H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 11-25-2006, 12:59 AM
Elcova Rookie

footbright is on a distinguished road
Question Need Help with a nav system!

I followed everyones instruction on the glove box info. I see neither of Y91 or Y92 Option. What does this exactly mean. I have a bose system and my H2 is the luxury model. Please help. I have an 2006 H2
Old 11-25-2006, 03:11 AM
Hummer Veteran

marius is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Need Help with a nav system!

I have just completed the Nav conversion on my 03 with Bose Lux amp.

If you don't have the Y91 or Y92 option in the glove box, then I am pretty sure you need the non-Lux nav unit for your Bose radio system.

Once installled you need to take the truck to the dealer, to have the VIN re-learned with the Tech II hand held computer and should be good to go.

You will loose the 6 disc CD dash player so you may want to think about a remote CD changer or the PAC interface for MP3 players and use the Nav unit's XM/AUX input to play the iPod or any other player.

I used a RF converter in mine and connected a Sony 12 disc CD player and also the XM/AUX interface to feed the audio from a DVD player that runs both the overhead LCD screen and the NAV screen video adapter. This way I get video on both monitors and the audio on the Bose stereo.

Marius
Old 11-25-2006, 03:20 AM
Elcova Rookie

footbright is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Need Help with a nav system!

Thank you. So OEM nav for the 06 model is also a dvd player?
Old 11-25-2006, 04:49 AM
Hummer Veteran

marius is on a distinguished road

NO, it is not a regular DVD. It is a DVD Rom however. The bad thing about these nav units is that you either have navigation running or playing a CD, not both (this is valid for both touch screen and non-touch screen units). That is whay I suggested a separate CD changer or an iPod ( MP3) player.

The DVD I was refering to, is a separate unit I installed in the arm-rest console that drives the roof LCD and the Nav screen via a PAC video interface that you can buy fro eBay for about 200.00. This interface is basically a RGB converter that feeds the signal inside the NAV unit. You have to open the unit and replace the RGB ribbon with the one they send with the inteface. Quite easy, no big deal.

Marius
Old 11-25-2006, 08:44 AM
Hummer Veteran

tazhog54 is on a distinguished road

Just finish my nav system. With the y91-y92 option it just plugged in . Got the unit off E-Bay. Back up cam is in the license plate and works great!Used a package for the cam from PAC everything plugged in no soldering wires or cutting about 2 hours to do!! (E-Bay)Mine is a no touch screen delco unit ! Lux package w/ boise Pic of plate (2003 sunset orange H2 ) If I did It right!!
Old 11-26-2006, 03:55 PM
Hummer Veteran

gsmith9898 is on a distinguished road

what was the part numbers you used? I have a 2005 with the bose and lux amp with y91 option.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:52 AM
Hummer Authority

Albie is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by marius
NO, it is not a regular DVD. It is a DVD Rom however. The bad thing about these nav units is that you either have navigation running or playing a CD, not both (this is valid for both touch screen and non-touch screen units). That is whay I suggested a separate CD changer or an iPod ( MP3) player.

The DVD I was refering to, is a separate unit I installed in the arm-rest console that drives the roof LCD and the Nav screen via a PAC video interface that you can buy fro eBay for about 200.00. This interface is basically a RGB converter that feeds the signal inside the NAV unit. You have to open the unit and replace the RGB ribbon with the one they send with the inteface. Quite easy, no big deal.

Marius

OK OK OKOK does anyone have pics on this...Like what the PAC looks like and the ribbons.... Also will the 06 nav take an extra audio input...
Old 02-03-2007, 10:20 PM
Hummer Authority

Albie is off the scale

ok ok ok sooo no pics....