H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 11-26-2005, 09:34 PM

TigerH3 is off the scale

See link below for full article:

". . . I try to be an enlightened 21st century guy. I recycle. I clip coupons. So why does the idea of driving around in a big red HUMMER make me feel so tough? It's the truck! There's something about that chromed grill, flat hood and squared-off body that just works. I've been able to ignore the allure of the over-the-top H1 and too big H2. Though both made me fantasize about being an Army guy, neither one would fit in my driveway or my day-to-day life. Too big, too expensive and too hungry for fuel.
The H3 is the sensitive man's Army guy toy. It's got the HUMMER look, from the ladder-on-its-side front grill to the pillbox slit windows to the big wheel wells and squared-off fenders. There's no mistaking the H3 for anything but a Hummer. And that's a good thing.

The H3's styling makes it seem bigger than it actually is. I parked next to a 2005 Nissan Xterra and a 2005 Toyota 4Runner one day, and I was shocked when I realized how close in size the three SUVs actually are (the H3 is 8 inches longer than the Xterra and an inch shorter than the 4Runner).

You'll get a lot of attention driving an H3. HUMMER has softened up the edges enough that drivers of both sexes gave it the eye on the road – or was that me they were winking at? . . . "

" . . . The H3's driver's seat is a high perch, but very comfortable. The cloth seats are appropriately rugged, and seem like they'll be quite durable. Once you get inside the H3, it's a little ho-hum – my passengers all commented with some dismay that "it's just an SUV." The military styling is all on the outside. The interior is clean and well-done, but fairly generic. If not for the flat hood, you could easily forget that you're in a Hummer. . . ."

". . . My beef with the HUMMER H3 is visibility. Those stylish Army guy windows compromise your ability to see the road to the sides and behind you. Backing up is an act of faith. The H3 is such a kid magnet that you'd better have a spotter behind you every time you back out of the driveway. If ever an SUV needed an aftermarket rear view camera, this is it. I picked parking spaces where I wouldn't have to reverse to leave. . . . "

". . . As with any vehicle purchase, it all depends on what you need out of your SUV. I didn't test the H3 off-road – if that's your purpose, you've got lots more research to do. HUMMER claims that the H3 can ford 24 inches of water at 5 mph – impressive, and I have no reason to doubt them. On the road, the H3 acquits itself well, and offers a pretty good value for the money. It's solidly built, and exudes quality from top to bottom. As long as you don't mind being the center of attention in every parking lot, the H3 is pretty easy to live with. Just make sure the tree-huggers know it's the H3, and all is forgiven. It's a kinder, gentler HUMMER. Isn't that what the world needs today? . . . "

Link
Old 11-26-2005, 09:34 PM

TigerH3 is off the scale

See link below for full article:

". . . I try to be an enlightened 21st century guy. I recycle. I clip coupons. So why does the idea of driving around in a big red HUMMER make me feel so tough? It's the truck! There's something about that chromed grill, flat hood and squared-off body that just works. I've been able to ignore the allure of the over-the-top H1 and too big H2. Though both made me fantasize about being an Army guy, neither one would fit in my driveway or my day-to-day life. Too big, too expensive and too hungry for fuel.
The H3 is the sensitive man's Army guy toy. It's got the HUMMER look, from the ladder-on-its-side front grill to the pillbox slit windows to the big wheel wells and squared-off fenders. There's no mistaking the H3 for anything but a Hummer. And that's a good thing.

The H3's styling makes it seem bigger than it actually is. I parked next to a 2005 Nissan Xterra and a 2005 Toyota 4Runner one day, and I was shocked when I realized how close in size the three SUVs actually are (the H3 is 8 inches longer than the Xterra and an inch shorter than the 4Runner).

You'll get a lot of attention driving an H3. HUMMER has softened up the edges enough that drivers of both sexes gave it the eye on the road – or was that me they were winking at? . . . "

" . . . The H3's driver's seat is a high perch, but very comfortable. The cloth seats are appropriately rugged, and seem like they'll be quite durable. Once you get inside the H3, it's a little ho-hum – my passengers all commented with some dismay that "it's just an SUV." The military styling is all on the outside. The interior is clean and well-done, but fairly generic. If not for the flat hood, you could easily forget that you're in a Hummer. . . ."

". . . My beef with the HUMMER H3 is visibility. Those stylish Army guy windows compromise your ability to see the road to the sides and behind you. Backing up is an act of faith. The H3 is such a kid magnet that you'd better have a spotter behind you every time you back out of the driveway. If ever an SUV needed an aftermarket rear view camera, this is it. I picked parking spaces where I wouldn't have to reverse to leave. . . . "

". . . As with any vehicle purchase, it all depends on what you need out of your SUV. I didn't test the H3 off-road – if that's your purpose, you've got lots more research to do. HUMMER claims that the H3 can ford 24 inches of water at 5 mph – impressive, and I have no reason to doubt them. On the road, the H3 acquits itself well, and offers a pretty good value for the money. It's solidly built, and exudes quality from top to bottom. As long as you don't mind being the center of attention in every parking lot, the H3 is pretty easy to live with. Just make sure the tree-huggers know it's the H3, and all is forgiven. It's a kinder, gentler HUMMER. Isn't that what the world needs today? . . . "

Link