H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 10-24-2005, 08:55 PM
Hummer Veteran

Jake is off the scale

Should I add any of these once my h3 comes in. I thought I wanted the clearance lights but $700 is awful high for five small lights. What do yall think???
Old 10-24-2005, 08:55 PM
Hummer Veteran

Jake is off the scale

Should I add any of these once my h3 comes in. I thought I wanted the clearance lights but $700 is awful high for five small lights. What do yall think???
Old 10-24-2005, 09:03 PM
Hummer Veteran

Jake is off the scale

by foglights i mean the offroad lights on the roof
Old 10-24-2005, 10:13 PM
Hummer Veteran

Sharkster is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jake:
by foglights i mean the offroad lights on the roof </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I ordered the roof mounted offroad lamps, but I couldn't decide whether to put them on or not. I have concerns about increasing wind noise at high speeds... and since I live in Germany, I drive at high speeds quite a lot on the Autobahn.

Also... after seeing them in person, I thought that they could look a little better. My advice is to not only check them on pictures, but try to see them in person before you decide to order them. Some may like the lot, some not... and some simply cannot decide (i.e. me).
Old 10-24-2005, 10:33 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

My biggest problem with the roof mounted lights is having some guy I don't know drill some holes in my roof. I would expect some added wind noise.
It's too back they didn't design a set that could be attached with some type of tape, and all the wiring goes under a track and then down the A-Pillar. That I could live with.

The off-road lights are not bright enough and unless mounted farther back may end up shining on my white hood...not good at night.
Seeing as the Hummer is pretty high, if I need high-power night lights, I'll install some thin KC's with 130 watt bulbs on the brush guard.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:47 AM
Hummer Veteran

Jake is off the scale

yea i thought the off road lights might be a little underpowered
Old 10-25-2005, 01:14 AM
Hummer Veteran

Sharkster is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by f5fstop:
My biggest problem with the roof mounted lights is having some guy I don't know drill some holes in my roof. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That's another BIG issue I am also concerned about.

The ideal solution would have been a "snap-on" system, which you could either use for the marker lights or the offroad-lights.

The way the outer plastic rooflines are attached even visually suggests that such a system might have been originally planned for the H3. In fact, visually, the bars with the lights (either marker or offroad) integrate excellently into the outer "plastic frame".