H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 10-14-2003, 01:27 PM

SRFCASTR is off the scale

Jason

When will you update the Home page to feature the 2004? I realize there are few, if any, relevant changes, but still I wonder why the delay.

Is there some sort of official GM statement, brochure or other that you are waiting on?

The reason I ask is, it seems that the 2004 is experiencing a “soft” introduction by GM. No new ads, no brochure availability, no press.

I suspect that the presence of multiple 03s on the lots is the reason. My concern is that GM is holding back changes (new colors …..) until the lots are clear of 03s. Am I crazy to suspect this?? My suspicion is heightened by GMs total mishandling of 2004 info., plus the surplus of 03s.

Please advise as I am anxious to place my order for an 04, but do NOT want to miss a shot at new colors.

SRFCASTR
Old 10-14-2003, 01:27 PM

Jason

When will you update the Home page to feature the 2004? I realize there are few, if any, relevant changes, but still I wonder why the delay.

Is there some sort of official GM statement, brochure or other that you are waiting on?

The reason I ask is, it seems that the 2004 is experiencing a “soft” introduction by GM. No new ads, no brochure availability, no press.

I suspect that the presence of multiple 03s on the lots is the reason. My concern is that GM is holding back changes (new colors …..) until the lots are clear of 03s. Am I crazy to suspect this?? My suspicion is heightened by GMs total mishandling of 2004 info., plus the surplus of 03s.

Please advise as I am anxious to place my order for an 04, but do NOT want to miss a shot at new colors.

SRFCASTR
Old 10-14-2003, 03:10 PM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

I think the reason is that GM/Hummer has a second rate communications department. All along they've not been timely or consistent with information and furthre the dealer network is hardly informed. We know more than many dealers do.
Old 10-14-2003, 04:35 PM

Drag is off the scale

I was under the impression that the dealers had the 2004 brochures already. I believe that we already had the discussion about no new colors till 2005 at least, but it could stand a refresher. I think that since the SUT will be a 2005 model, Hummer is planning to introduce all the changes at once.

Also, here's a noodle scratcher for ya, since the SUT comes out in June as an 05, what time does the 05 H2 SUVs come out? Will GM make 04 a short model year to coincide with the release of 05 SUT? I think so, and if 04 is to be a short model year, there isn't much push for an intense marketing campaign for vehicles that'll be off of production in less than a year. When was the last time you saw an Oldsmobile ad, for example?

Corvette= "The ability to pass with class"
Old 10-14-2003, 11:25 PM

Drag Racer

That will just piss me off, BIG TIME.

Short year ??????????????

FYI - The dealers do have "some" brochures. I believe that there was an interim print of 2003 edited for 2004. The scarcity is due to the upcoming changes and the rather large cost of printing ten of thousands of color brochures. Even signing up with GM member services cannot get me a brochure. Onlt avail thru the dealers (a.k.a limited print size). Again I believe that we will see readily available as soon as the 2003 are sold. There will likely be some changes (i.e color).

SRFCASTR
Old 10-14-2003, 11:43 PM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

SRFCASTR I have a brochure that came with my 2004 and there's not much new. No new colors for sure and in fact the photos on it are of 2003s which I can tell from the antenna. What Drag Racer says I've heard elsewhere about the short year, which almost caused me to wait on my purchase since I really wanted a new color especially charcoal. In the end I found I could't wait any longer and am now glad I didn't because black truly looks aweseome. I say just go for it and don't look back.
Old 10-15-2003, 02:33 AM

NVR STUCK is off the scale

According to my dealer 2004 is going to be a short run year. The 2005 models will be out in late May/June 2005. Some new colors interior and exterior. I can't remember what else he said except that there are going to be a number of changes in 2005. Hopefully I will get more info when I go to the SEMA show November 3-7.

No Limits! You're Never Stuck in a Hummer!
Old 10-15-2003, 04:06 PM
Site Admin

Jason has disabled reputation

There is not much new info on Hummer's site or their media site - but what was there has now been added to the H2 Source. This includes a link to the 2004 Hummer H2 Brochure (pdf format) located here:

http://www.elcova.com/h2

I try and stay up on these things for everyone - but I do apprciate the reminder SRF.

Jason
Old 10-17-2003, 07:49 PM

Drag is off the scale

Nvr Stuck,

Are you planning on being at SEMA as a tourist or are you running a booth? I'm thinking about going, but the girlfriend wants to go camping that weekend. I'm torn.....
Sex in Vegas and cars,
or sex in the country under the stars? Hey, I'm a poet and didn't know it! Hahahaha

Maybe if I can tell her that we can see some people that I know, the I can talk her into Vegas!

Corvette= "The ability to pass with class"
Old 10-17-2003, 09:07 PM

NVR STUCK is off the scale

SEMA is a trade show so you will need someone in the industry to sponsor you. Pro-Fit Fuel Doors was kind enough to sponsor me since I have one of their doors. I guess you could say that I am working as a representative of Pro-Fit.

No Limits! You're Never Stuck in a Hummer!