H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 04-16-2007, 08:31 PM
Elcova Newbie

2003H2 is on a distinguished road
Default H2 and Procharger kit

Hi guys just wondering if anyone has this kit and how much power the stock motor can handle.
I'm thinking of using the Stage II kit with the D-1SC 10-11psi
Can my stock motor handle this??????
Thanks in advance
Old 04-16-2007, 09:58 PM
Hummer Professional

obzidian is on a distinguished road
Default Re: H2 and Procharger kit

at 11psi, i think you might be, not only pushing the limites of the stock CR versus stock shortblock, but you will be definitely be pushing into the stock trans limits. You will have to be aware of the other mods needed to make the system work properly.

I think you might be able to be at 11psi, i know of one guy in a camaro that has pushed close to 15psi, but it is not, NOT recommendable without atleast a forged shortblock. They are not that expensive, for half the price of the kit, you can have a build 402ci motor builts out of your stock block. No sleeves, just a longer stroke of 4.00" to your already 4.010" (est) bore.

With that, you'll probably need to upgrade injectors. 42lbs or 65lbs would be best. The trans will need either a top-of-the-line rebuild if you want it to last and the largest trans cooler you can find. The rebuild really isn't that much cash really, but i suggest you find a good shop to get this done at. Finally, there is the tuning which is the easy part. Since there are few AWD dyno's period that can hold a h2, i would suggest also a wideband to set your optimal afr with hptuners software.

Sounds like alot, but that is what you may have to do if you want to get it done right the first time and not have any surprises. Now, the stock kit, or the d1sc tuner kit im assuming, you will also need a fuel pump. A simple inline booster a pump from kenne bell or an aeromotive will work. OR you can swap the stock pump for a walbro 255.

At 9psi or 7-8psi, you should make more than what the magnasun at equal boost pressure, peak power wise. However, the characteristics of a centrifugal blower is that it builds power linear... so, considering all things equal, a roots will get ya off the line while you be playing catch-up. You'll make more peak power so you should catch-up has the 112m roots blower will taper off on the top end unless it is a 122mp which utilizes a 90mm tb... good top end power.

Which comes to a valid point. These trucks are geared nicely. I see a huge draw back in acceleration, if that is what your interested in... with the stock torque converter. Its drop off inbetween shifts is pretty nasty. It goes from 6k in 1st gear to under 4k in 2nd. That is alot of power of acceleration your loosing just by the shift extension of the stock torque converter.

anyways, good luck!!!

Last edited by obzidian : 04-16-2007 at 10:01 PM.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:20 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

obzidian and I agree on most things. I would go with Magnuson as low end is what the H2 needs most to get it moving. You can do a search for both our comments and make some determinations.

Magnuson kit will come with everything you need for the 5 to 6.lbs of boost.
New injectors, fuel pump, and allot of other stuff. If You want to go to 10.lbs of boost You will need a different pulley from Nelsonperformance.com tell him the boost you want to run. Then as recommended you will need advanced tuning to run higher boost. HPTUNERS is how I use as well. I run a wideband sensor full time with the tuning software in scan mode all the time using an on board computer setup. when You get to pushing HP/Torque You have to get allot more serious about monitoring and putting the time in it. I will be adding water methonal inj. along with aftercooler spray of co2 all at WOT only but, adjustable if i run boost on up to 15.lbs or more so i can spray early to control detonation and cooling.
Good Luck and do Your research.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 04-17-2007, 03:41 PM
Hummer Expert

CONRAD II is an unknown quantity at this point

I went with the Magnuson charger because it makes more sense to me, especially for something as big as a H2. I was looking for more power off the line, plus the Magnuson design is supposed to be extremely reliable. I'lll find out Thursday... By the way, is 6psi what magnuson recommends with their kit? I was hoping for about 8psi.

03' White 2 Door H1 Pickup w/ 2in. body lift
05' BLACK SUT SLANTBACK Magnacharged w\ 12lb pulley, 6in. Fabtech lift, tierods, BUILT 4L80E tranny, 5.13 gears
66' VETTE STINGRAY
12' DODGE RAM 2500 CUMMINS 4X4 W/ FRONT & REAR LOCKERS
07' Z06
Old 04-19-2007, 08:44 AM
Hummer Professional

obzidian is on a distinguished road

6psi is what magnuson covers you for on their warranty. Also, if you alter their tune you will also loose their warranty. It is tuned fat and mildy... just to get more power without really pushng much more. You can squeeze alot more with just a true custom tune at the same 6psi.

However, if you want more, you can always play with your crank pulley, blower pulley ratios to get more flow versus rpm. However, i would try to maximize what you have already and take educated baby steps!!

TAZ, that meth/water injection is a great kit!! Getting the snow product of another brand?
Old 04-19-2007, 01:57 PM
Hummer Expert

CONRAD II is an unknown quantity at this point

Obz,

What other tuning/accessories would you recommend to get added hp along with the supercharger?

03' White 2 Door H1 Pickup w/ 2in. body lift
05' BLACK SUT SLANTBACK Magnacharged w\ 12lb pulley, 6in. Fabtech lift, tierods, BUILT 4L80E tranny, 5.13 gears
66' VETTE STINGRAY
12' DODGE RAM 2500 CUMMINS 4X4 W/ FRONT & REAR LOCKERS
07' Z06