H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 01-20-2005, 01:30 AM
Hummer Professional

wilfred is off the scale

Hi all,

First of all, love this forum! I've been searching for all sorts of h2 info on this forum and found answers almost everytime

Since this is my first post, i'll get to the point quick. I've been wanting to buy an extended warranty since day one - that was sep '02. At that time, dealer (sherman oaks, ca) said it's $10K+ and even the finance guy suggests i wait awhile because he is sure the price will drop. Today, i got a quote from some finance guy @ cerritos hummer and for a 7yr/70k GMPP, they still want $6k+. Now when i do a search on this forum, people seems to be paying $2K to $3K top

I have a '03 with only 14K miles on it. Had it since new and the factory warranty will expire this september.

My question is where can i buy the 7yr/70k GM Protection Plan (major guard) for $2k to $3k? Which dealer? Or website? I definitely want the GM one, not some 3rd party company.

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-20-2005, 01:30 AM
Hummer Professional

wilfred is off the scale

Hi all,

First of all, love this forum! I've been searching for all sorts of h2 info on this forum and found answers almost everytime

Since this is my first post, i'll get to the point quick. I've been wanting to buy an extended warranty since day one - that was sep '02. At that time, dealer (sherman oaks, ca) said it's $10K+ and even the finance guy suggests i wait awhile because he is sure the price will drop. Today, i got a quote from some finance guy @ cerritos hummer and for a 7yr/70k GMPP, they still want $6k+. Now when i do a search on this forum, people seems to be paying $2K to $3K top

I have a '03 with only 14K miles on it. Had it since new and the factory warranty will expire this september.

My question is where can i buy the 7yr/70k GM Protection Plan (major guard) for $2k to $3k? Which dealer? Or website? I definitely want the GM one, not some 3rd party company.

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-20-2005, 09:57 AM
Hummer Veteran

H2ummer is an unknown quantity at this point

If you get a GMPP, you need to get it in the first year or 12K since you have over this, the price will be a little higher. My guess is you are looking at close to $3K for $0 deductable.

There was a small price increase after the first of the year. It is available with various Deduction options, $0, $100 and $200.

These two have the best prices I have found on GMPP.

Dennis Fichtner
gmpp@fichtnerchevrolet.com
Fichtner Chevrolet
Laurel MT
406-628-4618 Ext 105

No sales tax with Fichtner unless you are in MT. They also advertise as beating anyone's price.

Another Dealer is:
Marvin Johnson
Superior Chevrolet / Hummer Of Kansas City
8300 Shawnee Mission Parkway
Merriam, KS 66202
800-728-9172
Old 01-20-2005, 05:07 PM
Hummer Professional

wilfred is off the scale

Thanks H2ummer! I emailed Dennis Fichtner and left Marvin Johnson a message already. Let see what happens.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:13 PM
Hummer Professional

H2 Bill is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the forum! Ken Fichtner is great to deal with. I have always been satisfied with their service (I order parts for my Corvette and Suburban from them).
1970 Trans Am balanced, blueprinted, ceramic headers, etc.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:39 PM
Hummer Professional

wilfred is off the scale

Thanks H2 Bill! I will contact Ken next time I need parts.

Yeah, just got quotes back from Dennis and for a 7yr/70k, it's still over $6k for $0 deductible and over $4k for $200 deductible At those kind of prices, guess i will have to take my chances

Now that I can't afford an extended warranty, guess i'll have to get something i can afford... gobi racks or front locker
Old 01-20-2005, 06:48 PM
Hummer Veteran

H2ummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep, it is pricey. The Hummer GMPP is more expensive than others and the fact that you are past 12K miles is working against you too.

I paid about 1.2K for a 60/60k on my C6 Vette with 0 deductable.

