H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 12-09-2002, 07:03 PM

valkolton is off the scale

Hey guys, after looking for the last few weeks for the perfect wheel/tire combination I ran into this information on a new tire by toyo for the new H2s! It is a ~35" mud-terrain for 20" wheels, previously the biggest was BFG's 35x12.50x18 and Nittos 325/65r18.

Unfortunately, I called Toyo to see when it is available and they claimed 1Q 2003. The guy said sometime in February is likely (hopefully). I am still debating to wait or go with the MTs on 18" wheels, which are probably better for offroading but not as "bling-bling". I saw a couple H2s downtown this weekend, one with 22s, and one with 24s and they looked alright - but the tires are too small for such an offroad machine!

Here is the info:
http://www.off-road.com/chevy/review...es/mudterrain/
Attached Images

Old 12-09-2002, 07:03 PM

Hey guys, after looking for the last few weeks for the perfect wheel/tire combination I ran into this information on a new tire by toyo for the new H2s! It is a ~35" mud-terrain for 20" wheels, previously the biggest was BFG's 35x12.50x18 and Nittos 325/65r18.

Unfortunately, I called Toyo to see when it is available and they claimed 1Q 2003. The guy said sometime in February is likely (hopefully). I am still debating to wait or go with the MTs on 18" wheels, which are probably better for offroading but not as "bling-bling". I saw a couple H2s downtown this weekend, one with 22s, and one with 24s and they looked alright - but the tires are too small for such an offroad machine!

Here is the info:
http://www.off-road.com/chevy/review...es/mudterrain/
Old 12-09-2002, 07:05 PM

News release:

Toyo Tires® announces their aggressive new off-road style Open Country M/T (mud terrain) tire for light trucks and four-wheel-drive vehicles. The result of extensive product engineering and field development, the Open Country M/T is designed with a deep lug tread to meet challenging off-highway conditions.

Initially developed in 38X15.50R18 and LT325/60R20 sizes, the Open Country M/T's great, aggressive appearance will enhance the looks of any pickup and SUV, including specialty vehicles such as the new Hummer H2. Toyo's DSOC (Dynamic Simulation Optimized Contact) technology incorporates a supercomputer to dynamically simulate tire behavior under a variety of operational conditions. Excessive tread noise is minimized through the use of CASPAN (Computer-Aided Simulator for Pattern Noise), while STACS (Structural Analysis Computer Software) is used to simulate tire response to a variety of road surfaces, optimizing braking, steering and acceleration. According to Kevin Lakkis, Product Manager, Light Truck Tires, Toyo Tire (U.S.A.) Corporation. The silhouette of the tread pattern on the Open Country M/T is continued onto a portion of the sidewall of the tire. This allows for maximum traction when reducing air pressures in mud, sand or gravel.

Whether fording streams, slogging through deep mud, snow or sand, or just driving down the highway, the new Open Country M/T will provide the ultimate combination of aggressive looks and all around traction. Its cap ply construction enhances belt endurance, while its new technology design provides a more durable sidewall and the benefit of a more stable handling on vehicles with high ground clearance.

For more information on Toyo's new Open Country M/T, log onto their web site at toyo.com or visit teamtoyo.com to download a wallpaper of a Toyo lifted truck featuring Freestyle Motocross Champion Carey Hart. Toyo manufactures and distributes a complete line of high performance and original equipment replacement tires for passenger car, light truck, commercial truck, bus, off-road and construction applications.
Old 12-09-2002, 11:13 PM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

Those new tires would look really good on that T2 wheel. I was wondering if anyone knew the manufacturer of the T2 wheel. I know the size on the kit they sell is a 18x10 and wonder if that wheel comes in a 20x10 size.

See T2 Tire and Wheel link below:

http://www.t2hummer.com/WHEELTIRE.HTM
Old 12-12-2002, 03:42 PM

What about this wheel, it would be easy to clean and blends well with the modern clean lines of the H2... They make them in 20" for 8-lug applications, I saw the 22s on an H2 last saturday!!!

http://www.neeper.com/monsta_details...type=truck/suv
Old 12-12-2002, 03:43 PM

Picture...
Attached Images