H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 08-10-2003, 05:29 PM
H2 Club Houston Chapter Founder

BADRAP is off the scale

Well I tried to uninstall the Granatelli Diablo porgrammer from the H2 and once again I get the REDUCED ENGINE POWER on the display and this time I got SERVICE 4WD, and it would not do anything. I had to turn off motor, reinstall the programming again to get it to run right, then I had to go thru the DTC codes and wipe those out, then make sure everything functioned properly... What is up with that? I saved all the stock info so that in case something like this happened I could just uninstall and now it seems as if I can not take out the programmer for fear that the H2 will not run right and then the dealer will not take it back... What to do???
Old 08-10-2003, 05:29 PM

BADRAP is off the scale

Well I tried to uninstall the Granatelli Diablo porgrammer from the H2 and once again I get the REDUCED ENGINE POWER on the display and this time I got SERVICE 4WD, and it would not do anything. I had to turn off motor, reinstall the programming again to get it to run right, then I had to go thru the DTC codes and wipe those out, then make sure everything functioned properly... What is up with that? I saved all the stock info so that in case something like this happened I could just uninstall and now it seems as if I can not take out the programmer for fear that the H2 will not run right and then the dealer will not take it back... What to do???
Old 08-11-2003, 03:39 AM

whipplecharged is off the scale

Did you pull the fuse out when doing the unistall of the programmer. I do know at times when installing them that you will get reduced engine and sometimes other codes but not when taking it out. What else do you have done to the H2?
Old 08-11-2003, 09:51 AM

BADRAP is off the scale

I have not done anything else to this H2. It is all stock except for the computer. I am going to talk to Granatelli today and find out what the reverse process is and see if I did something wrong. I do not have the manual as my programmer did not come with one (was left out of box I guess) so I have done all this by experiment. Not sure about having to remove fuses to uninstall. We shall see...
Old 08-11-2003, 03:57 PM

Lil Devil is off the scale

all programmers need perfect current to work properly. intalling and un-installing is the same thing. when you install you are flashing the ECU with a new program. when you are un-instlaling you are still flashing the ECU with the stock program.

all electrical devices should be turned off. onstar is typically a culprit and strongly suggested that fuses be removed in order to minimize the risk of fluctuations in the electrical system.

my guess is there was a spike or dro pin voltage and you got a bad ECU burn. saw this dozens of times using a superchips programmer on Chevy trucks.

Good Luck!

----------------------------------------------------------
2002 Vette; Vortex Intake, Vortech S/C, Stage II heads, comp cam (220/220/114/.581), 3.90 gears, 14 inch cross drilled rotors, 170 stat, NGK TR6, B&M Ripper Shifter, Autometer Boost & Fuel pressure gauges on a-pillar, Hotchkis Sway Bars, HRE 543 wheels (F:265/35 R:295/35), Z06 titanium exhaust, RK LT headers, Magnaflow x-pipe, Programming by Morgan Motorsports, 5% tint, AA Frame & Rocker Savers, TB Bypass, Lowered 2", Custom Audio;570 RWHP Dyno Here

2003 H2; 37 inch tires, Manik Off-Road pkg., Airaid Intake, Custom Audio