Another option is if you have Geico insurance. You can add thier version of GMPP to your plan. They call it MBI. This is much cheaper and from what I understand is widely accepted. I know others have gone this way if they already have Geico.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:22 PM
Hummer Professional

wilfred is off the scale

Nope, not with Geico, im with allstate. But i think allstate has similar stuff, i'll check with my agent to see how much. Bottomline if it's something like $2k-$3k from a reputable company, i'll consider. But if it's $4k-$6k or if it's from some dealership, no thanks, i'll take my chance.

Thanks again for your help! You guys are great
Old 01-20-2005, 09:59 PM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

wilfred, welcome! I'll be very interested in what you find. Mine's an 04 with 19K already. Btw, I'm local -- if you're into wheeling, check out the SoCal Group
Old 01-24-2005, 09:54 PM
Hummer Veteran

mmayo is off the scale

http://www.gmoutlet.com/mgn_email.htm

I bought mine from here, I got the 4yr/60k w/ the $200 deductible for $3060.

FYI my H2 was an '04 w/ 32,500 miles on it when I purchased the warranty.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:03 PM
JFMX345

Maybe GMPP prices vary in different states, but here in PA you can buy a 60/60 $100 ded. for $3410.
That is for any used H2 with up to 24k miles.

For a *new H2(*less than 12mos/12k miles), 72/72 for $3115 w/100 ded.
These are Major Gaurd prices.

I don't know how other states work however.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:08 AM
Hummer Professional

wilfred is off the scale

Yeap, anything past 12months or 12k miles is expensive For the record, Dennis Fichtner has the lowest prices on GMPP after comparing notes. So if anyone is looking, shoot him an email.

Meanwhile, i have decided to take my chance and blew the money on a gobi rack and some piaas
Old 01-25-2005, 05:34 AM
Hummer Professional

wilfred is off the scale

Thanks for the link, i've been wondering why i couldn't find a local club. Guess i just didn't look hard enough.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by H2Finally:
wilfred, welcome! I'll be very interested in what you find. Mine's an 04 with 19K already. Btw, I'm local -- if you're into wheeling, check out the http://h2club.org/6/ubb.x?a=frm&s=82...1&f=8756030324 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 01-25-2005, 06:21 AM
Hummer Authority

kacyk is off the scale

Just out of curiosity, why go GMPP? Why not other sources like warrantybynet? Is the GMPP that much better? I have two GM vehicles, both with under 22K miles and will buy an extended warranty in about a year for both. Warrantybynet is a reputable company that's been around for many years and the coverage seems extensive.
2006 Black H3 LUX + Off Road (Sold)
2003 Yellow H2 LUX (Sold)
2003 Pewter H2 Adventure (Sold)
Old 01-25-2005, 11:35 PM
Hummer Professional

wilfred is off the scale

After reading numerous posts on this forum and personal experiences on other makes, here are a few:

-All dealers have to honor GMPP but they don't have to honor others.

-There was an old post/news that one of these 3rd party company (WarrantyGold?) went out of business and because the parent company is based in some island (foreign country), millions of policy holders were **** outta luck. Dealers weren't taking responsibilities and etc...

-Years ago, I bought an extended warranty on a Jetta from McKenna VW, since their service dept were run by a bunch of clowns, i had to bring my car elsewhere. Thats' when i realize this ext warr i bought was pretty much useless because no other VW dealers in the area was honoring it. Long story short, sold that pos and got most of the money back only because it's the law in California. Of course it took over 9 months to get that refund check.

-Some of these companies work on reimbursement system. I personally do not feel comfortable with that.

Now I do not know anything about Warrantybynet nor have i ever heard of them so i can't comment on them. As H2ummer suggested above, check out Geico if you're with them. I'm with Allstate and my agent can't even find H2 on their automated quote system. He had to fax in a request form and has not gotten back to me since

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kacyk:
Just out of curiosity, why go GMPP? Why not other sources like warrantybynet? Is the GMPP that much better? I have two GM vehicles, both with under 22K miles and will buy an extended warranty in about a year for both. Warrantybynet is a reputable company that's been around for many years and the coverage seems extensive. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>