H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 03-17-2006, 06:35 PM

tunaboy is off the scale

Ok, don't laugh... I hate to ask this, but how do you answer an incoming call on the onstar system? I can't find any info on it anywhere!

Old 03-17-2006, 06:37 PM

Edd is off the scale

Just push the button with the little picture of the phone, it's on the mirror.
Old 03-17-2006, 06:39 PM
Hummer Expert

DarthKarl is off the scale

When it rings, press the phone button on the rearview mirror. I think you can also press the "talking head" button (the one next to the exterior light controls) to answer the phone as well.

I've found it takes a half a second or so to turn the phone on, so if you say "hello" right away, the caller sometimes misses it. Otherwise that's all there is to it.
Old 03-17-2006, 06:53 PM

tunaboy is off the scale

I've tried the "talking head" and couldn't get it to answer. I've wondered about the phone button on the mirror, but hadn't tried it yet.
I'll try it tonight!! Thanks!!!

Old 03-17-2006, 06:55 PM

Edd is off the scale

The talking head is so you can speak digits for the system to touch tone in. The ON Star CD in the glove box has all kinds of good info on it.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:23 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

I wish it had caller ID

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 03-17-2006, 07:35 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Edd:
The talking head is so you can speak digits for the system to touch tone in. The ON Star CD in the glove box has all kinds of good info on it.

I believe it also works as a mute button when talking. I do know you can use it to program numbers into the system, spent a hour doing that one night. You can use it to make a programmed call. I do not know if you can push it to answer, since I have not given anyone my Onstar number, and won't until Verizon gets their act together and allow me to use Onstar as a second phone and keep my 21% discount.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:40 PM
Hummer Expert

Mike E is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by f5fstop:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Edd:

I believe it also works as a mute button when talking. I do know you can use it to program numbers into the system, spent a hour doing that one night. You can use it to make a programmed call. I do not know if you can push it to answer, since I have not given anyone my Onstar number, and won't until Verizon gets their act together and allow me to use Onstar as a second phone and keep my 21% discount. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

f5fstop, you can use your onstar line on your existing Verizon account and still get your 21% discount. I did.

The only way to answer a call is to press the phone button on the mirror. The "talking head" button is for making a call and other advanced voice commands for making outgoing calls.

You also have caller id. IT will display the incoming calls phone number on your radio instead of the radio station. Or at least it does on mine.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:05 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike E:
You also have caller id. IT will display the incoming calls phone number on your radio instead of the radio station. Or at least it does on mine.

Will have to double check but as I recall mine display the number you are dialing but does not display the incoming number. Just says phone or something like that. Will test it and see though.

Old 03-17-2006, 08:12 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by f5fstop:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Edd:

I believe it also works as a mute button when talking. I do know you can use it to program numbers into the system, spent a hour doing that one night. You can use it to make a programmed call. I do not know if you can push it to answer, since I have not given anyone my Onstar number, and won't until Verizon gets their act together and allow me to use Onstar as a second phone and keep my 21% discount. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

f5fstop, you can use your onstar line on your existing Verizon account and still get your 21% discount. I did.

The only way to answer a call is to press the phone button on the mirror. The "talking head" button is for making a call and other advanced voice commands for making outgoing calls.

You also have caller id. IT will display the incoming calls phone number on your radio instead of the radio station. Or at least it does on mine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When did you sign up for the service? I called and wrote last month, and they said at that time it was not possible due to some stupid computer clitch. Verizon emailed me and said that when it was available, they would send another email.
Might be the area? I know when I moved from TN to MI, I was forced to actually close out my TN account and open a MI account due to different marketing areas. Maybe tomorrow I'll have to give them a call.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:13 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

You also have caller id. IT will display the incoming calls phone number on your radio instead of the radio station. Or at least it does on mine

I used to have that but with my eclipse it does'nt come up.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:24 PM
Hummer Expert

Mike E is off the scale

f5fstop, I did have that issue originally and they went into the system and forced it to give me the discount. It did take some complaining and this was around December when this happened. It had something to do with the Verizon/Onstar service being a different system than the regular Verizon service or some crap like that.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:24 PM
Hummer Guru

NEOCON1 is an unknown quantity at this point

442 are you set up thru verizon for home forwarding , caller id , etc. i only have mine set up thru onstar .

Can you hear me now !!!
* Rollin with the Banned and the Damned *

"Fred Thompson for President "
Old 03-17-2006, 08:30 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont have the home fowarding.Not too many people have the # I started it in aug with 130 minutes and as of last week I had 90 left(including 2 wrong #'s.Do they charge you minute time for the fowarded call?.I use it as a back up and I get a deal through at&t/cingular so I cant change over for know.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:35 PM
Hummer Professional

ETD is an unknown quantity at this point

tunaboy. Check the manual again. There is a section on using the phone. Easy read. I finally got around to it after trial and error. Now I know the difference between "dial" and "call"
H3Bas'r: Ready-Lift Levelled Superior Blue (debadged), Sun roof, Tinted, Mud mats, Wakizashi, front Husky flaps, Manik rocker bars, UCS, Tom Tom GPS for Treo, SuperSwampers Radial TSL, Rear Eaton Locker, PCMforless'd... but, alas, not waterproofed
Old 03-17-2006, 08:35 PM

tunaboy is off the scale

Just tried it! Using the phone button on the mirror worked!!
Thanks guys!!

Old 03-17-2006, 08:54 PM
Hummer Guru

I tested the caller ID a little bit ago and it did not display the incoming number, just said phone. I had it on XM and am using the GM XM Direct setup from Terk so maybe that is why. I don't think that is the issue but I will try it again while on an FM station to see if anything is different.

Old 03-17-2006, 09:16 PM
Hummer Guru

Ok, just tried it on FM and same thing. I flipped through the OnStar manual but didn't see anything about Caller ID. Anyone have any idea how to get it working?

Old 03-17-2006, 09:27 PM
Hummer Expert

DarthKarl is off the scale

Quote:
It had something to do with the Verizon/Onstar service being a different system than the regular Verizon service or some crap like that.

I heard the same thing from verizon when I signed up.
Old 03-18-2006, 11:39 AM
Hummer Guru

Here is the reply I received last month from Verizon:

Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for contacting the Verizon Wireless Business Support Center.

We were happy to review your request for account xxxxxxx.

You will not be able to take advantage of your employee discount if you add an Onstar account, however we have a team that is currently working on this situation. We will contact you as early as next month once this situation has been resolved.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

If you have any questions, please respond to this message, via e-mail, with Reference #3391776, or contact the Business Support Center at 1-866-294-1329.

We appreciate your business. Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless.

Sincerely,

Joy L.

Verizon Wireless
Business Support Center
Dublin, Ohio

"We never stop working for you!"

The above response is subject to the terms of your Service Agreement and calling plan, which apply to all lines on your account. Please read those materials for full details. Our liability is limited. In the event of a conflict between this response and the terms of your Service Agreement and calling plan, the terms of your Service Agreement and calling plan will govern. Verizon Wireless's calling plans, rate areas, rates, agreement provisions, business practices, procedures and policies are subject to change as specified in the Service Agreement.

Verizon has been great getting in contact with me when they have stated they would, so I'll give them a few more weeks. Besides, I have 100 minutes to use before I want to transfer to verizon. I heard those minutes go away when you switch.

As for caller ID or number being called. Mine only says PHONE on the radio display, for outgoing of the one incoming call I have received. I have the MP3 player, and I do know it has a smaller display than the six-disc so this might be the problem.