H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 11-23-2005, 01:07 PM

TigerH3 is off the scale

See below for link to full article:

"Quickly, which vehicle is longer: the Honda Accord two-door coupe or the beast you see pictured before you? I know this is an "apples" and "oranges" comparison, but it puts into perspective the diminutive size of the H3. As if creating an optical illusion, H3 stylists penned a Hum-Vee-like exterior that projects a much larger, more imposing image of the midsize SUV, which is actually close to an inch shorter in overall length than the Accord coupe. That reality, along with a reasonably fuel-efficient inline 5-cylinder engine, will ease the conscience of many H3 buyers who love the Hum Vee tough-guy image but not the stigma of driving an obnoxiously large, fossil-fuel-wasting war machine. . . ."

". . . Some may view the H3 as the spoiled little brother of the original Hummer and latter H2. Certainly the H3 comes from strong off-road lineage and features a familial design theme, but this kid doesnt share the same battlefield toughness its siblings are renowned for. Yes, it may be a competent off-roader, but under its rugged-looking Hum Vee skin beats the heart of a Canyon/Colorado pickup, albeit with beefed-up legs and hiking boots.

In my view, appeal for the H3 is really limited to two potential dimensions: its Rambo image and its worthy off-road performance. Beyond these distinctions I am not sure what other merits will pull folks toward the H3 and away from impressive alternatives such as the Jeep Grand Cherokee, Kia Sorento, Nissan Xterra or Pathfinder, and Toyota 4Runner - certainly not price. Many rugged, and less so SUVs are available within the H3s price range. Some offer more refinement, some better handling, some stronger performance and some deliver the entire lot while being every bit as capable off-pavement as the H3. In effect the H3 truly is a Hum Vee wannabe."

Link
Old 11-23-2005, 01:07 PM

TigerH3 is off the scale

See below for link to full article:

"Quickly, which vehicle is longer: the Honda Accord two-door coupe or the beast you see pictured before you? I know this is an "apples" and "oranges" comparison, but it puts into perspective the diminutive size of the H3. As if creating an optical illusion, H3 stylists penned a Hum-Vee-like exterior that projects a much larger, more imposing image of the midsize SUV, which is actually close to an inch shorter in overall length than the Accord coupe. That reality, along with a reasonably fuel-efficient inline 5-cylinder engine, will ease the conscience of many H3 buyers who love the Hum Vee tough-guy image but not the stigma of driving an obnoxiously large, fossil-fuel-wasting war machine. . . ."

". . . Some may view the H3 as the spoiled little brother of the original Hummer and latter H2. Certainly the H3 comes from strong off-road lineage and features a familial design theme, but this kid doesnt share the same battlefield toughness its siblings are renowned for. Yes, it may be a competent off-roader, but under its rugged-looking Hum Vee skin beats the heart of a Canyon/Colorado pickup, albeit with beefed-up legs and hiking boots.

In my view, appeal for the H3 is really limited to two potential dimensions: its Rambo image and its worthy off-road performance. Beyond these distinctions I am not sure what other merits will pull folks toward the H3 and away from impressive alternatives such as the Jeep Grand Cherokee, Kia Sorento, Nissan Xterra or Pathfinder, and Toyota 4Runner - certainly not price. Many rugged, and less so SUVs are available within the H3s price range. Some offer more refinement, some better handling, some stronger performance and some deliver the entire lot while being every bit as capable off-pavement as the H3. In effect the H3 truly is a Hum Vee wannabe."

Link
Old 11-23-2005, 02:09 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

H3 Road Test said it all. Just another idiot reporter that doesn't know anything about a vehicle unless it is confined to on road use. What vehicles is he talking about when he says "some deliver the entire lot while being every bit as capable off-pavement as the H3." I didn't follow the link ot read more, just assumed it was more of the same. Thanks for the post though Tiger.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 11-23-2005, 02:30 PM
Hummer Expert

DarthKarl is off the scale

OK, so either a Jeep Grand Cherokee, Kia Sorento, Nissan Xterra or Pathfinder, or Toyota 4Runner is "every bit as capable off-pavement as the H3"?!? mmmm....Right

Pass me the crack pipe dude.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:33 PM
Hummer Expert

RazM is an unknown quantity at this point

Pathetic, someone take the keyboard away from this guy!
Old 11-23-2005, 03:17 PM
Hummer Expert

DarthKarl is off the scale

Here's the kicker:

"Unless ones tactical planning includes serious off-roading, I would recommend choosing comfort over contusion by forgoing the 4x4 upgrade."

This guy is reviewing the H3 as a mall rated mini-van. His opinion has as much merit as a review of a Honda Odyssey's offroad capabilities does - NONE.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:22 PM
Hummer Guru

Sewie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DarthKarl:
Here's the kicker:

"Unless ones tactical planning includes serious off-roading, I would recommend choosing comfort over contusion by forgoing the 4x4 upgrade."
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, that line caught my attention too. But what do you expect from "car" reviewers?

Old 11-23-2005, 07:27 PM
Banned

HIHUMMER is an unknown quantity at this point

You mean to tell me I could have gotten a KIA!! What was I thinking buying the H3. Screw this, I'm trading it in! Kia, here I come!!!

What a freakin idiot.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:19 PM
Hummer Guru

Sewie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HIHUMMER:
You mean to tell me I could have gotten a KIA!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HIKIA doesn't have the same ring to it.

Old 11-23-2005, 11:21 PM
Hummer Authority

westhillsat is an unknown quantity at this point

The last lines of his reveiw:

Some offer more refinement, some better handling, some stronger performance and some deliver the entire lot while being every bit as capable off-pavement as the H3. In effect the H3 truly is a Hum Vee wannabe.

What a MORON

He doesn't have a clue about off road capability.
Old 11-25-2005, 03:17 PM
Hummer Guru

NEOCON1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I want the Kia WTF kia in the same sentence OMG . I love the media
* Rollin with the Banned and the Damned *

"Fred Thompson for President "