM

silverbrick is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FastGuy68:
Finally went down and test drove the H3 today and got to take it on the obstacle course at Des Moines Hummer also! I thought I was going to have to do the normal "sales job" on my wife to get her on board but I think she likes it more than me!! When I told her I was thinking about selling my "05" Ram SRT-10 and ordering an H3 she REALLY liked the idea then. I have my GMID cert # already and confirmed with the sales manager that they would honor that pricing if I order one. Now I just want to talk with a few people next week to find out how long it will be before I can get a turbo or blower for it. It would suck to go from 500 H.P. to 220 H.P. no matter what!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey FastGuy68: It's your truck, do what you wanna do with it!!! BTW, you need to post some pics,...and welcome to the H3 community.
Old 07-10-2005, 12:42 PM

Jersey Guy is off the scale

Your not the only one trading in a fast vehical I am traded in my 03 SVT Cobra 440Rwhp last week for a H3 that is due on the 13th Im done with insane speeds of 150+ I need to settle down now LOL. After I test drove the H3 for 16 miles including a steep mountain road which had no problems going up I was happy with the performance.Yes I will get smoked by Yukons ect. but thats not the reason I want this truck im sure they will come out with a supercharged one thats if you want to wait 2 years for it and get 10 miles to the gallon if you want speed and a suv get the DURANGO with the Hemi just remember off road and in the snow you will be no match against the hummer H3
Attached Images