H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-14-2002, 11:35 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Jason,
Do you think you could get Hummer to read this board and post accurate answers to H2 owners' questions? I know everyone of us would greatly appreciate it.
Old 12-14-2002, 11:35 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Jason,
Do you think you could get Hummer to read this board and post accurate answers to H2 owners' questions? I know everyone of us would greatly appreciate it.
Old 12-16-2002, 11:13 AM
Site Admin

Jason has disabled reputation

in the past, at that point they did not want to offer thier input into the forum. It is quite possible that I did not get in contact with the appropriate person and he/she was just blowing me off.

I will be sure to give it another shot, as I think with all of your help, we have built up a pretty strong, formidable community here.

I will keep you posted ...
Old 12-16-2002, 11:38 AM
Hummer Expert

Texas Red is off the scale

Good idea Jason. If you can quote them some statistics from the Forum, i.e. members, visitors, and posts, that may get their attention.

Jim
Red H2 in Texas
Old 12-16-2002, 08:44 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

I'm sure they're watching. On the other list (Bob's H2ml)...we never hear anything from "Big Brother" and have the very same question about AMG/GM watching and taking notice. It is my thought that they want us to feel unobserved...in order to get a completely open consensus.

Let me also add this: when I posted that I was to be interviewed by CBS and the results broadcasted NATIONALLY....it took about 2 hours before a nice lady at Hummer called me on the phone and gave me all sorts of advice about how to deal with the media. She also 'shared' with me some popular answers to common questions. They found me...I didn't call them. You do the math!

If you take a look down the center air-vent you'll notice a shiny little lens looking out at you. Notice the size of the microphone overhead....kinda big for just ONE microphone. The extra antenna on the roof?

Oh yeah...they're keeping tabs, making a list, checking it twice. By the way...Mac...welcome back from your "business trip". [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2002, 09:07 PM

mpetrich is off the scale

Hey Steve,
I received an email from Bob (from the other H2 forum) re. the two H2 forum. In the past I have sent Bob a few email re. the H2ML and he has always been very nice to me and answered all my questions. But, at least in my reading, there seems to be some sort of "riff" between a few members of this forum and a few members of H2ML. Do you know anything about this? The reason I ask, and being in the spirit of the holiday season, it would be great if everyone used one board (or both) since that would equate to more information for everyone to use. Any insight/ideas would be appreciate.
Thanks,
Matt
Old 12-16-2002, 09:16 PM
Hummer Expert

I read both boards (Forums) and I haven't seen a hint of a riff between the two. Jason and Bob have coordinated efforts, cross-linked to each other's forums, and decided to move forward continuing both boards in a spirit of cooperation.

Now, of course I can't speak for individual members who may have a preference for one over the other.

Jim
Red H2 in Texas
Old 12-16-2002, 09:46 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

There is absolutely no riff whatsoever....both forum administrators have gotten along very nicely and no friction has been apparent.

There are certain people on the H2ml that do not get involved over here AND there are people over here that don't seem to post over there. It would seem to come down to preference and computer availability. A few people can just send & receieve email when they're at work...so for these few, the email base is really their only choice.

As I see it, both forums have their pros and cons. Consolidation is not likely on...account of personal preferences and 'what-not'. Maybe it's like the H1 and the H2....we need both, BUT we don't need another forum beyond that.
Old 12-16-2002, 09:55 PM

Hi and thanks for the input. I don't know if I would say that there is "no riff whatsoever" based on the email that I received from Bob or even a threaded discussion group on the H2ML titled "the other H2 forum". But, if the general consensus is that everything is cool, great, I was just in the "wanna fix the world" kinda mood...
[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2002, 12:06 AM

Mango is off the scale

So where do I find this other forum??? thanks

Mango

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Old 12-17-2002, 12:18 AM
Site Admin

Bob and I have contacted each other on numerous occassions, I would even say that we help each other out on a couple of instances.

There was a time when we decided to "join forces." Where I would have a link on my site to the H2ML and he would have a link on his to this forum. Not more than a week later, he told me that he was unsure of the future of the H2ML. I did not feel comfortable sending "my visitors" to a service that may not last, so we pulled the plug on the partnership.

Since then, it appears that the H2ML is alive and kicking, which I am happy about. Plus, it now seems that he is working on a web-based forum as well.

