H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 07-03-2007, 04:34 AM
Hummer Guru

jmsspratlin is on a distinguished road
Default Window seal!

Recently took the truck into the dealer for Onstar problems and for window noise when driving. They fixed the Onstar after 5 days and said that they had to send the truck to a glass place to have it reset and sealed. I thought GREAT! Well, on the way home today...(along with other problems...in another thread) It came a monsoon. To my dismay, the fu#king windshield leaked for the entire 2 hour drive home! It leaked from the center where the rear-view mirror is located. Upon returning home, I climbed on the truck and took a look to see if I could tell where the problem was...but with no luck. I was thinking of super gluing the damn seal down to avoid taking it back to Mobile AL (Joe Bullard Hummer) for them to screw something else up. Has anyone else had such a related problem? If so, what approach did you take to fix it. I know that the truck is still under warranty, but the hell with taking it back there. I'd probaly wind up with the engine blowing up on the way jome. So in essence...the hell with JOE BULLARD HUMMER in Mobile AL!
Old 07-03-2007, 08:03 AM
Hummer Professional

H2bill is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Window seal!

Sorry for your nightmare. Do a search for replacing windshields. There's a tech notice out on how a replacement windshield has to be installed different than the OEM. One of the threads has a copy of the notice. That may or may not be related to your problem.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:29 PM
Hummer Veteran

410225 is on a distinguished road

I had the same problem with upper windshield gasket being loose driving back home from purchase of the truck.
I called MOBILE glass replacement company to come out and re-seal the gasket. I actually looked while they are working and making sure it gets sealed correctly. sealed the gasket, taped and told me to tape it up for at least 2 days for the seal to reset.
No problem since.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:45 PM
Hummer Guru

jmsspratlin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 410225
I had the same problem with upper windshield gasket being loose driving back home from purchase of the truck.
I called MOBILE glass replacement company to come out and re-seal the gasket. I actually looked while they are working and making sure it gets sealed correctly. sealed the gasket, taped and told me to tape it up for at least 2 days for the seal to reset.
No problem since.

I think that's my plan of attack as well. however, after they are done, I'm send ing the bill to Joe Bullard Hummer.