I obviously can not speak for all the members of each of the forums, but Bob and I are cool.

As far as the email regarding "the other H2 forum" (this one), I would like to see it. If anyone has a copy please send it my way - jrosoff@sprynet.com
Old 12-17-2002, 01:28 AM

Hi,
The "Other H2 Forum" was a thread on the H2ML. You can probably still find it on the board. Bob did mention that he is looking to have new forum software that will allow both the web-based forum and the email component. I am glad that everyone is cool......
Thanks,
Matt
Old 12-17-2002, 01:49 AM

kelleymac2000 is off the scale

Matt:

There was a thread by this name, but it didn't refer to this forum AT ALL. It was a moderated list, and I can't find the link. When Bob contacted the moderator, he was met with hostility.

I'm a frequent reader/poster of both of these lists. I think each has it's merit. There seems to be more technical discussion on that list, and more joking/messing around/banter on this one.

I wouldn't trade either one, and I think that both Jason and Bob have done a terrific job.

Kelley

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mpetrich:
Hi,
The "Other H2 Forum" was a thread on the H2ML. You can probably still find it on the board. Bob did mention that he is looking to have new forum software that will allow both the web-based forum and the email component. I am glad that everyone is cool......
Thanks,
Matt<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 12-17-2002, 01:54 AM

kelleymac2000 is off the scale

I want to reiterate: this is NOT Jason's forum we're talking about. He and Bob seem to get along beautifully, and we'd sure like it to stay that way.

Here's the "offending" forum:
http://camel.lrllamas.com/mailman/listinfo/h2owners

Kelley
Old 12-17-2002, 02:07 AM

Hi,
Yep, I agree with everything you said. Bob's email to me, in part, stated "The unfortunate thing about the H2ML vs. that "other" web forum is that, not long after the H2ML became really active (around the time the H2 came out) a flame-war developed between two members. This went on for a little while before I was able to put a stop to it. I think the H2ML lost many members to that web forum as a result. The H2ML has been very peaceful and has been serving its intended purpose (the exchange of information, knowledge and experience about the H2) ever since. I'm hoping those "lost" members come back eventually."
Again, let me reiterate, Bob has been nothing but very nice to me and has answered all of my emails on a myriad of different subjects. And finally, why did all of this come up, well, my other car is a Toyota Spyder and there is an EXCELLENT web forum for Spyder owners (spyderchat.com) and my original email to Bob was to ask him if he was going to consider changing the H2ML to a web-based forum versus an email list (my IMHO, is much less user friendly than a web forum such as this). I also told him that I wanted to register hummerchat.com to host the forum but unfortunately, hummerchat.com is already taken. When I did approach Bob with the idea, he pointed me to this forum and that was it. But, it would be great to only have one place where all H2 enthusiasts got together to discuss things. The more people, the more information, etc.
Thanks,
Matt
Old 12-17-2002, 02:10 AM
Hummer Expert

Thanks for recalling that info Kelley. You are exactly right. Bob related how the owner of this third Forum sent a rude and arrogant email to him at the H2ml and that started the thread entitled "the other H2 Forum." It was not a reference to this Forum.

Jim
Red H2 in Texas
Old 12-17-2002, 08:02 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Your all correct....the 'other' forum was the third and moderated forum. I suspect it was started and run by an individual who was actually kicked-off of Bob's H2ml; a sort of grudge-forum.

This delusional individual is my nemisis, the evil opposite of me...the 'Anti-Steve'. We did battle, he lost!

LET US NEVER SPEAK OF THIS AGAIN!!!
Old 12-17-2002, 10:01 AM

SONA is off the scale

would like to visit, never been there.

"Let me show you my gun collection"
\"Life is tough... tougher if you’re stupid.\" \"Just think, right now, all over the world there are people exercising bad judgment. Somebody, right this minute, is probably making the mistake of his life
Old 12-17-2002, 11:35 AM
Site Admin

Keep in mind that all messages are sent via email, so you will not be able to go to this site and read them - but you can join their list:

http://www.hummerh2.net

This is "Bob's Forum" that everyone is referring to. Enjoy.
Old 12-17-2002, 11:43 AM
Hummer Expert

Au contraire, Jason. Once you join the H2ml, you may access the messages/threads and read them online.

Jim
Red H2 in Texas